Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 23:53   #1
Newbie
 
buddha141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 20
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Hyderabad to New Delhi...the trip begins

Hi all,

My first post after a while since joining up. Will be starting tomo morning early (i hope ) from Hyderabad to Nagpur and hope to make Bhopal by night fall. Thanks to all who have contributed before to make this possible.

Spent the last two days tuning and fixing my one week old Gypsy acquisition to make it road worthy.

Picked up the "Blue Bikini" from the Team BHP classifieds and am ready for the first long journey in the babe.

Will be posting updates on the way and pictures as well. Also will venture to try to map the LPG options for this route.

Tentative routing is Hyderabad - Nagpur - Betul - Itarsi - Bhopal - Biaora - Guna - Shivpuri - Gwalior - Agra - New Delhi.

More updates tommo.
buddha141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 12:02   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Safe travels & have an enjoyable trip! I'm seeing more & more Bhpians hitting the road & criss crossing India. That's the spirit

Last edited by suman : 19th September 2009 at 12:04.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 12:52   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,629
Thanked: 10,862 Times
Default

Here's wishing you a trouble-free journey and an advance warm welcome to New Delhi. Have fun, drive safe, and take lots of pics to post here!
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 13:18   #4
BHPian
 
gonewithwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 144
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I am sure you will have a wonderful trip with your gypsy. Post some pictures of your Gypsy on the road.
gonewithwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 18:02   #5
BHPian
 
tmnraghu78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 78
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Wishing you a safe and excited trip. enjoy! waiting to hear your experiences once returned.

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
tmnraghu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 15:22   #6
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default

Hope the Gypsy did this trip comfortably without any mechanical problems. Look forward to an update on road conditions, time to travel and pictures soon.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 21:49   #7
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,721
Thanked: 3,308 Times
Default

Hi, have a safe and rocking trip. Keenly looking for your complete travelouge since me too got a plan of a trip like this from Hyderabad since a while. Also, guess its safer to avoid night travel especially in Nagpur - Betal strech. One of my friend took that route during his Kochin - Manali trip and said he came across an area where people roaming around carrying guns .
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:11   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Have a great trip. Are you planning to cross Agra or have a night halt ?
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:37   #9
Newbie
 
buddha141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 20
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

thanks every one for your support. The drive was awsome and i am pleased to tell you that it was accomplished entierly on LPG. I am unable to connect to internet,but i will post a complete post later today with all details.
buddha141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 06:52   #10
Newbie
 
buddha141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 20
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Safe travels & have an enjoyable trip! I'm seeing more & more Bhpians hitting the road & criss crossing India. That's the spirit
Thanks a ton....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Here's wishing you a trouble-free journey and an advance warm welcome to New Delhi. Have fun, drive safe, and take lots of pics to post here!
Will sure do, the trip to Delhi was uneventful..
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewithwind View Post
I am sure you will have a wonderful trip with your gypsy. Post some pictures of your Gypsy on the road.
Will do soon actually the trip got extended...fron Delhi to Manali to Keylong to Dharamshala and back to Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnraghu78 View Post
Wishing you a safe and excited trip. enjoy! waiting to hear your experiences once returned.

Thanks..will update soon
Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hope the Gypsy did this trip comfortably without any mechanical problems. Look forward to an update on road conditions, time to travel and pictures soon.
Like I said above no problems .. thanks for asking.. the trip after Delhi had a few issues nothing major. will come up with a blow by blow acount soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hi, have a safe and rocking trip. Keenly looking for your complete travelouge since me too got a plan of a trip like this from Hyderabad since a while. Also, guess its safer to avoid night travel especially in Nagpur - Betal strech. One of my friend took that route during his Kochin - Manali trip and said he came across an area where people roaming around carrying guns .
As long as you are safe ( i mean do not pick up fights or succumb to road rage and NEVER stop on these stretches) its ok. I did the journey at night no issues and definetly no guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Have a great trip. Are you planning to cross Agra or have a night halt ?
Through agra no halt..
buddha141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 20:46   #11
BHPian
 
IndianNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 150
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha141 View Post
Hi all,

My first post after a while since joining up. Will be starting tomo morning early (i hope ) from Hyderabad to Nagpur and hope to make Bhopal by night fall. Thanks to all who have contributed before to make this possible.

Spent the last two days tuning and fixing my one week old Gypsy acquisition to make it road worthy.

Picked up the "Blue Bikini" from the Team BHP classifieds and am ready for the first long journey in the babe.

Will be posting updates on the way and pictures as well. Also will venture to try to map the LPG options for this route.

Tentative routing is Hyderabad - Nagpur - Betul - Itarsi - Bhopal - Biaora - Guna - Shivpuri - Gwalior - Agra - New Delhi.

More updates tommo.
buddha141 - We tbhpians cant wait any long for you to post the pics

I am extremely sorry to hijack your thread and to post your own "Blue Bikini" pics as a teaser.

Name:  DSCF9339.JPG
Views: 567
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  DSCF9617.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  69.4 KB
IndianNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Season of Knight Rider Series With new KITT- Begins 18th June on Star World Dippy Shifting gears 98 4th July 2011 11:00
Route, Road, Hotel Info : Hyderabad-Rajasthan-Delhi-Hyderabad mobike008 Route / Travel Queries 37 7th December 2010 17:24
hyderabad srisailam nagarjunsagar hyderabad warangal hyderabad pravdr Travelogues 61 2nd May 2010 21:52
Hyderabad-Uttranchal-Himachal-Delhi-Hyderabad (5000kms Road Trip) mobike008 Route / Travel Queries 62 2nd December 2009 16:07
Planning long holiday, Delhi-Leh-Delhi, Delhi-Gangotri-Delhi by road arunforu1 Route / Travel Queries 19 22nd August 2009 02:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks