Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 07:17   #586
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,797 Times
Default

After a long time, yesterday the three musketeers, Glenn and our Road Runner met together for a grand evening.

We still relive the memories of this great trip, and what a journey it had been, 4 strangers till 3 months ago to wonderful friends now.

Life is amazing
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 09:44   #587
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,891
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
After a long time, yesterday the three musketeers, Glenn and our Road Runner met together for a grand evening.

We still relive the memories of this great trip, and what a journey it had been, 4 strangers till 3 months ago to wonderful friends now.

Life is amazing
This is an example of social networking on the world wide web, getting converted into a true social friends network,

StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 18:26   #588
BHPian
 
Rajain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 474
Thanked: 917 Times
Default

Hi Laluks
Thank you for welcoming me. I have followed this particular Leh travelogue like religion.
I have noted several tips as I am planning to be a part of the Leh 2010 season. several people from Bangalore, Chennai and Ramki are likely to be a part of this. I was just a few weeks late in the last season. reached till Keylong but had to come back within 2 days as there forecast of heavy snow which came and Rohtang closed as well. Just the last 25-30 vehicles to cross.
You guys managed a great adventure...planning, detailing, places visited and above all safety.
Happy new year to all of you
Rajain
Rajain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 09:25   #589
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,797 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi Laluks
Thank you for welcoming me. I have followed this particular Leh travelogue like religion.
I have noted several tips as I am planning to be a part of the Leh 2010 season. several people from Bangalore, Chennai and Ramki are likely to be a part of this. I was just a few weeks late in the last season. reached till Keylong but had to come back within 2 days as there forecast of heavy snow which came and Rohtang closed as well. Just the last 25-30 vehicles to cross.
You guys managed a great adventure...planning, detailing, places visited and above all safety.
Happy new year to all of you
Rajain
Hi Rajain. That's great to know.
So we are all eyes and ears for Leh 2010 adventure stories. All the best to you guys.



Happy New year guys.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 13:15   #590
BHPian
 
nanduchitnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 494
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: HumbLeh’d

Have started to read this Mahabharata ....
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 13:36   #591
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,797 Times
Default Re: HumbLeh’d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Have started to read this Mahabharata ....
Sir, you managed to find the log finally. Thanks for reading.

This log is written from my side as a travellor, from HVKumars side as a leader who planned and executed the trip, and from SjKoovas side as a photographic journey. It was a collective effort.

You can also read some Swifted and Civved series from me on our trips in South India. Just check for the threads started by me.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 19:44   #592
BHPian
 
nanduchitnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 494
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: HumbLeh’d

This TL has been written by 3 members!

I have read the section of the drive from Mumbai to Delhi to Leh.

My observations

1. The first leg from Mumbai starting at 0300 hrs ending next day 0600 hrs is scrambling my brains. The SUVs were driving 27 hrs !!!
2. Patni top to Kargil in ONE DAY!
3. Kargil to Leh photographs have reminded me of the roads we travelled. But being on mobike I did not have the luxury of photographing in such details.
4. The pics of Magnetic Hill and many more and the Vedios ARE mesmerising.

I need to repeat Jammu to Leh once more. In an SUV majorly for photogrpahy. This has become necessary after reading this TL and other 2 TLs by tsk and Rudra Sen.

Reading further.

Rgds

Nandu Chitnis
Nandu

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 31st March 2011 at 19:48.
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 19:59   #593
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,797 Times
Default Re: HumbLeh’d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
1. The first leg from Mumbai starting at 0300 hrs ending next day 0600 hrs is scrambling my brains. The SUVs were driving 27 hrs !!!
2. Patni top to Kargil in ONE DAY!
1. They stopped for the night, and early morning started to reach Delhi by 06:00AM.

2. Yes All the convoy without a sweat!

When HVKumar plans and executes a drive, the impossible becomes possible. The above two are nothing compared to him starting at Chitkul on an afternoon at 11:30AM and driving non stop two nightouts 41 hours to reach Mumbai by 04:30AM.

He is such a meticulous planner and executor. Also he is a tresure trove of information for any travellor.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 08:48   #594
BHPian
 
unoczar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 400
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: HumbLeh’d

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
the most common carricature of me on my trips is my feet sticking out of the underside of the car!
Now, that is Insane! Great trip guys, would love to be a part of this in future.

EDIT: Reading since 4 days, currently on page 19.

Last edited by unoczar : 6th April 2011 at 08:53.
unoczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 09:10   #595
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: HumbLeh’d

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Now, that is Insane! Great trip guys, would love to be a part of this in future.

EDIT: Reading since 4 days, currently on page 19.
Very important to know your car well, and be prepared to do-it-yourself. There is no help on hand and I am sure you do not want to go 250 kms to get someone to change a fuse.

I used to go underneath the car to check underbody, tighten suspension components, etc. If you are reluctant to dirty your hands, Ladakh may not be the place for you! However well-prepared your car, problems will crop up.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 09:40   #596
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: HumbLeh’d

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
1. They stopped for the night, and early morning started to reach Delhi by 06:00AM.

2. Yes All the convoy without a sweat!

When HVKumar plans and executes a drive, the impossible becomes possible. The above two are nothing compared to him starting at Chitkul on an afternoon at 11:30AM and driving non stop two nightouts 41 hours to reach Mumbai by 04:30AM.

He is such a meticulous planner and executor. Also he is a tresure trove of information for any travellor.
Lalu, that is a wonderful accolade, thanks a great deal for that.
Like a sports team, every driving trip is a team effort and our trip demonstrated that amply. Each one had his tasks cut out for him, and everyone's good health was crucial. I think that is where we succeeded - everyone of the 22 people in the team jelled well with each other, took all the precautionary measures required and respected each other's wisdom. Each long drive is indeed a real test of psychology!!
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 09:56   #597
BHPian
 
unoczar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 400
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: HumbLeh’d

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Very important to know your car well, and be prepared to do-it-yourself. There is no help on hand and I am sure you do not want to go 250 kms to get someone to change a fuse.

I used to go underneath the car to check underbody, tighten suspension components, etc. If you are reluctant to dirty your hands, Ladakh may not be the place for you! However well-prepared your car, problems will crop up.
very true, many folks like me, just open the hood, stand tall and just prod here and there and think that they know everything about the car and its machinery, a car lover should always know the small tid bits about the car.

Once i had to replace the dead battery in my swift, the culprit? A lose connection in the AMP under passenger seat, something a small kid could have checked and rectified! Poor me! (Damages Rs. 3600)
unoczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 22:38   #598
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 184
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: HumbLeh’d

Only just came across this travelogue. Amazing writing and most amazing pictures. I have been reading through for the last three days and have gone through each word. Well done and very well written. You guys are a piece of work really. An inspiration!
zipperone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 17:30   #599
BHPian
 
ranjith.rajaram's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pune >> Bangalore
Posts: 355
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: HumbLeh’d

I read this travelogue long time back but forgot to give a 5 * .... and here you go.

And hats off to you guys because coordinating 7 vehicles & crew - never easy!!!!
ranjith.rajaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 14:55   #600
BHPian
 
Passiontodrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sangrur (Punjab)
Posts: 111
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: HumbLeh’d

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Now, that is Insane! Great trip guys, would love to be a part of this in future.

EDIT: Reading since 4 days, currently on page 19.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
Only just came across this travelogue. Amazing writing and most amazing pictures. I have been reading through for the last three days and have gone through each word. Well done and very well written. You guys are a piece of work really. An inspiration!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
I read this travelogue long time back but forgot to give a 5 * .... and here you go.

And hats off to you guys because coordinating 7 vehicles & crew - never easy!!!!
Same feelings here... want to add more claps but afraid of infractions... You guys rocks... Travelogue from 2009 and we are reading it in 2011 (With another 5 Star Rating) it will always be alive for every newcomer. Time now to find other threads from HVK, Lalu and Shaji.. Keep it Up. BTW I have completed in 7 days.

Last edited by Passiontodrive : 16th April 2011 at 14:56.
Passiontodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh) laluks Travelogues 2514 3rd June 2016 18:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:30.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks