Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 29th September 2009, 08:30   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default HumbLeh’d

HumbLeh’d

After a year of dreaming over, after a thousand emails exchanged, after a hundred queries on the forum, after a hundred phone calls, after a few hundred hours of reading, finally the decision to set out on this journey to the Himalayas was taken. To sum it up all, I’m humbled by what the world around me had to offer in these days.

It all started with ‘Locomotive’s’ travelogue last September.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...adakh-sx4.html (The Great Indian Roadtrip - Mumbai to Ladakh in a SX4).

I too wanted to drive it up on my car. All I wanted was a like minded partner. I have learned a lot during the preparation days. I’ve learnt to let go, I’ve learnt to negotiate, and I’ve learnt to be practical. Finally I too did the trip, but not with my car, by joining as a passenger in the great convoy led by our experienced HVK.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...on-2009-a.html (Team Raid de Ladakh goes on Ladakh Expedition 2009)

To reiterate, I am humbled by the nature, I am humbled by the vast knowledge of HVK, I am humbled by the safe driving of Glenn, and I am humbled by the friendship I got during this trip. I finally learned that I can enjoy a trip even if I do not drive.

We have not conquered anything; we all just became a part of nature for some days.

This travelogue is my version of what I had seen and felt around me in these days - through my P&S camera.

A teaser
Name:  Teaser.JPG
Views: 9600
Size:  19.7 KB

I will continue to update as time permits, and I promise this would be a realistic version of the travel.

Last edited by laluks : 29th September 2009 at 08:34.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 08:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
We have not conquered anything; we all just became a part of nature for some days.
Well said. A refreshingly different view from the conquering language that one usually comes across.
When one wins a battle with nature, one ends up on the losing side.
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 08:59   #3
BHPian

You are lucky to see one of the most beautiful places to drive and visit.
Lets see when my dream to visit this place gets fulfilled.
RishiSuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 09:09   #4
BHPian

Good teaser, looking out for the review,hope it would be as splendid as all the travelogues posted earlier.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 09:14   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Well said. A refreshingly different view from the conquering language that one usually comes across.
When one wins a battle with nature, one ends up on the losing side.
Thanks.
Completely agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
You are lucky to see one of the most beautiful places to drive and visit.
Lets see when my dream to visit this place gets fulfilled.
Thanks Rishi.
2010, I was told there would be another convoy by the guys who could not join this time. But its too early to say.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 09:49   #6
BHPian

Well Lalu KS, thanks for the teaser, your thread lead me to Team Raid De Ladakh thread, i just finished reading thorugh the thread and was amazed by the team spirit of Team BHP. Looking forward to your post!
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 09:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

Being humbleh'd is a great experience. a leveler.
congratulations on successful completion of the trip
waiting for your experience sharing.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 09:55   #8
BHPian

@laluks
I think the Himalayas and surroundings are magical and they humble one and all. Did you drive all the way from Bangalore to Leh ? Well then we have another high quality travelogue in the making. Please post more like most of the others I am all eyes to see the pictures.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 09:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Wow Laluks. You really had fun. How much I wish could get an opportunity to be a passenger with a really fab team like you guys.

Very nice opening post. Hope to see a different take/perspective of this escapade. Its more about getting conquered than ever conquering anything up there.
Waiting for more.

Cheers,
J
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 10:08   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Good teaser, looking out for the review,hope it would be as splendid as all the travelogues posted earlier.
Thanks Majic. I'll try my best to do a good report. Please feel free to query anytime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Well Lalu KS, thanks for the teaser, your thread lead me to Team Raid De Ladakh thread, i just finished reading thorugh the thread and was amazed by the team spirit of Team BHP. Looking forward to your post!
That was an amazing drive. The convoy had 7 cars and over 20+ people, everybody did their best to keep the trip on schedule. I would mostly be concentrating on Glenn's scorpio and HVK's in this report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Being humbleh'd is a great experience. a leveler.
congratulations on successful completion of the trip
waiting for your experience sharing.
Exactly. That was what I have felt through out the trip, as the vastness of nature unfolded in front of my eyes, i could not feel any other emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
@laluks
I think the Himalayas and surroundings are magical and they humble one and all. Did you drive all the way from Bangalore to Leh ? Well then we have another high quality travelogue in the making. Please post more like most of the others I am all eyes to see the pictures.
Thanks. As a matter of fact Glenn did drive from Bangalore to Leh. I joined him from Delhi as I was already on another trip to UP, and hopped off at Bombay.

I'll put up my pictures, though I am feeling some what worried by all those DSLR pictures posted all around the forum. Mine is a P&S Canon A80 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Wow Laluks. You really had fun. How much I wish could get an opportunity to be a passenger with a really fab team like you guys.

Very nice opening post. Hope to see a different take/perspective of this escapade. Its more about getting conquered than ever conquering anything up there.
Waiting for more.

Cheers,
J
Thanks Jay.
2010, some guys who could not make it this year are going to plan Will I see you there?

Last edited by laluks : 29th September 2009 at 10:12.
Old 29th September 2009, 10:31   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Day 1, September 12th, 2009.
Bombay - Surat - Vadodara - Udaipur -Jaipur - Shahpura.

The team (HVK's Scorpio and Glenn's Scorpio) started off from Bombay and had a good highway run this day. They have started as early as 3AM and reached Shahpura by 10.30PM. 1300 kilometers for the day.

I was not a part of this drive. Hence no pictures from my side.

I was away in UP doing another travel . I will put that travelogue after finishing this one. The other travelogue needs a lot of time due to history and historical facts, which I have to substantiate.

I reached Delhi by 11.00PM from the UP trip. I was told I should be ready by 6.30AM the next day at the defined meeting point near Delhi Domestic Airport. It was at this place some more vehicles (2 Scorpios, a Pajero and a Bolero) would join the convoy - making the convoy to 6 vehicles

Last edited by laluks : 29th September 2009 at 10:36.
Old 29th September 2009, 10:51   #12
Team-BHP Support

Good one ! Waiting for more panoramic shots !

I would request the BHP Admin to collect all the LEH threads and mark in one place. This cold place is a hot favourite both for the road heads and the snap heads !

Waiting for more.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 11:11   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Good one ! Waiting for more panoramic shots !

I would request the BHP Admin to collect all the LEH threads and mark in one place. This cold place is a hot favourite both for the road heads and the snap heads !

Waiting for more.
One of my fellow travellor, SJ is a good photographer. Hope he processes his pictures and provides us a link soon, till then my pictures will be starters
Old 29th September 2009, 11:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey Lalu, good of you to start the travelogue. Please put up the pictures of the entire troup/convoy on K-La
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 11:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I'll put up my pictures, though I am feeling some what worried by all those DSLR pictures posted all around the forum. Mine is a P&S Canon A80 :(

Thanks Jay.
2010, some guys who could not make it this year are going to plan Will I see you there?
While good DSLR pics are a good representation of the trip & locations they only compliment the true spirit of the journey. Writing a travelogue is 'that' spirit. Looking forward buddy.

You most likely will see me there in 2010. I didnt know of such a trip happening, else I would have joined for sure.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote