Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 4th October 2009, 12:57   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

So here's the much-awaited update.

The BB does not allow mulitoquote so bear with me.

12.50pm - taking the NH79 has turned out to be a brilliant desision. We have zipped fast and easy all the way to Kishangarh.

Currently we're 80kms from jaipur. It is futil to ask NC to make time as it is Sam who has driven all day until now.

This trip has made me realise how much I love road trips. I vow to drive the landy across india.

Nc and I are having so much fun that we're almost sad that we're flying back. So far the nano has been flawless. Absolutely flawless. Kudos to RNT and his team.

This morning has been cloudy and cool. All morning we drove sans AC. Despite the mountain driving, twisties,
Village stops, speed rumblers, we have contantly averaged well over 21. Clearly the ac is a guzzler. Also too powerful for this car.
Old 4th October 2009, 13:11   #287
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sam,
What does the Nano sound like? Similar to the Ace truck?
Old 4th October 2009, 13:12   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Nc and I are having so much fun that we're almost sad that we're flying back. So far the nano has been flawless. Absolutely flawless. Kudos to RNT and his team.

This morning has been cloudy and cool. All morning we drove sans AC. Despite the mountain driving, twisties,
Village stops, speed rumblers, we have contantly averaged well over 21. Clearly the ac is a guzzler. Also too powerful for this car.
Well i almost forgot its a Petrol Nano and manufactured by TATA. So to those who said TATA is for diesel only, read this pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Hi Sam,
What does the Nano sound like? Similar to the Ace truck?
Again perceptions, ACE has a diesel engine and NANO a petrol, can't sound the same

Last edited by dadu : 4th October 2009 at 13:13.
Old 4th October 2009, 13:53   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

2pm. We have reached Jaipur. Facing some traffic at the city entrance even though we do not plan to enter the city ourselves.

The weather has treated us to a cool and cloudy day. We're driving without AC and expect our best FE on this leg.
Old 4th October 2009, 14:15   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
no no. i meant to ask, are they planning to drive back leisurely or @ the same rate?
That's why said, who said anything about driving back. It's a one way journey to get the car to delhi and then fly back to Mumbai.
Old 4th October 2009, 14:20   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Greetings from Jaipur.

This city brought a pleasant surprise for the the two of us. A pleasant surprise for all of you too. Stay tuned.
Old 4th October 2009, 14:41   #292
BANNED

Quote:
Greetings from Jaipur.

This city brought a pleasant surprise for the the two of us. A pleasant surprise for all of you too. Stay tuned.
ah was just thinking why so far no surprises, waiting and no guess for anything in your thread and here comes your post, waiting for you to reveal that Sam.
Old 4th October 2009, 14:45   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Greetings from Jaipur.

I guess deky is up to something at Jaipur.

Good going, Sam and NC. Congratulations in advance for imminent on-time completion of the trip.
Old 4th October 2009, 14:47   #294
Senior - BHPian

^^ Did Sam meet some team-bhpain in Jaipur?
Old 4th October 2009, 15:06   #295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
This is the peak time for heavy traffic to enter Delhi from all borders...Sam will have to face lots of trucks on his way from Jaipur to Delhi.
Sam and NC. Noone gives NC any credit. He is doing most of the driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Jaipur to delhi shouldnt take that much as the road between is extremely good and if they do a 70km/hr avg. They should cover the 200km in 3 hrs (max 4).
Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Jaipur- Delhi will atleast take 4.5 hrs if not more. Being the end of a long weekend, there will be lots of cabs and private cars on road getting back to Delhi plus the trucks and plus the 4 toll gate (5 for them as they will take Jaipur by pass)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Oops this might be a major hitch. Sunday evening, everyone trying to get in the city as well.
This is what I worry about. I would liked to see Sam enter Delhi by 6pm so that he could make that meeting. As Sam mentioned before the trip started, the meeting is not unimportant. 6pm is NOT going to happen.
Old 4th October 2009, 15:06   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A pleasant surprise for all of you too. Stay tuned.
''Ye sam ki aadat hai.''

He says stay tuned and runs away.
Old 4th October 2009, 15:29   #297
Senior - BHPian

Happen to catch NC & Sam just in the nick of time before they took the turn towards the by pass. After a lot of chasing, flashing of lights and franatic hand signals I managed to stop them. ( was not able to communicate to them that I would be waiting hence just took a chance)

It was great to see both of them in good spirits and enjoying the rides. In the 10 minutes I spent with them I heard a lot of interesting incidents that happned on the way but I shall wait for Sam to narrate them in his own special way.

In short they were doing great, none of them looked tired, the car was running better than they expected, the weather luckily is superb and the best part is that both of them are enjoying the ride.

They were back on the road at 14:20 hrs

I had to follow them on the expressway for good 15kms or so (no cut). The Nano was cruising easily at 90 kmph+

Now for the surprise I think its the photos that I managed to take while with them. If there is any other then we have to wait a bit more.

Here are the pics
Attached Images

deky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2009, 15:32   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

3.30pm - day two.

We're about 200kms from New Delhi. Seems little in comparison to the hundreds we've left behind us.

And yet, this is an awfully built road. This little car is bouncing, flying and gasping on what is so far the worst constructed stretch of highway we have encountered so far.

Tons of misbehaved trucks, hundreds of cars. NC is dodging traffic and large tumours on a sorry excuse of a national highway leading to the nation's capital.
If our journey until here had been anything like this, we would have been tired and disgusted.
Old 4th October 2009, 15:37   #299
BHPian

@deky : That was a great chase. Seems they are in good spirits. So Sam's Nano is registered at Pune !!
So whats the news reg. their making it Delhi in time ?? Are they optimistic ??
Old 4th October 2009, 15:40   #300
BHPian

Great pics Deky . They seem to be as fresh as ever ! The Nano looks cute .
The last picture you can compare the size of the Nano as compared to Alto .

Enjoy the epic trip Sam and NC . As for us armchair travelers we are also having one hell of a time keeping up ! Keep us posted .
Closed Thread