Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 4th October 2009, 19:45   #331
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Sometimes I wish this car was shorter so we could swing in under the trucks like the fast and the furious.
First time I saw this stunt being done was in 1983 on TV in a show called HardCastle and McCormick the car was a ficticious car called the Coyote X.
see pic about half way down on the right of the screen on this link.
THE COYOTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
6.30 pm. One Tata Nano, 2 guys, 10 oranges, 4 bars of candy, 3 bottles of water are now in the city of new delhi.
phew. finally. you made good time from Jaipur thanks to NH79.
Old 4th October 2009, 20:01   #332
BHPian

Great news guys. NH8 while coming to Delhi is horrible these days, too much patholes, patches and big design made by truckies. You can't manage the speed of 80 km/h there.

Anyways congrats.
Old 4th October 2009, 20:02   #333
BHPian

Congrats Guys!
You made it on time! A little editing to Rudrajis image
Waiting for the full story and photo-video rounds!

YetiBlog® -  The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!-samncmumbai2delhinano.jpg

Regards,
Renny
Old 4th October 2009, 20:03   #334
BHPian

This is my first post on Team-BHP ever since I joined a couple of weeks ago. I've been following this thread since the day it was posted. Congratulations! Great job guys!!
Old 4th October 2009, 20:20   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Happen to catch NC & Sam just in the nick of time before they took the turn towards the by pass. After a lot of chasing, flashing of lights and franatic hand signals I managed to stop them. ( was not able to communicate to them that I would be waiting hence just took a chance)
off topic, hope you guys had your blinkers on when parked there. There is very little shoulder space and your tires are touching the white line. just needs an impatient driver to make a disastrous mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
My 1st post on this thread.

ps - The Nano has turned us into super stars as well.
N_C, I have a newfound respect for you, that FE was quite an achievement. Didn't know such sensible drivers exist in mumbai.

and for the rest of the drive, you are a superstar

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 4th October 2009 at 20:24.
Old 4th October 2009, 20:22   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome !

Gautam, you're truly N C ! Waiting for your report on the car & Sam's story of the madien journey of this cute little baby.

Would love it if you can capture the response at the dinner .. which should have started now.

Deky, thanks for those pics !
Old 4th October 2009, 20:32   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
off topic, hope you guys had your blinkers on when parked there.
Yes - the blinkers were on - in fact I always drive with the headlights on when on the highways.

Quote:
N_C, I have a newfound respect for you, that FE was quite an achievement. Didn't know such sensible drivers exist in mumbai.
We have no option in Mumbai but to crawl - might as well crawl sensibly - what say ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Would love it if you can capture the response at the dinner .. which should have started now.
Well I am chilling at home while Sam has gone for the dinner. So I shall get to know the reactions when Sam is back

A big shout out for Deky who took time off on a sunday to chase 2 vella guys to meet them. And the lunch he got for us actually saved us some time. Thanks Deky - your gesture was very sweet and over whelming. It was our absolute pleasure meeting you.
Old 4th October 2009, 20:48   #338
BANNED

Shattering!! Waiting for Arush to work his magic now. Arush, if you are reading this, MAKE HER ROCK!!
Old 4th October 2009, 20:56   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes - the blinkers were on - in fact I always drive with the headlights on when on the highways.

We have no option in Mumbai but to crawl - might as well crawl sensibly - what say ?

Well I am chilling at home while Sam has gone for the dinner. So I shall get to know the reactions when Sam is back

A big shout out for Deky who took time off on a sunday to chase 2 vella guys to meet them. And the lunch he got for us actually saved us some time. Thanks Deky - your gesture was very sweet and over whelming. It was our absolute pleasure meeting you.
Sam and NC when are you guys coming back LETS have a big BASH for all team-bhpians
Old 4th October 2009, 21:05   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Gautam,

It wasnt that big a deal really, it was the least I could do. I also enjoyed the 10 minutes which we had together and was so much fun talking to both of you and to see the spirit you guys had.

Now as the rest, I am also waiting for a complete triplogue from you guys and to hear all the masala stories.

Regards
Old 4th October 2009, 21:07   #341
BHPian

This is somewhat like the Top Gear Challenge - except for one crucial difference - this isn't staged. Which makes it all the more real and enjoyable. I enjoyed reading this more than I enjoyed watching any of the Top Gear challenges. All we need is a few pics and a detailed report - one from Sam on the trip and one from NC on the car itself.

If Team-BHP members do this often enough, you could even have a 'Team-BHP challenge' a la Top Gear!
Old 4th October 2009, 21:52   #342
BHPian

Sam & N_C

Congratulations !! A great achievement.
Old 4th October 2009, 21:58   #343
Senior - BHPian

You guys made it! Awesome.
Normally Crazy, Abnormally Crazy and a Nano.
Brilliant work guys!
Old 4th October 2009, 22:00   #344
BHPian

Wonderful, Excellent. Congratulations Guys!!!

Im waiting for the Excellent Travelogue to follow with all the adventures mentioned in Great Detail.
Old 4th October 2009, 22:18   #345
BHPian

Congrats, Sam and N_C!

Hope Sam is back by now? Did you break the news at the party/meeting?
Closed Thread