Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 5th October 2009, 12:52   #376
Senior - BHPian

I guess, the fuel gauge is never a good indicator to check the mileage, especially in the initial stages. Even in my car with a capacity of 45 ltrs, after finishing 1/4th tank (11ltrs) I do approximately 200kms.Thats a mileage of around 18 kmpl. And in the next 1/4th petrol (11ltrs) I only do 90kms.

And in the end when I get the tank refilled I end up getting a mileage of approximately 13kmpl.

You guys, seem to be agreeing on everything about the car. Is there anything about the car you guys had an extended argument on? Like something you liked and he detested or vice versa?
Old 5th October 2009, 13:15   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Bombay-Delhi in a Nano - Reboot!

At about 8 we call my business associate in Navsari. He awakens with a shock.
What? Already here? From Bombay? Impossible!

By 8.30 we're waiting for him at the Navsari Bypass. We will also need some help. The power sockets to the GPS Navi and to the iPod kit have failed. Plus to make matters even worse, the video camera has run out of battery.

Halting at Navsari is the only solution. In an hour an a half, the camera is charged, the fuses replaced and we're full of tea, fafdas and khaman dhoklas.
Unfortunately we're also completely soaked with sweat.

It's awfully hot. Hot and humid. Even though we'd like to think that the engine is cooling down, the car itself (especially the interirior) is getting super hot.

By 10.15 it is time to leave for Surat. But not before we can take a few nice photos of the car and NC.

YetiBlog® -  The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!-dsc_3143_l.jpg

YetiBlog® -  The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!-dsc_3144_l.jpg

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 5th October 2009 at 13:16.
Old 5th October 2009, 13:18   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
You guys, seem to be agreeing on everything about the car. Is there anything about the car you guys had an extended argument on? Like something you liked and he detested or vice versa?
In one of the videos Sam says that he feels that after accelerating to some speed and taking your foot off the gas pedal immideately, the sound increases as though the speed is immideately coming down ( I interpreted that way).

N_C disagrees with Sam's observation there for sure.
Old 5th October 2009, 16:30   #379
BHPian

Sam,

Dude I'm a newbie here and when I first glanced at your thread I was on my own road trip from Kodai to Bangalore (in an Innova driving 120-140 kph and loving every minute of it); My first words were man these guys are borderline basket cases (no offence intended...it was more out of admiration that you would do that);but what an achievement; congrats !

Adit
Old 5th October 2009, 16:36   #380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
My first words were man these guys are borderline basket cases
Borderline? Fultoos Pagal hai donno! You should see them discuss Bollywood.
Old 5th October 2009, 16:59   #381
BHPian

Waiting for more Sam....

Anyways good to see the team BHP sticker on Nano... Am i right when i say that this ( in most probabilities) is the first Nano with the Team-Bhp Sticker.
Old 5th October 2009, 17:19   #382
Team-BHP Support

Wow, this is probably the first nano to do Bombay Delhi!
Old 5th October 2009, 20:42   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Driving into Udaipur city centre, about 3 kms away we spot a stunning facade. It's called Paras Mahal.

I've stayed there and its amazing, you should try the famous biryani at Paradise in Vapi.
Old 6th October 2009, 00:34   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Wow, this is probably the first nano to do Bombay Delhi!
I just received verbal confirmation that it is indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I've stayed there and its amazing, you should try the famous biryani at Paradise in Vapi.
Not when you're staying in Udaipur of course. No Biryani is worth that.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 6th October 2009 at 00:40.
Old 6th October 2009, 00:55   #385
BANNED

Wow, wonderful journey.

One Normally Crazy and the other Abnormally Crazy driving one CRAZY car and on ONE CRAZY distance drive.

Congrats on completing the journey, This thread will be an eye opener to lots of TATA Nano Critics

Anyways this long a journey the Nano has proven, So its a Blockbuster.

good work TATA, and thanks to both CRAZY Guys.
Old 6th October 2009, 01:05   #386
Senior - BHPian

NC & Sam,

Belated Congratulations,
I am a newbie on the forum and have been following this thread since it started. Your travelogue helped me relive my experiences on the same road from 2004 driving a Zen to Delhi & the return trip in a Type1, HCity1.3 exi. I have been planning to repeat the trip and am so kicked just reading the thread that I will do it again this coming November.
Look forward to more pics, videos and your experiences on the road.

Khoj
Old 6th October 2009, 01:33   #387

Default Hey Sam and NC

Though I have been with Team BHP for almost some months now, never been a regular poster (you know what I mean), ever since I bumped in to this thread, am glued to it.

What an awesome realtime drive, loved those updates and man every critic of NANO should be given a copy of this thread. Good going guys . All the very best for your future trips and I cant wait for the full travelouge.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th October 2009 at 09:19.
Old 6th October 2009, 03:03   #388
Senior - BHPian

Good job guys..
So nano is capable of doing long trips.
The engine noise is quiet evident in videos.
I guess more is to come right?
Old 6th October 2009, 09:06   #389
BHPian

Sam, keep the write-up and pics flowing. You guys have achieved something, so let us all bask in the glory!

Next time when the Yeti becomes silent for a longish period, we will know that he is plotting something sinister. Now the expectations are high.

What's next? Drive to Kolkata in a Reva?
Old 6th October 2009, 09:11   #390
Senior - BHPian

Do they have any plans to report this to the Media ? Doing what they did is quite an achievement. They should go ahead. I hope they will be takers for this story before it is too late or stale.
Closed Thread