Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 6th October 2009, 09:16   #391
BHPian

@Sam , This is the first time i followed your travelogues and i must say , it is mind-blowing.I also saw your videos on Ibn regarding the swift mod and it was amazing.I seriously think this article should be released to tata guys as one of the Road test on nano !!
Old 6th October 2009, 09:45   #392
BHPian

Sam, as usual wonderful going through your travelogue, enjoyed every moment of the thread right from the begining. Continue doing the good work!
Old 6th October 2009, 09:50   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

It isn't only the drive and the car. It's also the friend you're with. NC and I had so much fun all the way, just enoying the road, enjoying the drive and talking absolute crap all the way.

Take a look.

I hope you guys are enjoying the videos. They're just short, light hearted and fun, not serious stuff.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:09   #394
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely right Sam.More than the drive its about the company.Its actually the company you have that makes the drive worthwhile.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:13   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
PAVAN KADAM : One Normally Crazy and the other Abnormally Crazy driving one CRAZY car and on ONE CRAZY distance drive.
@Pavan, it is more like :

One Normally Crazy, and the other Absolutely Crazy, both driving One crazy distance in a cute lil' car !
(note : Not " abnormal " - there's a better way to describe him
Old 6th October 2009, 10:36   #396
BHPian

Hi Sam,

Just read through the entire Blog .

Really liked your writing Style and It was one Daring Adventure in a Cute Car.

You Guys Rock !!
Old 6th October 2009, 11:24   #397
BHPian

@ Sam & N_C :

Just out of curiosity : Did you keep a track of how much toll you paid till Delhi ?

When I had driven from Pune to Bharatpur (on NH8) in 2006 I had paid something like 700 - 800 bucks as toll fees. The number of toll plazas had driven me crazy !!
Old 6th October 2009, 12:00   #398
BHPian

This is a wonderful online review.. Fantastic and gr8 job done..... and dedicated to Team-BHP.

It reminds me my M800 escapade from Mumbai to Alwar and Back in 2006 Oct.

Kudos Sam and Goutham...!!
Old 6th October 2009, 12:06   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
It isn't only the drive and the car. It's also the friend you're with.
This is probably the most important fun factor. Having a good friend along makes short work of long distances, bad roads and bad weather on any trip

Quote:
I hope you guys are enjoying the videos. They're just short, light hearted and fun, not serious stuff.
I've been enjoying the videos and pics and going by the responses on this thread, so have a lot of others.

You guys have probably created history by doing the first long distance trip in the world's cheapest car and at good speeds too!

Great going, Sam & NC

Last edited by gomzi : 6th October 2009 at 12:08.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:28   #400
BHPian

In N_C words.

First commercially sold Nano to complete a Mumbai Delhi drive.

N_C how about your version of the travelogue. You have hardly posted here.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:04   #401
Senior - BHPian

amazing trip. the car has done the job beautifully. nano can be taken on highway trips now with shorter fuel stops. Great to hear that.

Sam where did you get the fuse changed ? at any Tata Authorised Service Center or any other garage ?
Old 6th October 2009, 14:10   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Sam where did you get the fuse changed ? at any Tata Authorised Service Center or any other garage ?
Got it changed by a guy who works at a garage. The fuses are smaller ones though not the regular size.
Old 6th October 2009, 16:50   #403
BHPian

Sam/NC
Somehow I missed this thread and have read it start to finish over the last hour or so. I had tears in my eyes when the pride of this nation entered the Capital at 6:30pm.

In Jan 85, my Maruti 800 DX(SS80) allotment had matured. A lot of Doubting Thomases were dissuading me from picking up a 3 cylinder 800cc car which would not make it over the Western Ghats. I saw a Maruti 800 with Delhi number plates and a carrier at Pune Station. Met the Sardar owner who was alighting from the car and asked if he had driven from Delhi. It was his description of the ride, in very colurful language that cannot be repeated here, that convinced me to land up at Vitesse motors, Mumbai ( there was no Maruti Dealer in Pune then) with the balance payment.

One difference: That was proven Japanese engineering; this is pioneering Indian innovation. And it takes a couple of brave, dedicated auto enthusiasts to confirm hum kisi se kam nahin
Old 6th October 2009, 17:43   #404
buz
BHPian

Sam/NC,

Awesome work guys! Inspires me to maaro another trip on this route. Did a Delhi-Mumbai last year on my Corsa when we were moving to Mumbai and absolutely loved the choice of travel! As you did, we (my wife and I) too stopped at Udaipur, checked out the city for half a day and then moved ahead. The road was pretty good in most places except for a stretch near Chanderia on NH79 and between Surat and Bharuch on NH8. This was what pretty much slowed us down in our trip. Have the gaps been plugged now?
Old 6th October 2009, 21:01   #405
BHPian

One hell of a drive and i can see you guys enjoyed it thoroughly. I am proud i am part of such a fraternity. And of course i too enjoyed all your posts.

Keep up the good work and i guess the whole forum is waiting for some statistics from you guys.
Closed Thread