Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 9th October 2009, 23:33   #436
Team-BHP Support

Sam,

i hope you have a very decent excuse, for NOT updating the log here for that last whatever hours!!!???
Old 10th October 2009, 00:09   #437
BHPian

It seems the energy level was much higher before the adventure (anticipation?) than after it ended, both from the readers' side as well as from the authors' side. After the trip ended, I was expecting a lot of clamouring for information from the readers and lots of anecdotes from the adventurers.
Old 10th October 2009, 05:54   #438
BHPian

Wasn't it a pain to keep posting through the Blackberry during the journey? I'm just testing it out on my BB now, and boy it's a lot of scrolling!
Old 10th October 2009, 08:23   #439

Default curious to know about NaNo

Hi Sam.
I am new member of the forum and I was so hooked to your blog and journey with Nano that I applied for membership and luckily I got too. So here I am writing to you..
Anyway It was one of best travelogue I have ever read so congratulations.

I live in NYC and often being asked about TATA Nano. So I forwarded your travelogue link to some of my friends and they were so impressed. Now they are asking "how to buy TATA Nano car from India since it is not available in USA ?
I wish I can get one....

I am wondering how is car functioning now? Is there any problem after this long drive ?
Old 10th October 2009, 08:56   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

I apologise. Ever since I've returned to mumbai, I've been busy. We have stories, photos videos and many more lovely moments to share.

Pls be patient for a little while. Sorry again.
Old 10th October 2009, 11:17   #441
BHPian

^^ You just say that. You have not updated your thread on the experience at PVR ( My funny experience(s) at PVR-Phoenix cinema, Mumbai). :(
Old 10th October 2009, 11:20   #442
BHPian

The hype before the drive hasn't quite lived up to the response after the event.
Old 10th October 2009, 19:47   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen08 View Post
The hype before the drive hasn't quite lived up to the response after the event.
the event is over guys. bachche ki jaan loge?

and I think you meant the response after the event has not quite lived up to the hype before.
Old 11th October 2009, 20:19   #444

This is really a great thread and congratulations to Sam & NC on completing this, I would say rather historic journey, successfully... I am sure it goes a long way in proving the capabilities of this unthinkable offering from TATA.
Old 11th October 2009, 22:45   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
^^ You just say that. You have not updated your thread on the experience at PVR ( My funny experience(s) at PVR-Phoenix cinema, Mumbai). :(
Really?? lol. I must check.

Meanwhile here's a fun video to tide you over.

Old 12th October 2009, 03:12   #446
BANNED

Bravo Bravo!! Engine Bumbai mein chod diya!!

Maybe you can assist me in making some new answers for when people ask me stupid questions when I drive my Left Hand Drive!!
Old 12th October 2009, 08:34   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Bravo Bravo!! Engine Bumbai mein chod diya!!

Maybe you can assist me in making some new answers for when people ask me stupid questions when I drive my Left Hand Drive!!
Mere family mein sab lefty hai?
Old 12th October 2009, 09:08   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Really?? lol. I must check.

Meanwhile here's a fun video to tide you over.

Amazing answer "Bambaee mein chod diya!!"

By the way this was the first video I saw with Sam's commentary since I hit the last page first as it would have the most recent posts.

@Sam - Your voice had an accent from India which I could not place. Seeing your other travelogues I thought you would have a firang accent , but hearing you commenting about the Nano and in general the commentary well I feel accent is kinda muddled. Waiting to see some more photos as well.
Old 12th October 2009, 11:51   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
@Sam - Your voice had an accent from India which I could not place. Seeing your other travelogues I thought you would have a firang accent , but hearing you commenting about the Nano and in general the commentary well I feel accent is kinda muddled.
Why would I have a firang accent? Even though I'm not a throughbred Indian (I have mixed heritage) I was raised and educated in India. I am quite Indian and speak like any good Indian should!
But I'm a sympathetic speaker so I often lapse into an accent similar to the person I'm speaking to.

The same applies to my better half. So we have this sort of Indo-German accent between the two of us, lol.
Old 12th October 2009, 13:41   #450
BHPian

Sam,

Dont know how, but today I got an email [as a forwarded mail] written by you to Tata motors [I dont work for TATA]

Seems TATA is proud of your adventure & already started forwarding this email for more publicity!
Closed Thread