Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 11th November 2009, 14:45   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam... that wasn't a licence plate.

It was a piece of steel for scraping mud (and maybe rubber) off the wheel!
Old 11th November 2009, 15:20   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Video -part 13

Quote:
Want to take that road?
Why not?

In a split second he decides to take a U turn. We drive back a few hundred metres and turn left onto NH79a.
Why? We both have no idea. Just followed instinct I guess. We were fed up of the trucks, perhaps.
Old 11th November 2009, 15:32   #528
Senior - BHPian

You right NC, You actually need cruise control on NH76 & NH79 (from Udaipur-Kishangarh). The road is brilliant, less traffic but plenty of tolls.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:07   #529
BHPian

hehehe!! You definitely can put Cruise control to use in NH79!! The roads are super smooth and very very less traffic.

Seems you guys are having a ball in the pint sized nano..

Nainar
Old 12th November 2009, 12:24   #530
BHPian

279/- bucks say this story wouldn't finish till end of Niovember, 2009.
Old 12th November 2009, 14:06   #531
BHPian

Hahaha..
Its censored too...
Aiiiii like it !!!
Old 13th November 2009, 12:35   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Mumbai to Delhi in the Nano - reboot/ Day Two

Soon NH79 rejoins the rather broadish, widish NH8 from Kishingarh to Jaipur.

We're grooving to the music, cracking jokes like they were going out of style and really enjoying ourselves with that video camera.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I offer you one of the MOST entertaining videos of this trip. No kidding, this is really funny.

Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2009, 14:40   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, I offer you one of the MOST entertaining videos of this trip. No kidding, this is really funny.
I know that SMS'ese language is frowned upon, but I have to say this:

"LMAO" watching this video.

Mods: I have already frowned upon myself, so pardon the indulgence!
Old 13th November 2009, 15:34   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Mumbai to Delhi in the Nano - reboot/ Day Two - Jaipur

Day two, Approximately 2pm: We've reached our first big traffic jam at the Jaipur Bypass.
It is packed. Literally packed with trucks. We're so used to being on the move that this is really annoying.

We take the bypass that avoids the city and continue on the road to Gurgaon.
On the rather long and flat bridge, Gautam slows down.

Kya kar raha hai?
Somebody is flashing his lights at us.
Wha'?
Someone in the car behind us is flashing and waving us to stop.
Why?
I dunno. I'll stop?
Mad or what? Why stop. Must be someone asking the usual Nano hai, Nano hai questions.
I don't think so. This guy is really waving to us to stop.

1 minute later we've pulled over and the car pulls up behind us. Inside is a young man who is smiling at us. I peer at his face. No, I'm not sure...

Deky says the guys smiling and shaking hands with us. It's Deky from Team-BHP!
How did you find us? we ask, grinning and shaking hands and nodding a lot.
Well I kind of knew your route and so I just drove out and waited for a yellow Nano..

Deky is a great guy, whatever we manage to know of him in the 10 minutes we talk together.

Not only is he completely understanding of the fact that we need to rush, he's even got us McDonald's lunch on-the-go. Burgers and wraps. I'm loving it.

We thank Deky profusely for this unexpected, yet wonderful surprise and drive on in a bit. Team-BHP really does have the best spirit!

YetiBlog® -  The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!-dsc02588_l.jpg

YetiBlog® -  The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!-dsc02591_l.jpg

And so we're now in Jaipur. Suddenly Delhi doesn't seem so far away...

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 13th November 2009 at 15:35.
Old 13th November 2009, 17:25   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Mumbai to Delhi in the Nano - reboot/ Day Two - Jaipur to Delhi

THIS is the Golden Quadrilateral?

Dirty bashed up, patchy bits and bobs of tar bounce our little car around between Jaipur and Delhi.
People stare at our car. Some point in awe, some laugh. Regardless, nobody likes it when Gautam overtakes them in a flash.

We realise that people expect very little from this car and when it actually overtakes or outruns a swift or a santro, people stare in shock.

It is about 5.30 pm now. We're on the road to Neemrana. Those who follow my travelogues will remember this beautiful fort-palace I had spent the weekend in.

We're far more relaxed than we were when we started this journey. The weather is awesome and cool.

YetiBlog® -  The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!-dsc_3503_l.jpg

YetiBlog® -  The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!-dsc_3506_l.jpg

On the way we get very philosophical about the Tata Nano, in fact I think we're both going to be sorry to leave it.

Where have you reached?

My phone is ringing and my colleagues are wondering where we have reached. Our VIP dinner is scheduled on time and they are worried I will be late.

I am worried I will be late. Gautam is driving as fast as he can, but now that we have reached the outskirts of Gurgaon, it is getting difficult to make any time at all.

We have crossed the Airport Junction. We weave through the maze that is New Delhi. I canot believe it. We are already in New Delhi.
The car has driven us here effortlessly and flawlessly.

18:30: As we weave through the maze of the city, I call my colleagues and ask then to go ahead to the place without me. I am not really going to be late, but the Good Lord knows I need a shower. Including the time taken for my shower - we will be late.

19:00: As we park the car under the apartment we're both grinning like idiots. We made it. In one piece with no plan B.

YetiBlog® -  The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!-dsc_3507_l.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, that was how we drove India's most famous car across the country in one and a half day.

Thank you for reading our story. Thank you for your faith. Our genuine thanks to the team at TATA for producing a little wonder that could do this without a hitch.

In closing I offer you my last video. No, it is not a video of the road. It is a video of us. The 2 of us and our take on India and the TATA Nano.

I hope you enjoy it. THE END - Video in the next post.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2009, 17:38   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Thank you - The End

At the point I am writing this, there are close to 100,000 views of this thread. I think that most of these are from BHPians, but I also know for a fact that this thread is being viewed and followed by many guests, including the team at TATA motors.

I thank all of you for enjoying this simple adventure in our lives. Please remember to watch the video below, it might make sense to you or you might disagree with out thoughts - in either case, both Gautam and I would love to hear from you.

Sorry the story took so long to complete, I was travelling. Thanks for your patience and the floor is now open to discussion, bouquets, brickbats and whatever else you may have for us.

The video:

THE END
Old 13th November 2009, 17:50   #537
Senior - BHPian

Excellent story, videos, the protagonists and their muse!

Sam and NC, thanks for sharing this with us.

Hopefully, the Nano fulfills the dream that it was built upon. A car for the masses!

Last edited by safari_lover : 13th November 2009 at 18:00.
Old 13th November 2009, 18:05   #538
BHPian

Fantastic, enjoyed every bit of your experience. Hats off to Deky, that was really nice of him to have taken the extra effort to meet with you guys.

To the Yeti Lord and NC - Cheers my friends.
Old 13th November 2009, 18:12   #539
Senior - BHPian

Nano - One Car - Two Passionate (Crazy) guys - Great Drive from Mumbai to Delhi - A Live Tavelogue filled with Text, photographs, videos, live commentory - a retrospective / hindsight review of the trip - 500+ responses - ~ 100000 views - History is being made

some one bound to make a Bollywood movie out of this

Old 13th November 2009, 18:14   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post

some one bound to make a Bollywood movie out of this

Actually, those 15 movies you saw on YouTube were shot in HD.

If anyone would like to see them at home on DVD kindly email me and I will courier it out to you at no charge.

You can email me at my first name @team-bhp.com
Closed Thread