Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 22nd September 2010, 14:10   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Interestingly, the engine of this Tata Nano has seized, inexplicably.
At how many kms ? I hope routine services including oil-change/top-ups were done as per schedule.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:47   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Interestingly, the engine of this Tata Nano has seized, inexplicably.

Discussions are on with Tata motors regarding the next step. The Tata motors showroom A.S.S. has declared that they cannot help us under warranty as the car has been "modified" - even though the engine is untouched.
That is just plain dumb of Tata, i'm sure they can cook up something more convincing next time.

If the service schedule has been adhered to for servicing the vehicle they should behave and honour the engine warranty.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:59   #588
BHPian

Quote:
The Tata motors showroom A.S.S. has declared that they cannot help us under warranty as the car has been "modified" - even though the engine is untouched.
What is the response from "Tata Motors" ? I presume the above response is from the dealer.

I hope Tata Motors comes up with a mature response.

I am sure they are aware of the good publicity they have got from THIS very thread !! If they chose to ignore the 140,000+ views and 500+ responses this thread has received, they are getting themselves into trouble.
Old 24th September 2010, 17:58   #589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
What is the response from "Tata Motors" ? I presume the above response is from the dealer.

I hope Tata Motors comes up with a mature response.
I have received a call from the Assistant Product Manager of the Tata Nano Project. He has assured me that TATA will stand behind us with their support.

After conferring with his colleagues, he has informed me that we will receive a replacement engine from them. Well done, Tata.

However now comes my headache of taking the body mods and the sound system off, in order for them to complete their engine transplant.
Old 24th September 2010, 18:23   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
At how many kms ? I hope routine services including oil-change/top-ups were done as per schedule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
If the service schedule has been adhered to for servicing the vehicle they should behave and honour the engine warranty.
Quote:

Well, I have already driven it to Pune and back. Constant 90-100 all the way with the AC. Whatever damage had to be done is done

LMAO I did not think of this. The car will be serviced at a Tata centre in New Delhi, I guess.

In any case, after we're done pimping it - there'll be no warranty left.
Sam, Good that TATA has accepted to get you a replacement engine. How does body mods & sound system affect the engine replacement? or is it has to be shown as in stock?
Old 24th September 2010, 18:26   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Sam, Good that TATA has accepted to get you a replacement engine. How does body mods & sound system affect the engine replacement? or is it has to be shown as in stock?
The engine is in the back, under the sound system. You're forgetting that the Nano is rear-engined.

The bumpers have been moulded to the body and need to be undnone for access to the transplant.
Old 26th September 2010, 00:18   #592
BHPian

Quote:
I have received a call from the Assistant Product Manager of the Tata Nano Project. He has assured me that TATA will stand behind us with their support.

After conferring with his colleagues, he has informed me that we will receive a replacement engine from them. Well done, Tata.

However now comes my headache of taking the body mods and the sound system off, in order for them to complete their engine transplant.
Good to hear that Sam.
Old 7th October 2010, 00:10   #593
BHPian

What an amazing thread. Have spent a lot of my day reading through it. Any updates about the engine replacement?
Old 7th October 2010, 13:28   #594
BHPian

Quote:
  • I do not push my seat all the way back - roughly to about 80% of its capacity. I can therefore infer that a man of 6 feet, 5 inches can easily drive the Nano with no discomfort.
  • I had the opportunity to drive with 4 large people, all in the range of 6 feet. All were comfortable.
Thats a relief. I am planning to buy the Nano for my mom, But I am 6"1' and my Bro is 6"5', and dad is a bit below 6, so was a bit worried about getting a ride . Thanks.

Also, any updates on the engine replacement? How about a pic of the now-modded Nano? I am unable to access the videos from the office

Last edited by no_sweat : 7th October 2010 at 13:47.
Old 12th October 2010, 00:13   #595
BHPian

Sam,

Good to know that the Tatas are replacing the engine. But, I am still wondering how the engine could seize!

I am sure that you would have adhered to the regular service schedule. Also guess that the total mileage of the car is not more than 1Lakh.

It would be good if you could throw us some light on it.
Old 12th October 2010, 11:06   #596
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sam, Sam! you cant count each tweeter and woofer as a seperate speaker can you? A woofer+tweeter+XO = 1 speaker not 2 right?

Quote:
The engine is in the back,
If the engine is in the rear then the front boot should have been available for a killer woofer. Why not then a band-pass woofer in the front boot with just the ports entering the cabin from say under the dash?

Last edited by navin : 12th October 2010 at 11:08.
Old 12th October 2010, 11:15   #597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If the engine is in the rear then the front boot should have been available for a killer woofer. Why not then a band-pass woofer in the front boot with just the ports entering the cabin from say under the dash?
It's a thought no doubt. It'll break the monotony of that flow from AC vents. Depending on music and beat of course.
Old 27th April 2011, 02:21   #598
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: YetiBlog® - The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!

Fantastic writeup. Although a couple years old, I just got to reading it today. Love the Nano. And Long live the GJ Chief Minister for getting the Nano plant in Gujarat!
Any chance you'll be doing that 1 Cr Porsche review?
Old 29th June 2011, 21:44   #599
BHPian

Smile Re: YetiBlog® - The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!

Quote:
Interestingly, the engine of this Tata Nano has seized, inexplicably..............
I guess, you guys never bothered about the engine coolant with all those demons above the engine cover.

Some nano owners did report of coolant levels falling drastically. Check it out Here (TATA nano - List of ALL issues).

Quote:

After conferring with his colleagues, he has informed me that we will receive a replacement engine from them. Well done, Tata................
Thats nice of them.
Old 31st January 2012, 19:29   #600
BHPian

Default Re: YetiBlog® - The Yeti®, Normally_Crazy and The Tata Nano drive to Delhi!

Read the whole thread once again.
Sam and NC , you guys rock !
wonderful videos

BTW can you put a route link (google maps)?
Closed Thread