Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 1st October 2009, 10:53   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

During our journey I will maintain a live log here, using my Blackberry. I will keep you updated every few steps of the way.

Our intention is to leave at 0430, refuel and break at Vapi, a quick business breakfast with distributors in Navsari and then drive somehow to reach Udaipur in the night on Day One.

Our next goal is to then reach Delhi on day Two by 6.30pm. Thanks for your good wishes and advice. We will be trying to read this thread enroute.

If you have any urgent advice or message, you can email me <myfirstname@team-bhp.com> and I will be able to respond quickly.
This, surely, is going to be one amazing experience for both of you! I wish you all the best!

The Surat by-pass and the highway further upto Baroda has been completed, with all the flyover(s) construction concluding a couple of weeks back. I think, positively, it is going to be a smooth sail right till Delhi. Be sure of taking the ring-road just a couple of kms before the Baroda-Ahmedabad expressway ends, as it is very easy to miss the exit. And, specifically mention 'Ring Road' to the toll operator on the expressway. Keep a lot of change handy (Rs.10 notes and some coins) as the Ring Road has around 4 toll collection stops, one every 5-6 kms! Dont, please dont, commit the mistake of going through Ahmedabad city (and that's why, at the cost of sounding repetitive), DONT miss the Ring Road for Himmatnagar.

Wish you both a safe journey!
Old 1st October 2009, 11:22   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post

So Sam is the Nano JBL'ed ?

Cheers
Only enough to enjoy some nice music on the way to Delhi.
Old 1st October 2009, 11:26   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Our intention is to leave at 0430, refuel and break at Vapi, a quick business breakfast with distributors in Navsari and then drive somehow to reach Udaipur in the night on Day One.
Ah, so thats why I saw one of the evil twin Swifts at Navsari last Sunday. All the best, enjoy the journey.
Old 1st October 2009, 11:45   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Interior pics please. before the nano embarks it journey in pimping

can we know what's in the nano right now.

Btw where is the nano now. with N_C?? If yes time to head to the gas chamber?
Old 1st October 2009, 12:07   #125
BHPian

Just saw this thread and took time to read through all the pages carefully. Most of the advices have been given. Only piece of advice from my side: Carry lots of snacks(chips, etc.) and water, a long rope (in worst case scenario for towing) and empty cannister (as someone has already suggested).

I hope you will be carrying these but let me re-iterate: Knife, headlamp bulbs(in case they fuse), foot pump, torch, etc.

All the best for the journey and I know you guys can do it
Old 1st October 2009, 12:10   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The thrill of it all is that I have a extremely high-level official dinner engagement in New Delhi at 20.30 on Sunday. If I miss this, the trouble will be deep...- there'll be no warranty left.
Have you informed the people you are meeting that you are driving from Mumabi to Delhi in a Nano?

Quote:
Knowing the Yeti he probably got one of these hooked up to the cigaratte lighter and using his iphone for a source. Untitled Document

Last edited by navin : 1st October 2009 at 12:11.
Old 1st October 2009, 12:23   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam I hope you have kept in mind the heavy traffic that you guys will counter between Jaipur & Delhi.

Also keep Handy number of all Tata Service centers(Big ones as not all would be trained on a Nano) in cities that are on the route.
Old 1st October 2009, 13:04   #128
BHPian

Have a great ride guys. And it will be awesome fun if some of the 'phamous' TV channels get a whiff of this. Nice Yeti pics (not Sam) and woosh sounds in the background and its an exclusive breaking news.

But seriously, I do hope you have a Plan B in place to reach that important dinner on Sunday. Just in case.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:01   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

This is exactly why I love this forum! The craziest things on earth happens here and only here! Have a great drive Sam & NC. We need lots of pics of this travel plz.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:05   #130
Senior - BHPian

Good lucky guys!

Looking forward to the next update.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:09   #131
Senior - BHPian

This is what sounds and feels like the true GDC... Great going guys.. Best wishes and Safe arrival..
Old 1st October 2009, 15:41   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Ah, so thats why I saw one of the evil twin Swifts at Navsari last Sunday. All the best, enjoy the journey.
I know what one of the twins was doing in Navsari. What I don't know is what you were doing there.. lol
Old 1st October 2009, 15:48   #133
BHPian

One hell of a trip! Been a long long time since I heard anyone embark on a road adventure of this magnitude. All the best to you both! Will you be able to post updates along the way? Coz people will be hooked to this thread over the next few days.

Suggestion: Do make a list of Tata dealers who can service/repair the Nano on your planned route. Just in case you have any trouble, you can call them up ahead and order a repair/spares etc, so you do not lose much time.

(Another) Suggestion: Make a note of the major airports and flight schedules on the way, just in case the Nano gives up on you and you have to reach Delhi in time for your meeting.

As they say in the land of five rivers, "Chak de phattey!"
Old 1st October 2009, 15:50   #134
BHPian

good -- i know how to spend the long weekend -- f5 f5 all the way( did i hear my wife screaming in the background)
Old 1st October 2009, 15:51   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Have you informed the people you are meeting that you are driving from Mumabi to Delhi in a Nano?
No, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
But seriously, I do hope you have a Plan B in place to reach that important dinner on Sunday. Just in case.
No I don't, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
Will you be able to post updates along the way? Coz people will be hooked to this thread over the next few days.
Yes, we will be able to post text updates using a blackberry. However we will not be able to post photos till we reach New Delhi.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 1st October 2009 at 15:54.
Closed Thread