Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th December 2009, 10:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post

This is at Trasi. The sea on one side, the Sowparnarika close by on the other side. We noticed an interesting resort called Turtle Bay Beach Resort. Any info from anyone on this?
It WAS good till sometime back. But have heard not so good reviews recently.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 14:30   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Safari 2.2: Mumbai(NH4)-Kabini JLR-Belur-Halebid-Cochin-Wayanad-Mumbai(NH17)

Hi Daius

Superb travel diary. I came upon your thread as I plan to do similar trip later this year, maybe November. Though as you know time flies by I am trying to do all research from now.

My route is Mumbai - Mysore- Orange county(Kabini) then probably back via Manglore Goa and Mumbai

I have a Safari GX which is about 6 months old 7k running

I am going with my wife and she does not drive

I would be very specific in asking few questions

1>I am planning to stay 2n 3days at cabin maybe a day at Laxmi Vilas at Mysore so taking into account this how many days should i take for my trip from mumbai to mumbai

2>I am hobbyist photographer and have done many tours in north. This would be my first venture south so any other areas you feel I must add to my trip

3>The basics you carried with you for the car and any maintenance occurred for safari

Anything else you can shove in. Your travel diary has inspired me to take the drive route. Earlier was planning for train to Mysore and back but that safari pics of yours just made me decide elsewise

Regards
lodhra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 14:41   #63
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Safari 2.2: Mumbai(NH4)-Kabini JLR-Belur-Halebid-Cochin-Wayanad-Mumbai(NH17)

I was always a fan of the location but the food always let me down, heard they have renovated the place sometime back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
It WAS good till sometime back. But have heard not so good reviews recently.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote