Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 16:26   #76
MX6
Senior - BHPian
 
MX6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City of seven islands.
Posts: 2,882
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

You have done a good work with the HDRs. The trick with HDR is that either you get a great result or the pic looks damn artificial. Your case, it's the former.
I've been resisting trying HDRs because the earlier results I've seen on some posts on t-bhp had a very artificial look on photos. Especially some beach photos of coastal karnataka.
Now I'm damn tempted to try this out one of the weekends. Great job theMAG.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 16:29   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
That's not surprising - what's surprising is neither me or my travel buddies have even heard about this place. We all hang our heads in shame.
I must confess that this travelogue is the one which introduced me to Vagamon. I'd never heard of it before. Hopefully, I'll check it out sometime.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 16:29   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,891
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Hi Riju, Mahesh

great travelogue, images are fantastic. i never knew there is such a place.

when i see your photgraphs then i realize that the proverb "a picture is worth thousand words" is indeed true.

currently i am a point and shoot photographer, but your photographs have inspired me to try to become a serious amature photographer.

5 stars from me.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 16:40   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
You have done a good work with the HDRs. The trick with HDR is that either you get a great result or the pic looks damn artificial. Your case, it's the former.
I've been resisting trying HDRs because the earlier results I've seen on some posts on t-bhp had a very artificial look on photos. Especially some beach photos of coastal karnataka.
Now I'm damn tempted to try this out one of the weekends. Great job theMAG.
mx6 definitely worth a try. Once again trust me its next to impossible to satisfy everyone's eye. What looks good to your eyes will be an eye sore to the rest.

Regarding the beach pics, are you referring to my older travelogue here ? I don't remember having done any HDR's as such.


Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Riju, Mahesh

great travelogue, images are fantastic. i never knew there is such a place.

when i see your photgraphs then i realize that the proverb "a picture is worth thousand words" is indeed true.

currently i am a point and shoot photographer, but your photographs have inspired me to try to become a serious amature photographer.

5 stars from me.
Thanks pal. Even we aint pro's here, just capture what looks good to our naked eye. Apparently my camera was out of action coz of the fungus on the sensor. Mostly it was Maggie's camera which did the work.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 16:45   #80
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,033
Thanked: 1,470 Times
Default

Thanks gents. If you are going towards Vagamon, dont forget to pop out the cameras from Dindigul-Theni all the way, both sides of the road.

Star - go for it. From personal experience, nothing comes close to that ultimate peace-of-mind as good photography.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 17:06   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,891
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Star - go for it. From personal experience, nothing comes close to that ultimate peace-of-mind as good photography.
I have realized it, after speaking with couple of people on the fourm and several off it. I have decided to take a plunge. Currently in a due delegence mode prior to making the investment needed .

I wanted to suggest that the forum should start a section called Photography as a sub forum (similar to ICE or Computer etc). Guru's can share some tips with newbies like me.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vagamon heights - A surprise package sps Travelogues 47 18th April 2013 09:43
2011 i10 Asta A/T - its Korean, its new, its fast, its red, and its coming. nirupesh Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1 8th January 2011 10:45
Scaling diesel engines to bring down costs: Case for an I5 acidkill Technical Stuff 17 5th August 2010 21:52
A SwifTrip travelogue : Started with Wayanad, but ended up at Vagamon. supremeBaleno Travelogues 14 6th June 2010 00:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:06.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks