Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 28th May 2010, 17:46   #121
BHPian

Default Really good travelouge..

This one is a bookmark on my browser.Fantastic write up loaded with information & details.I had a long cherished dream of going to A&N & it looks like things are falling in place this year & finally i may get a chance to travel there..I was thinking of a 7 day trip but after reading this i guess i will start saving some time off's so that i can stretch the plan to a 10 day trip or more.Before i had thought of this plan of driving to chennai or some were & leaving the car there at some friends house going to andaman ,coming back & then doing a round trip back to bangalore through kanya kumari.but then i thought it would be too much & may be not possible but after reading your travelouge i am convinced that this is the way i want to do my andaman trip.and yeah major point which was going against this kind of a trip for me was the lack of reliable information,but now i am glad that there is a travelouge here & above all there is some one who has really doen this..Thanks one again for your write up.Hope that i can PM you some time to get some more finer details regarding this trip.
shreehari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 16:03   #122
BHPian

Smile Thanks!

@prince_pervez;
@xingamazon;
@shreehari;

Hey Guys, thank you for comments. :-)

Quote:
... I was thinking of a 7 day trip but after reading this i guess i will start saving some time off's so that i can stretch the plan to a 10 day trip or more.Before i had thought of this plan of driving to chennai or some were & leaving the car there at some friends house going to andaman ,coming back & then doing a round trip back to bangalore through kanya kumari...
Yes, it is a perfectly 'do'able plan. Road conditions across Tamilnadu are generally quite good. Assume that your average speed will be around 50kmph between towns / cities and plan your route accordingly. If you have around 14 days at a stretch, you can plan and drive back to Bangalore via Kerala...

Quote:
Hope that i can PM you some time to get some more finer details regarding this trip.
Sure. Please feel free to PM me for any details.
hotstuff is offline   Reply With Quote