Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 2nd December 2009, 16:55   #406
BHPian

CL, Dont feel let down by the negative ratings. You have a group of followers who will be disappointed if you stop posting. We are there for you buddy, please do post more pictures from your collection. I am really amazed by the kind of photo collection you have got. I am sure that your camera has really worked double time to capture these amazing moments. When are you startuing the Pune - Kerala travelouge?

Last edited by ElantraGT : 2nd December 2009 at 16:57.
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:03   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey CL, sharing doubles the fun, and I hope we do that not for the ratings but for the sheer joy of it.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:11   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Hey CL, sharing doubles the fun, and I hope we do that not for the ratings but for the sheer joy of it.
+ 10 to this

blogging or participation in online forums is for the personal gratification and as a part of creative expression.

you should never get bothered by ratings.

more over there is a saying " there is nothing called negative publicity, every publicity is good publicity "
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:17   #409
Senior - BHPian

Dear team, thanks for the comments. Let me make myself clear. I am least bothered about ratings. I felt that readers were getting bored and voted negatively, as a sign for me to stop, when I started posting pics from my collection. Well, now I know that I still have a good number of travel enthusiasts supporting me!!

Believe me, I am writing all these travelogues just for the joy of sharing and not to receive any awards or for any monetary gains. If that was the case, I would have written in a magazine!

It was not really too exciting to upload 1100 pics from my mobile's gprs connection. Believe me, I have spent more than 9 hours a day writing and fine tuning my pics.

Does anyone still think I care about publicity? I am doing all this for the readers!

I have already started my Kerala travelogue. But it got a bit stuck. I will revive it shortly.

I will continue posting some more selected pics, as soon as I return from my wifey's birthday bash!

One more fact, I am so interested in my thread that I keep checking it, from my mobile, as I am doing now!
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:22   #410
BHPian

Great fabulous Pictures There. You really do have an eye for detail. Those Rain Snaps are great. What your snap makes me is get into the car right away and start driving .

About the negative rating, ignore it mate. Only some one who has nothing worthwhile to do would do such silly things. I am eagerly waiting for the next set of photos.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 00:59   #411
Senior - BHPian

See what happens when you overspeed on expressway!!! You have to be an expert driver, or else RIP! This happened just 5 minutes back and the indicators were still blinking! We had a plane to catch and couldn't stop. A Police vehicle had arrived at the scene!
Name:  See what happens when you overspeed on expressway. You have to be an expert driver or else RIP.jpg
Views: 2656
Size:  76.7 KB

Strawberries for sale
Name:  Strawberries for sale.jpg
Views: 7610
Size:  82.8 KB

Strawberries in Mahabaleshwar
Name:  Strawberries in Mahabaleshwar.jpg
Views: 7883
Size:  82.4 KB

Strawberry farm near Wai, near Mahabaleshwar
Name:  Strawberry farm near Wai.jpg
Views: 2707
Size:  80.3 KB

The Beautiful church in Mahabaleshwar
Name:  The Beautiful church in Mahabaleshwar.jpg
Views: 3247
Size:  97.3 KB

The beautiful NH 17
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-beautiful-nh-17.jpg

The first drops of rain!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-first-drops-rain.jpg

The Mazda and BMW at Malshej!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-mazda-bmw-malshej.jpg

The roads were simply world class. Captured near Diveagar..
Name:  The roads were simply world class. Captured near Diveagar..jpg
Views: 2165
Size:  86.5 KB

Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Name:  Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg
Views: 2069
Size:  73.7 KB

View of the lake from the farm house near Panvel
Name:  View of the lake from the farm house near Panvel.jpg
Views: 2965
Size:  95.0 KB

Village road in Wai
Name:  Village road in Wai.jpg
Views: 2354
Size:  78.7 KB

Vizhinjam Harbour in Trivandrum
Name:  Vizhinjam Harbour in Trivandrum.jpg
Views: 3416
Size:  116.7 KB

Water water everywhere, but not a drop to drink! A scene captured near Pavana Dam, Pune
Name:  Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink.jpg
Views: 2682
Size:  81.5 KB

Way to Tamhini Ghat, near Pune
Name:  Way to Tamhini Ghat near Pune.jpg
Views: 4539
Size:  84.1 KB

Which way is the lorry going?? Which lorry is pulling which? Oh! I understand! A Push-Pull Lorry!
Name:  Which way is the lorry going..A PushPull Lorry.jpg
Views: 1969
Size:  90.5 KB
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:31   #412
Senior - BHPian

Nice snaps CL. I think the Scorpio guy had to learn the limits of his vehicle the hard way. Ripping an SUV on a wet road = asking for trouble.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:38   #413
BHPian

Holy cow. Its sadenning to see a majestic vehicle like scorpio toppled on the median. Wet roads + moron driver = a good recipie for accident. These guys will never understand the limits of their car and they end up totalling it.

CL, The photos of the strawberry was really amazing and the Tide crashing in the Vizhinjam Harbour is just breathtaking. The lorry being pulled by another one was scary and I see that both the lorries are not using the hazaed light to warn the motorist.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:00   #414
BHPian

Hey CL, Amazing photos, the star has returned!
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:36   #415
Senior - BHPian

@Majic, thanks friend. I was always here. How can I ever go away?

@Elantra, I did not want to mention this, but now I think I should. We had seen that white Scorpio near the first toll booth of the Mumbai - Pune expressway. The vehicle was brand new and the plastic covers on the seats were still intact. There were 3 youngsters in the car. That vehicle overtook us at probably 140 km/hr, as I was also at a similar speed.

We saw the car disappear. My first thought was, what a fool! Who would drive a brand new vehicle at 140+?

It started raining by the time we crossed the second toll booth. We slowed down. Probably, the scorpio driver was too carried away by his vehicle's power and neglected following the basic rules of driving on wet concrete roads. I can tell you, concrete feels like glass, when wet. So very slippery!!

When we reached the accident spot, there was no one inside the vehicle, but the car's hazard lights were blinking. The road was perfectly straight, with no curves. I still cannot understand why there was such a horrific crash!

We saw a highway patrol vehicle passing by, shortly after the incident. So I was sure that the passengers were safe.
Old 3rd December 2009, 23:48   #416
Senior - BHPian

A Beautiful rainbow! Captured in Pune!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-beautiful-rainbow-captured-pune.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-b-beautiful-rainbow-captured-pune.jpg

Hurricane at Alibaug!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-c-hurricane-alibaug.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-d-very-rough-sea.jpg

Gagan Bawda Ghat near Kolhapur!
Name:  e Gagan Bawda Ghat near Kolhapur.jpg
Views: 7831
Size:  121.8 KB
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-f-gagan-bawda-kolhapur.jpg

Vizhinjam Harbour! It is a small fishing village too!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-vizhinjam-harbour.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-h-vizhinjam.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-i-vizhinjam.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-vizhinjam-boat-harbour.-lots-fishing-boats.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-k-vizhinjam.jpg

The gorgeous Varkala Beach!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-l-varkala-beach.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-l-varkala.jpg

Cochin Harbour! Merchant Vessel
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-m-cochin-harbour_merchant-vessel.jpg

Coast Guard ships! Cochin is their base!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-n-coast-guard_cochin.jpg

Mussel fishermen in Kerala! Taken near Cochin!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-o-kerala.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-p-kerala-.jpg

The natural beauty of Karwar!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-q-karwar.jpg

NH 17 near Goa! Gorgeous!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-r-nh-17-near-goa.jpg

A mystery vehicle on test drive. Captured near the expressway. Later named as the XYLO!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-s-mystery-vehicle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-t-mystery-vehicle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-u-mystery-vehicle-.jpg

Pune Mumbai expressway! Beautiful clouds!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-v-punemumbai-expressway.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-w-expressway.jpg

Amazing view of the sky captured in Pune!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-x-amazing-sky_captured-pune.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-y-amazing-moon_sky.jpg

Murder of English language! Captured in Mahabaleshwar
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-z-murder-english-language-mahabaleshwar.jpg
Old 4th December 2009, 09:35   #417
BHPian

Spectacular photos, loving it, the strawberries are very tempting. Keep them coming!
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 10:41   #418
Senior - BHPian

The last picture is hilarious! Wonder who did that board.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 11:54   #419
BHPian

Super Pictures as always. The rainbow pictures are awesome. The one with the trucks is just hilarious LOL! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures.
Aquarian20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 12:42   #420
BHPian

CL you have the Midas touch with your camera. I am in love with the photos of "Gagan Bawda Ghat" and "Karwar". Keep them coming buddy.