Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 4th December 2009, 14:42   #421
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends, thanks a lot for the comments.

One update: Do you guys remember my tyre getting a sidewall puncture at Kodai? I have received a brand new replacement tyre under Goodyear Assurance guarantee. I am thrilled!
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 14:53   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
One update: Do you guys remember my tyre getting a sidewall puncture at Kodai? I have received a brand new replacement tyre under Goodyear Assurance guarantee. I am thrilled!
That's great. Nice move on the part of the tyre manufacturer. Though tyre wallahs offer word of mouth warranty, it's very rare that you actually get a replacement for a defective product. More often that not, they just try to pass the buck. Happy to hear that you got the replacement !
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 18:24   #423
BHPian

Default Good... Goodyear!

Quote:
... One update: Do you guys remember my tyre getting a sidewall puncture at Kodai? I have received a brand new replacement tyre under Goodyear Assurance guarantee. I am thrilled!
That's nice to hear. I should probably look at switching to Goodyear since 2 tyres are due for replacement anyway. I have had quite a few Potenza GIIIs develop sidewall bulges. I tried to see if the company would replace... no luck, they always say road-damage and return the damaged tyre back.

If it is a older tyre, it is still ok.. but bulges on almost new tyres within a couple of 1000 kms hurts
hotstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 19:43   #424
BHPian

Hi Chevy just getting over the hangover as you have finished your trip from Vellankani to Ooty.Good write up great photos.Happy to hear that you have got your tyre replaced.Aisa bhi hota hai kya??
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 19:44   #425
Senior - BHPian

Hi Hotstuff, Goodyear has come out with their new range of tyres called Assurance. It has a three year warranty against any defects and sidewall damages. I got a brand new tyre without any hassles. You should definitely try it. These tyres are much better in my opinion.

They also send a warranty card, when a customer registers his new tyre by calling their toll free number.

I am one happy customer. Two GT3 tyres have given me 70k kilometres!
Old 5th December 2009, 01:35   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The last picture is hilarious! Wonder who did that board.
If that pic was hilarious, what would you call this board???

Captured this near Kannur, in Kerala.
Attached Thumbnails
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-w-what-does-sign-say.jpg  

Old 5th December 2009, 09:43   #427
BHPian

Now, that is funny, i think someone had literally translated the malayalam version!
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 10:09   #428
Senior - BHPian

I wonder who taught that guy Hindi. these guys just vow you with their language skills !
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 14:42   #429
BHPian

Its funny how people translate the sentence from their mother tongue to other language.
Aquarian20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 15:25   #430
BHPian

Dear CL, we are waiting for todays post. Its been 2 days since you posed. This is a soft reminder to post more and more pictures from you collection .
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 18:45   #431
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy The first accident of 2009 in Pune!

The first accident of 2009 in Pune! We were returning home after the midnight service in our Church, when We saw this smashed up Fabia! The driver was totally drunk! He even had a beer bottle in his hand!!! He was too drunk to even stand up and promptly went to sleep on the wall! Amazing sight!

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-accident-1-jan.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-first-accident-2009.jpg

This accident was totally covered up and was not even reported in the next day's news papers! We were the first to arrive at the scene. We waited till the Policemen arrived after an hour! The sleeping beauty had not woken up even then!

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-see-driver-sleeping-beer-bottle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-b-totally-drunk.jpg

We spotted some heavy new tanks being brought to Pune! Amazing!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-c-heavy-tanks-being-transported-pune.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-d-heavy-tanks.jpg

Amby Valley, Lonavala! Totally covered in fog! We saw a lot of vehicles stranded on the road, because of the thick fog!

Name:  e Way to Amby Valley Lonavala.jpg
Views: 6511
Size:  74.9 KB
Name:  f The whole area totally covered by fog..jpg
Views: 2572
Size:  51.3 KB
Name:  g A foggy evening near Amby Valley.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  67.3 KB
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-h-visibility-less-than-5-metres-scene-captured-near-amby-valley.jpg

A herd of sheep being taken for grazing! Scene near Nasik
Name:  i A herd of sheep A typical village scene captured near Nasik.JPG
Views: 1644
Size:  207.0 KB

Sunset at Baga beach, Goa.
Name:  i Sunset at Baga beach Goa.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  131.9 KB
Old 7th December 2009, 19:03   #432
BHPian

Wow!! Driving through that Fog would have been a great experience. I am sure with your Hellas, the fog was just another part of driving.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 19:40   #433
BHPian

CL you never stop from amazing me with these wonderful pictures. The first snap of Amby vally was so good. If you dont mind, can you please send me the original photo through email, so that I can have it as my background picture (hope you are not looking for any copyright agreement).
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 21:09   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
CL you never stop from amazing me with these wonderful pictures. The first snap of Amby vally was so good. If you dont mind, can you please send me the original photo through email, so that I can have it as my background picture (hope you are not looking for any copyright agreement).
Hi Elantra, please do not embarrass me, my friend! I will surely send you the photo as soon as I start my laptop. I am honoured that you find my pic good enough for your PC's background. Thanks for the appreciation.

@Raj, that particular day, the fog was really impenetrable. My Hellas were of little use. You can see my Hella's beams in one of the pics. They were scattering all over the place. We slowed down to 15 km/hr to be on the safer side.

We were also truly amazed to observe some morons driving without switching on the headlights or the hazard lights!
Old 8th December 2009, 09:14   #435
BHPian

Wonderful pictures CL , please bring out more from the collections. I think its time you came up with a travelogue book.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote