Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 7th June 2010, 16:17   #721
Senior - BHPian

Once upon a time a person called Ramanand Sagar created a tele serial called Ramayan, then he created another one called Uttara Ramayan in which he repeated some key stories of Ramayan through the acts of Luv and Kush etc.

This Incredible Series and the Author is like Ramanand Sagar and his Ramayan. seems to be never ending..just when we thought it is over, some more photographs and narration would follow.

the destinations even though visited again year after year still retain the charm.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 20:03   #722
BHPian

Yet again, a wonderful travelogue. . So next time, you are in the neighbourhood, let me know. Would like to meet the Dynamic Duo . 120kph is the safest fast speed we can do in my opinion.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 21:54   #723
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Star. There are some more pics to be posted. This part of the incredible series will be complete only then!

Thank you, Raj. We will meet you the next time we come down south.

The safest speed one can maintain depends on the vehicle, condition of the tyres, brakes and the highway. I have travelled at 190+ kmph in a Volvo car in Malaysia. But in India and in a highway like NH4, 120 kmph is safe. I agree with you 100%!
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 17:07   #724
BHPian

Well done CL.. All that goes well, ends well.
rabnawaz_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 21:37   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
Well done CL.. All that goes well, ends well.
Thank you, Rabnawaz. This was one trip where everything went well. There were absolutely no glitches. And the drive was simply awesome! Most of the time, our average speed was 80 kmph. We were so happy that our trip this time was such a pleasure, after all that we endured last year!
Old 9th June 2010, 19:16   #726
Senior - BHPian

Talking A Brilliant spectacle....

After we returned from our trip to the 'Queen of Hill Stations' down south, we were still hungry for some more adventure! We have an insatiable hunger to go on tour, even if they are short ones.

We decided to visit our favourite hill station in Maharashtra, Panchgani. We had visited that quaint little hill station and its neighbour, Mahabaleshwar countless times. Still, the thought of going to those two hill stations, got us very excited!!!

So, off we went on a weekend to Panchgani. Since there are so many travelogues giving detailed route descriptions and info on hotels, I am not going anywhere near those aspects!

We were able to witness some awesome scenes when we were there! I will let my pics do the talking!!!

Strawberry Farm.

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-1-strawberry_farm.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-2-farm.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-3-strawberry_cultivation.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-4-farm.jpg

Some of the most beautiful flowers we ever saw!!!

See the fly on the flower??
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-5-my_masterpiece-what_a_beauty.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-6-beautiful.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-7-what_a_beauty.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-8-a_beauty.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-9-miniature_fruits.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-10-pond_in_panchgani.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-11-beautiful_flower.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-12-a_beautiful_rose.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-13-roses.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-14-what_a_beauty.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-15-my_wife_is_so_enfrossed_in_photography.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-16-beautiful_rose.jpg

We returned back to Pune after spending a very relaxing day in Panchgani. When we started our journey back, we had no idea about what we would witness on the NH4!

What we saw was a once in a lifetime spectacle! We had never seen such a brilliant sunset! The mountain of clouds we saw in the horizon was breathtaking!!!

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-1-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-2-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-3-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-4-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-5-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-6-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-7-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-8-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-9-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-10-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-11-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-12-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-13-a_brilliant_spectacle.jpg

And with these pics, my travelogue (part 2) comes to an end! Thank you!
Old 9th June 2010, 19:24   #727
BHPian

Those pictures of the flowers are superb CL. Thats a wonderful trip and thanks a ton to you for patiently answering our questions. When is your next vacation? Till you start a new thread WE (vivid followers of your travelougues) will be really bored in office.
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 09:05   #728
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely brilliant and sure Once a Lifetime SPECTACLE in the sky. Amazing display of sunset photos. So, that's what you meant a few pages before and I was looking forward to! Fantastic culmination to a scintillating travelogue.
Save this thread as an album somewhere, as you are going to cherish these memories for years to come. God Bless.!
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 11:43   #729
Senior - BHPian

@Elantra, thank you for reading my log and appreciating my pics. Those flowers were awesome! We hope to continue our incredible tour of India soon.

@Raja Ji, thank you very much for your good wishes and prayers. We will cherish these memories for ever. I am so glad that we got a chance to witness a magnificent sunset and that we were able to share it with the world! Thank you once again for following my log!
Old 9th August 2010, 17:50   #730
Senior - BHPian

Hi C_L

motivated by your blockbuster travelogues to velankanni,
we also did a trip there,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...elankanni.html (Civic & City : Celebrating the Friendship Day Mahabalipuram - Tranquebar - Velankanni)

many thanks to you.
Old 13th August 2010, 14:29   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi C_L

motivated by your blockbuster travelogues to velankanni,
we also did a trip there,
many thanks to you.
If I was able to motivate you, with my travelogue, my mission is accomplished!! But I will be truly happy, when you decide to visit Ooty and Kodai also, with your family. I would love to see the pics of the 'Queen' from your slr.

I read yours and Lalu's log on Tranquebar. It was great! I liked the snaps a lot! Keep up the good work.
Old 13th August 2010, 19:09   #732
Senior - BHPian

Hi C_L

During end Dec 2009, we did a 10 day trip covering Belur, Halebidu, Coorg, Ooty, Kotagiri, Coonoor, Mysore, Srirangapattana.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-vacation.html (Story of a Vacation (:-)))

Visiting queen again will require me to buy an expensive gift for the Queen. more over queen would be bored to host me again so early.

i would prefer to vist the cousins of the queen viz. Kodai, Munnar, Valparai etc I would plan them over next several quarters.
Old 10th March 2011, 10:02   #733
DKW
BHPian

Default Re: An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty

Hello Chevy_Lover,
I have reached the last page of this thread.

I have spent close to a whole day reading your travelogue (at office) and I'm now waiting for your next trip. Excellent pictures coupled with an equally excellent narration.
I love the way you bring out your faith in these logs. Visits to shrines, churches makes me believe you are a big fan of Jesus and Mary. All this together makes the reading for an equally avid believer (like me) more interesting.

May your tribe increase and God Bless you and your partner in all future endeavours and travels.

Cheers.
DKW is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2011, 13:49   #734
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty

Thanks a lot for the compliments, DKW. I am really happy that you liked my log. I hope you'll find my other travelogues interesting!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...rient-goa.html (An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...g-gangtok.html (An incredible journey of a lifetime to Bhutan, Kalimpong, Darjeeling and Gangtok!)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ity-world.html (An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...elankanni.html (Road trip from Trivandrum to Velankanni)

I believe that faith in God is most important! Thanks once again for the good wishes!