Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 6th November 2009, 22:24   #106
BHPian

Angry Sonny, you heard that!

Noted, sir. Sonny needs to wait oooooonly another 3 years.
Now, I am just trying to imagine his reaction when I don't let him the next time

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th November 2009 at 00:16. Reason: Note Inline
Roameo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 00:15   #107
Senior - BHPian

Excellent travelogue Roameo! I just read the whole thing 'cover to cover' and enjoyed every moment of it. Can't wait for more writing from your side.

Our country is truly amazing, thanks for sharing a part of it!
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 08:48   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roameo View Post
Noted, sir. Sonny needs to wait oooooonly another 3 years.
Now, I am just trying to imagine his reaction when I don't let him the next time

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
Note noted, Sir. Will also go through and abide by the rules.
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:06   #109
MCR
BHPian

Hello Mr.Roameo,

Where have you been? Expecting a nice travelogue from you after this long weekend.
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 11:24   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Where have you been? Expecting a nice travelogue from you after this long weekend.
Only a two day trip to Mangalore by night bus this weekend : -( . Totally tied down with projects in office till end Jan. Hope to take a long break in Feb.
Old 24th December 2009, 16:19   #111
BHPian

Default excellent!!!

Hi Roameo,

Came across this sometime back today. Excellent log, i just read the whole thing now.

--sri
srikanthpotluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 01:12   #112
BHPian

Hi Roameo,

I read your entire thread in one sitting as memories came back like the waves in the sea, one after another.

I had been to Shimoga-Tirthahalli-Agumbe-Kuppali early this year; stayed at the Mr Kanina's resort by the river Bhadra. What an awesome place in every aspect. I visited Poet Kuvempu's house; been to his favourite place for meditation behind his house. And I felt exactly the same like you...the silence, loneliness of that place mesmerized me and I also wanted to build a small house for retirement there and got a customary giggle from my wife on my umpteenth plan of building a house in every place I travel to.

I had been to Shimoga-Jog Falls-Murudeshwara-Mangalore-Shiradi Ghats-Sakleshpur some five years back on a whirlwind tour, but surely I wanted to make another small house for retirement atop the place where the river Sharavati jumps to create the Jog falls.

I had been to Chikmagalur-Kalasa-Kudremukh-Sringeri-Horanadu about two years back. Kalasa even seemed to me like the Malgudi too; what a coincidence. I happened to stop at exactly the same places where you stopped enroute from Sringeri to Kalasa: the same hanging bridge over the river, one more dilapidated bridge a little away, the same untarred road that led to a breathtaking view point of the Kudremukh range, the river Tunga cascading down in form a stream.

It's deja vu in a sense, I went back to those places again through your live travelogue. Your state is way beautiful man, I made it my second home. Thanks a lot for such a nice travelogue.

Cheers
Pratim
pratim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 08:46   #113
BHPian

Nice Travelouge & beautiful pictures of the Greenest part of Karanataka.
Thanks for showing the pictures of Maha Kavi Kuvempus house, after seeing the photos I have made my mind to visit it in near future.
Thanks
sree70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 13:22   #114
BHPian

@sri - Happy to note you liked my travelogue.

@Pratim - Looks like we think alike and you relate to my experience. That's the beauty of this forum.

@sree70 - Yes, Kuppali is a must if you are passing by Teerthahalli or Agumbe. You will also enjoy the beautiful drive from Teerthahalli to the poet's house.