Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 27th December 2011, 17:08   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Leh, Gama to Lama

Yamraj i would be really really late in replying to your thread ..but this is a kickass man ...i actually spent most of my day today in office reading your travelogue and even the comments along.you know how difficult it is to cover 180 posts man i just did a Mum - coorg drive and when i see this , my travel is nothing ...really awesome narration , pics everything . I just thought of getting some idea on how to write a travelogue and here I am spending entire day just reading one..awesomest..wont get to see such adjectives..i would have a hangover by this now and would need to shake it off before i write my own short travelogue..parallely my mind already started planning for one such trip and also the company which I should have for the road trip (which matters)..sometimes we really tend to give it up at end. Cant stop appreciating your feat and importantly the travelogue dude..really. was planning to post the same in Fb so that some of my friends may get inspired and come along for such a trip. Salute your mom (rare to find) who has been your companion initially in the road trip Kudos to you!
Alfa Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 20:06   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
I'm planning LEH - Chennai trip with my friends in june. Will be doing it with three or four guys in my i20. The problem is, none of us speak Hindi. Will it be very difficult or can we manage with English itself?
It would be a little difficult but I guess you should be able to manage. Don't let the language barrier prevent you from doing this awesome journey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
Yamraj i would be really really late in replying to your thread ..but this is a kickass man ...i actually spent most of my day today in office reading your travelogue and even the comments along.you know how difficult it is to cover 180 posts man i just did a Mum - coorg drive and when i see this , my travel is nothing ...really awesome narration , pics everything . I just thought of getting some idea on how to write a travelogue and here I am spending entire day just reading one..awesomest..wont get to see such adjectives..i would have a hangover by this now and would need to shake it off before i write my own short travelogue..parallely my mind already started planning for one such trip and also the company which I should have for the road trip (which matters)..sometimes we really tend to give it up at end. Cant stop appreciating your feat and importantly the travelogue dude..really. was planning to post the same in Fb so that some of my friends may get inspired and come along for such a trip. Salute your mom (rare to find) who has been your companion initially in the road trip Kudos to you!
Glad you liked it. Thanx for the compliments

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th December 2011 at 07:46.
yamraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 19:47   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamraj View Post
It would be a little difficult but I guess you should be able to manage. Don't let the language barrier prevent you from doing this awesome journey!
I think i better find a friend who speaks Hindi to accompany us. But even if i don't, i have decided to go ahead with my long awaited dream.
Harshavarthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 16:33   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
I think i better find a friend who speaks Hindi to accompany us. But even if i don't, i have decided to go ahead with my long awaited dream.
Go for it!! And wish you all the best
yamraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 17:48   #185
BHPian

My bad that I missed this thread. Loved every bit of the travelogue - pics, palio and your witty narration. Kudos to you.
aviorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 14:39   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
My bad that I missed this thread. Loved every bit of the travelogue - pics, palio and your witty narration. Kudos to you.
Thanx a ton for your compliments
Old 21st January 2012, 18:31   #187
BHPian

Quote:
[center][b]*** Cross posted from my travelogue on bcmtouring.com***
This is an account of the trip to Leh that we recently went on...A trip that was one of a lifetime.
I saw the pic of the Palio, and said, what the heck, it looks familiar! I think I see this same car from my bedroom window every morning?

Then I saw the pic of the people and said, double "what the hecks", they look familiar too!

Kanishk, great T/L, of course, I had already read it on your blog. You didn't tell me you had posted this on TBHp too!

Cheers
Damu
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 17:10   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
I saw the pic of the Palio, and said, what the heck, it looks familiar! I think I see this same car from my bedroom window every morning?

Then I saw the pic of the people and said, double "what the hecks", they look familiar too!

Kanishk, great T/L, of course, I had already read it on your blog. You didn't tell me you had posted this on TBHp too!

Cheers
Damu
heh heh he

Thanx for the compliments Damu. I didn't realize that you could see my car from your bedroom window! I guess you should be able to see Rashi's car from there as well. It's a black Liva parked along the compound wall. Wish I could check up on both the cars from my home.
Old 30th January 2012, 18:20   #189
BHPian

Quote:
heh heh he

I guess you should be able to see Rashi's car from there as well. It's a black Liva parked along the compound wall. Wish I could check up on both the cars from my home.
You got a black Liva for Rashi. Hmm!! too bad, you never told me. Is it the petrol or the diesel?

Cheers
pareshraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 04:00   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
You got a black Liva for Rashi. Hmm!! too bad, you never told me. Is it the petrol or the diesel?

Cheers
Diesel doesn't make sense for our shorter distances.
Old 16th March 2012, 08:25   #191
BHPian

Quote:
...I guess you should be able to see Rashi's car from there as well. It's a black Liva parked along the compound wall. Wish I could check up on both the cars from my home.
By jove, what a coincidence! Yes I noticed the black Liva the day it arrived, because it was the same day I brought my new Scorpio home! Probably both were registered the same day.

And I can see both cars from my window
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 17:30   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
By jove, what a coincidence! Yes I noticed the black Liva the day it arrived, because it was the same day I brought my new Scorpio home! Probably both were registered the same day.

And I can see both cars from my window
White scorpio by any chance? Congrats