Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th August 2010, 11:33   #586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Attachment 408546
Really a marvelous piece of architecture - which has withstood the ravages of time. I stress the word 'ravages', which you'll understand as I proceed...
I see different architecture of the temple.
The architecture of this temple is not Normal.
Have a look at those Minar and conclude yourself.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 12:00   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I see different architecture of the temple.
The architecture of this temple is not Normal.
Have a look at those Minar and conclude yourself.
Bingo!

Strong winds headed from Magarpatta towards Baramati.......

Since you jumped the gun, AP, can you please explain this? We saw this inside the temple....

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-img_1900.jpg

And, MX6, if you are reading this, please throw in your guidance too. Anybody else has any info??
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 12:02   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Aha,
at last, someone visited to Ganeshgule beach.
I was there in dec 2006. this is best beach next to Kondura beach[ i will not mention the location].
Ganeshgule is not known much to tourist and let it be remain same. Its secret beach reserved for very few people like you and me. For family, ladies, it is the beach where they can have beach bath freely without any worry.
Quote:
And speaking of new places, the pictures of the beach are fantastic. I don't have a clue about its location....
Yes Ashish and VRPrabhu, its Ganeshgule - on the way from Ratnagiri to Rajapur via / after Pawas. As mentioned, its a secluded beach not ventured by many. We were there in Oct 2009 on the way from Ganapatipule to Goa and loved it !
roamingrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 12:27   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since you jumped the gun, AP, can you please explain this?
No more on this from me, you know, i am secular.

I have seen many such temples with different architecture in konkan and w maharashtra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrao View Post
its Ganeshgule - on the way from Ratnagiri to Rajapur via / after Pawas. We were there in Oct 2009 on the way from Ganapatipule to Goa and loved it !
It was oct, so the beach was full of bushes and all that.
It is best during dec, jan.
Ganeshgule, bhandarpule, hedvi etc are family beach without any crowd and commercialization.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 18th August 2010 at 12:35.
Old 18th August 2010, 12:41   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrao View Post
its Ganeshgule - on the way from Ratnagiri to Rajapur via / after Pawas.
Well, RR, you are certainly roaming!! Putting the Scorpio to good use, eh?

OT - If you don't mind, can I ask you this? Are you the same person (an industrialist in Packing Industry at Banglore, collecting old packing items like boxes etc. If not, do you know who it is?)

Quote:
No more on this from me, you know, i am secular.
Me too. But that day I was doing what you have emoted. And afterwards felt sad and angry. Understood why the tiger roars. Also understood how uncontrolled emotions conquer sanity. Regretted the loss of such splendour.... now my emotions are getting the better of me - time to put a stop. PERIOD.

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-img_1892.jpg

Thanks, AP, for helping me to let off my steam!
Old 18th August 2010, 13:09   #591
MX6
Senior - BHPian

We are all secular here. I love that fact. But people who don't appreciate art from any background and destroy are worse than animals, irrespective of the community they come from.
Sculpture is an form of art which can be appreciated by the blind!
Remember the story of the 6 blind men with the elephant?

The fact that these pieces of art stood the ravages of time is good enough to show that our forms of art will never perish in time. Whether it's barbaric attacks in history or the advent of western influence (paschimi asabhyata as stated by Utpal Dutt in the movie Kissi se na kehna) or anything else that can come in future.

It's there to stay!

Forget about the secular angle and the invasion from past. What pains me is to see vandalism that goes on now.
Raja loves rani
988xxxxxxx numbers
heart signs with arrows through them
My teacher blah blah blah
Jack the ripper was here
vote for xxx
kinds of stuff scribbled on our monuments pose a bigger danger than what invaders did to it before

The biggest danger these monuments are exposed to is the amount of litter (especially plastics) that's thrown in them.

Forget pseudo secularism. Let's pledge to save our heritage from plastics and vandals. Our heritage is common for all, irrespective of caste, creed, social status, yada, yada, yada.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 13:25   #592
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what an enticing place Kaas is. I've read only 4 pages and I'm so awed by the place. Really beautiful with all those flowers and would love to be there when it's in full bloom again.
kaushik_s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 13:38   #593
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Wow, what an enticing place Kaas is. I've read only 4 pages and I'm so awed by the place. Really beautiful with all those flowers and would love to be there when it's in full bloom again.
Sept 25th and 26th. There's a thread on t-bhp meet section as well. Around 10 members from Pune, Bangalore, Mumbai are meeting in Kaas and going to Bamnoli and Thosegar. And the list is growing.
Have a look at the thread and join the bandwagon.
Check with Starvegabond on the Bangalore member's plans.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 13:40   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Let's pledge to save our heritage from plastics and vandals. Our heritage is common for all, irrespective of caste, creed, social status, yada, yada, yada.
I agree. We talk - but don't act. I did try - the plastic cleaning and dissuading graffiti - what I got in return was - "Nature lover!" (sneer...) and 'tera baap ka jagah hai kya?'. Once it got out of hand leading to quarrel and nearly ended in fisticuffs. My wife was furious - with me, for causing a scene in public.

Put a full stop on my conscience. Now learning to ignore. Because, what cannot be cured must be endured.

We are like this only. No less than an (ex) PM's words

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Kaushik, read the Kaas Meet thread here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...t-24-25-a.html

Plenty of people from Bangalore are planning to drive down...
Old 18th August 2010, 13:50   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Well, RR, you are certainly roaming!! Putting the Scorpio to good use, eh?

OT - If you don't mind, can I ask you this? Are you the same person (an industrialist in Packing Industry at Banglore, collecting old packing items like boxes etc. If not, do you know who it is?)
Roaming ? certainly yes, but all of Maharashtra was done as a part of our yearly trips to Shirdi and Shani shingnapur in a Maruti 800. The scorpio came in only in Dec 2009.

OT - no Prabhu sir, that's not me and have no idea who it is. We cater to mainly MNC 100% EOU manufacturing units - they hardly or never require recycled materials !
roamingrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 11:46   #596
BHPian

No comments in 24 hours? Sad..

I took a break yesterday. So more content to add here. One word = MALSHEJ = AWESOME!!

Thanks, AP, for the route. Took it. Loved every moment of it. Ganeshkhind Ghat was fantastic.

Added bonus was this!

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-img_2691.jpg

Talk about Magnificent Maharashtra without javan is not right. Had the best 100% gharghuti asal marathi javan yesterday - bajri bakri, shepu baji, chawli ambti, varan, basundi... for 40 bucks! Relished every morsel of it

The Bhuleswhar pictures will continue from afternoon, after I get over yesteday's hangover..

@ RR, best of luck for more tours with the Scorpio. And thanks for the info. But I was not thinking of recycled materials. It was more collectible item which someone might be interested.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:13   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yesterday - bajri bakri, shepu baji, chawli ambti, varan, basundi... for 40 bucks! Relished every morsel of it
You made me hungry and its lunch time.

In the pic of that jevan, the roti looks like more of Jawar and not bajra.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 20th August 2010 at 12:19.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:38   #598
BHPian

Quote:
You made me hungry and its lunch time.

In the pic of that jevan, the roti looks like more of Jawar and not bajra.
I hear you get good food in Baramati..... so go out and enjoy your lunch now

I realise that P&S has limitations.... I ate it thinking it was 'bajri' (slightly khadak) as compared to 'jawari' (softer with sweeter taste) - whatever it was, it was delicious. Later realised that I should have got some packed for dinner

Having reached the top, I just a stroll around the temple first.

One can get an immense pleasure look at the form, symmetry and proportion of these structures.

In an age when they had to rely on manual calculations and the gifted eye, there is no doubt that these people were well and truly skilled....

And what a task it must have been - to arrange for all the material here and get the construction done as per what they had in mind!

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-img_1857.jpg

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-img_1858.jpg

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-img_1865.jpg

It appeared that several portions of the temple was originally painted...
Old 20th August 2010, 14:14   #599
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

VRP,

Which route did you take to Malshej? Did you go on a weekend? Is it very crowded on weekends? I am planning to go there one of these days.

My family loves the simple Maharashtrian Thali. Which hotel did you have this thali from? Yummy.

Biju
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 14:22   #600
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

And, MX6, if you are reading this, please throw in your guidance too. Anybody else has any info??
This looks like the idol has been stolen? Or am I missing something?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote