Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 12th May 2010, 12:37   #61
BHPian

@Fordmanchau - I fully agree with you - about nature, I mean

Actually the setting was so pristine, the scenery just unfolds itself - wish I had a better camera. With a good camera, it would have been surreal - as pictures of some other places reveal. Trust me, if you see some of those which our fellow bhpian (Sukiwa) has snapped, you will rush to Pune!

Hyderabad - Pune is not that far off - get a couple of days off, and you can enjoy yourself. (Hyderabad brings fond memories - vieled Rebecca, the sumptuous biryani, karachi biscuits......)

And the hijacking helped - I found that my post count has shot up - it wouldn't have had I started this thread

Am actually searching for another couple of threads which can be hijacked - there are a few more travelogues on the back burner...
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 12:43   #62
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for those wonderful pics vrprabhu. It's nice to meet another nature lover! The next pune meet has to be planned in Sept and we should all drive over to Kaas after that. Best time to do this would be 19th or 26th sept. What say punekars?
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 12:58   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
The next pune meet has to be planned in Sept and we should all drive over to Kaas after that. Best time to do this would be 19th or 26th sept.
Amen!

But I ain't finished yet!! (just a little left)

And, Captain, Guru (AP) wanted the pictures of Tosegar - can you permit to meander my way through there
Old 12th May 2010, 13:43   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
And, Captain, Guru (AP) wanted the pictures of Tosegar - can you permit to meander my way through there
i am wondering of what will be the reaction of bhpians after posting the thoseghar waterfall pics.

within next 30 min, i am set to go on 900km solo drive in the barren land of marathwada in this 43 degree oven.

hope, i may see the pic of thoseghar today.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 13:51   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
@Fordmanchau - I fully agree with you - about nature, I mean
Hyderabad - Pune is not that far off - get a couple of days off, and you can enjoy yourself. (Hyderabad brings fond memories - vieled Rebecca, the sumptuous biryani, karachi biscuits......)
And the hijacking helped - I found that my post count has shot up - it wouldn't have had I started this thread
Yup , hyderabad -pune is not far off. Have been thinking of going that side quite often, lets see when it materialises.
So,you have been to hyderabad, isn'it ? or are you from here itself? Veiled Rebecca makes a tempting case of visiting Salarjung Museum, probably the only thing worth seeing apart from the amusing clock.
Nice way to increase your post count.smart!! hehe.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 13:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for those wonderful pics vrprabhu. It's nice to meet another nature lover! The next pune meet has to be planned in Sept and we should all drive over to Kaas after that. Best time to do this would be 19th or 26th sept. What say punekars?
@MX6

I am no Punekar but I am in for this trip 100%. Just give me an exact date so that I can block it in my calender.

Edit I generally don't do it but just rated this thread 5* on account of the highjacker.

ReEdit You post regarding change of title at 13:59 and 14:04 it's changed. Wow that's like rapid! Guess the mods likes Kaas too and are following this thread 24X7.

Last edited by khoj : 12th May 2010 at 14:08.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 13:59   #67
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Default Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!

@khoj. The flowers are in bloom from mid sept till end sept of max 3 - 4 days in oct. So one of the weekends we need to plan this. Best time would be 26th sept.
@Vrprabhu. By all means. Please go ahead and post thosegar. I'm here with requesting Mods to change the title of the thread to Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!

Once kaas and thosegar is over, I'm going to roll out Ambarnath, Elephanta, Kolhapur, Konkan regions, Matheran, Nasik, Pandharpur, Pune, Sinhagad, etc.

Last edited by MX6 : 12th May 2010 at 14:03.
Old 12th May 2010, 14:02   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm here with requesting Mods to change the title of the thread to Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!

Once kaas and thosegar is over, I'm going to roll out Ambarnath, Elephanta, Kolhapur, Konkan regions, Matheran, Nasik, Pandharpur, Pune, Sinhagad, etc.

how's title like ''Maharashtra Unlimited'', the tagline of maharashatra tourism.

the thread will have unlimited places of maharashtra and can be hijacked by unlimited bhpians including me.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 12th May 2010 at 14:04.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 14:17   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
hope, i may see the pic of thoseghar today.
Please bide your time, Sir! (Top Boss has given some Top Urgent cum Priority cum Important task to be completed before evening - involves rows and columns of figures. So I have been posting here in between to keep my head clear - actually I am tempted to do a Bugs Bunny Act - anyone remember the cartoon wherein he goes around with a fiddle singing a very nice tune which goes like "over the hills and over the vales, up and down and down and up - or something like that)?

> driving now in the sun - much better than sitting here and getting my head hot, with the way the want the figures presented. (believe, it isn't only the film stars and models who get dressed up - should I say dressed down?!?)

To put a dampener, the skies were overcast when we reached Tosegar; so picture from Canon was hazy (still haven't got the hang of all the settings) and the Kodak's battery died (its a Li type - not the AA ones. Remember what I said about shooting frenzy earlier? In my other trip my memory card became full...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Nice way to increase your post count.smart!! hehe.
You got to learn the tricks of the trade, man

Last edited by vrprabhu : 12th May 2010 at 14:18. Reason: Some fun or pun (!)
Old 12th May 2010, 15:33   #70
BHPian

Default Quick upload

Lunch time - grabbed a couple of rotis and thought I will use the time to upload a few more pictures....

(OT - will not be available tommorrow due to Pune-Panvel round trip via the expressway - it is boring nowadays. Must have made more than a 100 trips during the last five years. Wonder how much toll I paid till now)

We give in to our growling stomachs and decide to quite further exploring the water or way.... and since Satara is where we will get something to eat, promise ourselves to go non-stop. Almost make it, but for a last glance....

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-last-glance.jpg
BTW, we noticed a couple of places were fenced off. Like Ashish Pallod mentioned, land sharks moving in? The properties were in prime location...

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-land-shark1.jpgMagnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-land-shark.jpg
Old 12th May 2010, 15:41   #71
BHPian

Default Off to Tosegar...

Reach Satara and gobble down something at the first eatery...

Go down the road (remember the Tunnel at the end of the town?) and ahead for Tosegar.

Take the road which turns to right sharply and starts climbing again! There is traffic on this road, unlike Kaas - as there are some villages here and there. But the scenery has undergone a dramatic change!!
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-panorama.jpg
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-vista.jpg
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-vista1.jpg

See what appears to be a Fort and a table land (which reminded me of Phantom comics which I used to read as a kid. Phantom had a place on the top of a mountain - wonder whether Faulkner had been to Satara?)

Name:  Fort.jpg
Views: 2352
Size:  70.8 KB
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-table.jpg

We were in a hurry now - had to complete Tosegar, get back to Satara and reach Pune. (The whole trip was just short of 400 kms). Ashish, can you please throw some light on what looks like a fort there and the table land, please?
Old 12th May 2010, 15:46   #72
Team-BHP Support

The more I see it, the more it grows on me. How come there are trekkers to this area. (Did not mean serious trekking.)

For example, are there no folks, who would like to explore around the hills as seen in the picture?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 15:50   #73
BHPian

Default Awesome

How many of you believe that the pictures were taken on the same day? The way the clouds were moving and building up and opening up - it had to be experienced to be believed. (We ran into the mother of all rainfall that day when were just starting from Satara to Pune. It was about 7.30 PM and we thought we will make it by 10.30 to Pune. But then the down pour started - for one hour there was nothing but water everywhere - life was simply at standstill!)

Anyway, even though there was plenty to sit and stare and enjoy, the lack of time kept us in the single minded pursuit - of reaching Tosegar. Just when we were thinking that it was a mistake, we heard the faint roaring sound of water - that cleared whatever doubts we had in our mind.

There was a big crowd of people going ahead and one group coming back, so we knew we were reaching the spot - atlast. The last part has to be covered on foot. Parking space is available for the vehicles, from where you have to foot it down. Steps have been conveniently (by MTDC, I suppose).

Going down, the first turn gives you the first glimpse....
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-fullfalls.jpg
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-long2.jpg
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-long-3.jpg

I can only say this - AWESOME!

As I said - point and shoot camera, long distance, max zoom, rain clouds et all - this was the best we could do. Is this OK with you, AP?
Old 12th May 2010, 16:10   #74
BHPian

Default I am in a hurry..

Got to complete this today - boss is breathing down my neck and have to take a day off tommorrow. So no more waxing eloquent

You round a turn and see the falls - as it appears magically from nowhere!!

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-force3.jpg

Authorities have put up barricades - but we being Indians, we are like this only!!
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-spot.jpg
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-longshot.jpg

Normally, I don't take too many risks, but that day, the spot, the weather et al prompted us to break the rules.

The force of the water has to be seen to be believed...
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-force.jpg
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-froce1.jpg
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-falldown.jpg
Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-fall-down.jpg

There is a huge sign board displaying the number of deaths, and there is no need to doubt it at all..
Old 12th May 2010, 16:52   #75
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Here's the teaser pic for the Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog.

Click on image to view Maha size.

Magnificent Maharashtra - The Mahalog!-collage.jpg

Keep watching this space!