Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 1st November 2009, 11:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Puncture kit + Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
IMHO, I don't think we'd need to carry a spare tube with tubeless tyres. Puncture repair kit should be enough.

Punctures in tubeless tyres are generally non-issues - the accident faced by PW was a totally unexpected one.
You are both right and wrong. Yes, you need to carry a puncture kit for tubeless tyres for punctures etc. You also need to carry a tube - for damage to a tyre which is more than a simple puncture like what PW faced - i.e. a ripped sidewall.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:01   #32
BHPian

Lovely travelogue PW. I browsed it once for the pics and today, went through the writeup.

So, Kolkata-Puri is now doable in 8hrs approx. Hope that the bad stretch between Balasore-Bhadrak gets done up soon.

I have lost count of the number of times I have been to Puri, but never drove all the way. A few questions for you:
1. What is the procedure to book BNR from Kolkata?
2. Can you see the sea from the hotel?
3. As far as I remember, there used to be an abandoned stretch of land in front of the hotel, on the other side of the road. How are things now. Is it easy to walk to the beach from here?

Planning to drive down during winter. Lets see how things work out.
Saurabh M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
LOL...

At the cost of trying to hijack your thread, here are a few glimpses of what you didn't take pics of (but surely saw/partook of)
Nobody's hijacking any thread, dada . I believe the more pictures one adds to the travelogue, the more informative it becomes to people who want to undertake a similar trip. Keep em coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
You are both right and wrong. Yes, you need to carry a puncture kit for tubeless tyres for punctures etc. You also need to carry a tube - for damage to a tyre which is more than a simple puncture like what PW faced - i.e. a ripped sidewall.

Cheers,
Well, I'm looking to procure slime tubeless repair kit before I undertake any other trip. Its got a bottle of slime, and an inflator pump.

Also on the lookout for an electronic jack. Lovely device. You just insert the cord into your car's cigaretter lighter socket, and then hoist up the car using battery power. Some Delhi-based company is now marketing this tool in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Lovely travelogue PW. I browsed it once for the pics and today, went through the writeup.

So, Kolkata-Puri is now doable in 8hrs approx. Hope that the bad stretch between Balasore-Bhadrak gets done up soon.

I have lost count of the number of times I have been to Puri, but never drove all the way. A few questions for you:
1. What is the procedure to book BNR from Kolkata?
2. Can you see the sea from the hotel?
3. As far as I remember, there used to be an abandoned stretch of land in front of the hotel, on the other side of the road. How are things now. Is it easy to walk to the beach from here?

Planning to drive down during winter. Lets see how things work out.
Thank you Saurabh Da. Here's an answer to your queries:

1. For booking, call up BNR on (06752)222063. They will give you an email id (chanakyabnrpuri@gmail.com) where you write, mentioning dates of stay and no of rooms required. Thats it. No advance required.

The current room rates will stay only upto 15th Dec 09, post which they will atleast double. If your visit date is after this, give a call to their current hotel manager (Pradipto Kumar Mahapatra, 9861169351) before you leave. He's promised to give BNR fans like us good discounts on rack rates.

2 & 3. BNR is on the other side of the road. As you remember correctly, there is an abandoned stretch of land in front of the hotel. The sea is even further away. Must be a good 200 mtrs from the hotel.

But you can see the sea from the hotel.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 21:05   #34
BHPian

I have been to Puri once by car from Bhubaneshwar.... The place was amazing....Iam planning to take my parents n wife sometime this year...And this entire route from Kolkata to Puri is cool and Iam sure you had loads of fun on the way....Your pics show that
CrankShaft05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 10:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
I have been to Puri once by car from Bhubaneshwar.... The place was amazing....Iam planning to take my parents n wife sometime this year...And this entire route from Kolkata to Puri is cool and Iam sure you had loads of fun on the way....Your pics show that
Well Puri is almost like an annual visit for our family. This was the only time we did it by car, and the most fun for me and Predator .

Planning to do it again soon.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote