Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 27th January 2010, 18:49   #61
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
@ADC,Fantastic to see the TMT going through all those terrains after the fate it had suddenly seen. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1572449 (Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp). It is really nice to see the TMT after a good heart surgery.

Shisir, do get well soon - Hoping that the fracture heals fast now and surely everything will be back to normal in 3 weeks' time.

VTT engine transplant happened after this tour, with the new engine we did the Arunachal tour this Dec end.

Last edited by Dippy : 28th January 2010 at 09:50. Reason: On request
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 12:40   #62
adc
Senior - BHPian

Default Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa[Koraput]-Tribals, Falls & Forest

Over the 2 days we were there it was all cloudy and rains in the night, and we were hoping almost against hope to have sunlight now for the last morning before we check out - this for the rainbows that form around the falls. These are amazing views and one is formed in the early morning which we see in the photos below and another prominent one is formed around sunset time - that is more spectacular - that is formed across the falls and the sun sets directly opposite to the falls.

Anyway in the rainy months this is a rarity, cloudy skies and rainbows dont match up - however again, Chitrakote falls is an absolute must during the monsoon time only - its a different view.

Lo and behold we got sunlight and thus the rainbow, the morning we checked out for our return jouney.
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1172.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1204.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1189.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-picture-465.jpg

We are now moving to Rayagada from Chitrakote [Jagdalpur]. We followed this route as this is a totally uncommon route to go back rather than take up the NH5 highway. IT would enable us to go through the absolute great country side swathed with greenery and all.

Journey back via Interior Orissa and Rayagada

Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-chitrarayagada.jpg

Over there on searching about any news of any trouble through my airtel internet connection, came across a journalist's website who was based in Koraput and runs also a website regarding the happening of his district [koraputonline.com] . Mailed him on the hunch if he may get this mail might reply of any trouble on this route as there was some big trouble - naxal backed tribals against non-tribals kind of thing and the road was blocked and was unsafe.

Mr Santakar [journalist] immediately replied back to me and said that the route is okay now and safe and buses are plying and would get back to me on phone if he comes to know of any untoward last minute trouble. Many a thanks to this gentleman for the promptness and all support.

And glad we took this route, amazing drive through totally empty roads!

Last edited by adc : 28th January 2010 at 12:42.
Old 28th January 2010, 13:02   #63
BHPian

Thanx ADC. you really "The Magnificient Tourer".
There are many such places in orissa which are not a part of OTDC.
Even people of orissa may not know all these places. You really do a good job.

BTW i am following all your threads from last year.

Expecting more pics and logs in comming days.

And lastly you are our own "HVK" from eastern side.
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 19:36   #64
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Thanx ADC. you really "The Magnificient Tourer".
There are many such places in orissa which are not a part of OTDC.
Even people of orissa may not know all these places. You really do a good job
Orissa has some great unknown places for sure. And of course HVK is totally different league - no way remotely near to his disciplined way of travel.

On towards to Rayagada for a night stay - lovely lonely country roads
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1207.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1210.jpg

Wherever we got a chance, just stopped to feel the fresh air.
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1212.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1214.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1215.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1238.jpg

No traffic, only welcome road blocks being the shepperd and his folks
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1232.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1260.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1412.jpg

Lonely remote state highway and I asked a local here if one can go to around that hill, well he said just about very bad trail is there full of rocks and vegetation- surely sounded like a great OTR trail!
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1244.jpg

Nearing Rayagada town for the night stop
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1268.jpg

And then again the narrow lonely roads towards Taptapani
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1286.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1291.jpg

Some cherished moments always comes when having tea in some small rural tea-shop - quite a few break stops were made just where the monsoon green scenery was most fascinating.

Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1295.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1306.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1314.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1322.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1328.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1348.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1349.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1367.jpg

Taptapani has a great OTDC hotel rooms with great forest covers all around - had lunch over here and proceeded towards Calcutta.
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1385.jpg
Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1392.jpg

So that its then - after a 21-hour driving [2 hrs lost due to puncture at 4 am near Kharaghpur] from Rayagada to Calcutta overnight journey - early morning crossing Vivekanada/Nivedita bridge.

Safari Dicor VTT-TMT 2-yr Grand OT[Interior Chhattisgarh/Orissa-Tribals,Falls&Forest]-img_1424.jpg

It sure was a great pleasure for me sharing this amazing trip, for lesser known places became known, great interactions with the local people and everywhere we got great support and wishes. As said before, not a glamorous journey but glad that we did this - coming across the remote land and then meeting the Bonda tribes, to travelling to see Chitrakote in full flow to the lonely country roads of interior Orissa - just one of many highlights of the tour. And surely among the lasting memories remain still of that beautiful Bonda tribe girl!

As always writing and sharing it up, I get the opportunity to relive again the whole experience. Thanks much.

The End

Last edited by adc : 28th January 2010 at 19:50.
Old 29th January 2010, 08:44   #65
BHPian

Nice featuring of the Bonda Tribes. I'm Bonded to this thread.
btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 11:08   #66
BHPian

Great photo with great travel logs.

I already copy your logs for my next trip in orissa. Thanks ADC.
Old 29th January 2010, 11:09   #67
BHPian

No words to describe..... I am spellbounded by your travelogue. Great photos, excellent writeup covering all the details. Hopefully I make it to this part some day. Thanks for writing such a wonderful travelogue
venki.bala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 16:06   #68
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Nice featuring of the Bonda Tribes. I'm Bonded to this thread.
Quote:
Great photo with great travel logs.

I already copy your logs for my next trip in orissa. Thanks ADC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
No words to describe..... I am spellbounded by your travelogue. Great photos, excellent writeup covering all the details. Hopefully I make it to this part some day. Thanks for writing such a wonderful travelogue
Thanks much to you all.

@Kalinga - for some great tour logs inside Orissa, you would do well to visit this site also --> Travel Tales in Orissa
Old 6th February 2010, 18:16   #69
BHPian

quote[It sure was a great pleasure for me sharing this amazing trip, for lesser known places became known, great interactions with the local people and everywhere we got great support and wishes. The End[/quote]

Dada. Was a pleasure to have a look and actually feel those remote but beautiful places from your journey. I have plans to visit Chitrakote waterfalls and a few places near Jagdalpur during an upcoming trip to Hyderabad. We may plan a detour to Vizag- Jagdalpur-Raipur-and then joining NH 7 near Jabalpur or Katni during our return trip from Hyderabad. Lets see if it could be planned that way. Will consult if it looks like happening during June.

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 6th February 2010 at 18:19.
LongDrive lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 18:22   #70
BHPian

Thanks ADC, for sharing this link. It will help me on my next trip.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:50   #71
BHPian

That was a beautifully narrated post ADC and the pictures spoke a lot more by themselves. Driving through such places is wonderful experience and the memories keep lingering for a long time to come.

Your pictures actually reminded me of my childhood (end 80's) when our family of 4 people used to go for holidays in a Mark-IV ambassodor car to such remote destinations in orissa and bihar and come across small streams flowing over a pebbled road, tribals, forests etc. Nothing remotely connected to modernism. I will try to pull out some old pictures and post them if possible. Staying in Delhi I forgot that such places still exist and it is still safe to drive in orissa and bihar considering the maoist problems.
souravdebiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 11:29   #72
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
We may plan a detour to Vizag- Jagdalpur-Raipur-and then joining NH 7 near Jabalpur or Katni during our return trip from Hyderabad. Lets see if it could be planned that way. Will consult if it looks like happening during June.
Thanks LDL again, butttt Chitrakote has to be seen around monsoon time and June is the driest of the months. Hope you schedule accordingly!

Quote:
It will help me on my next trip.
Sure it will be, that site does cover most of the travel inside Orissa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
I will try to pull out some old pictures and post them if possible.
Please do surely share those memories. This travel will be remembered by us for long - for the remoteness, for the unknown, for the diversity, for the great helpful people we met all along!
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:44   #73
BHPian

Fantastic write up and excellent photos. This is a masterpeice. Expect more from you in future.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:41   #74
BHPian

one hell of a trip that was, amazing photogrpahy, great going, all the best for your future trips
srikanthpotluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 14:11   #75
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Fantastic write up and excellent photos. This is a masterpeice. Expect more from you in future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
one hell of a trip that was, amazing photogrpahy, great going, all the best for your future trips
Thanks a lot, both your posts bring back wonderful memories of a stupendous travel.