Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2010, 20:49   #166
Senior - BHPian
 
deky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default

Hi Ramkya,

I was planning to book a tour for my parents in Europe. All the Indian operators are offering only vegetarian meals during the course of the tour, which is fine by my Mom but definately not with my Dad. Is it true that no non-veg options are available during the tour, do you have any idea about it?

Thanks
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 08:40   #167
Senior - BHPian
 
ramkya1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Palakkad, Keral
Posts: 1,817
Thanked: 362 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Hi Ramkya,

I was planning to book a tour for my parents in Europe. All the Indian operators are offering only vegetarian meals during the course of the tour, which is fine by my Mom but definately not with my Dad. Is it true that no non-veg options are available during the tour, do you have any idea about it?
Thanks
Hai Deky,

Was travelling to Kerala, today in Bangalore, so could not respond immediately.

Yes, all of them originating from India have veg option only, but I think most DO NOT have lunch, so during lunch you have plenty of non-veg options when you are on your own. Many people in our tour were strict non-vegs and made up during the lunch.

----
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 12:02   #168
MX6
Senior - BHPian
 
MX6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City of seven islands.
Posts: 2,882
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai Deky,

Was travelling to Kerala, today in Bangalore, so could not respond immediately.

Yes, all of them originating from India have veg option only, but I think most DO NOT have lunch, so during lunch you have plenty of non-veg options when you are on your own. Many people in our tour were strict non-vegs and made up during the lunch.

----
RAMKYA sir. Will you be passing through pune back to AHD? I'd love to meet you and spend some time anywhere on NH4.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 20:09   #169
BHPian
 
vinayrathore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DL-9C/KA-01
Posts: 528
Thanked: 306 Times
Thumbs up Excellent!!

Hats off Ramkya!!

Just loved the thread! Read it in two days and felt as if traveling with you!

Amazing narration, detailed info along with fantabulous pictures make this a five star thread!!

Also as per my knowledge, for the 1st year an Indian DL in English is perfectly Valid in Europe. I was there last year and drove a little with one of my cousin based in Zurich.

Cheers!
Vinay
vinayrathore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 15:39   #170
Senior - BHPian
 
ramkya1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Palakkad, Keral
Posts: 1,817
Thanked: 362 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
RAMKYA sir. Will you be passing through pune back to AHD? I'd love to meet you and spend some time anywhere on NH4.
@ MX6: Not by road, borrowed a friends Zen for the Kerala leg, just got back from Bangalore to Ahmedabd by Air today morning. Sure to buzz you when I pass through, would love to meet you.

Talked to many TBHpns and met a couple of them for dinner, was a great dinner at Barbeque Nation, Indira Nagar.

@vinayrathore: Thank you for the nice comments. My logs tend to become longer than I want

Yes, a valid Indian DL is OK in many places, but a IDL is insurance, for the cost of 1K, its a great risk coverage. Imagine you going all the way and some idiot with the car rental insisting on the IDL!!!!

====

Last edited by ramkya1 : 30th April 2010 at 15:43.
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:20   #171
BHPian
 
jaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 384
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

[quote=ramkya1;1863263]
Talked to many TBHpns and met a couple of them for dinner, was a great dinner at Barbeque Nation, Indira Nagar.

You were in Bangalore and I missed out. Next time in Bangalore, Make sure to contact me. Thanks.
jaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:24   #172
Senior - BHPian
 
ramkya1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Palakkad, Keral
Posts: 1,817
Thanked: 362 Times
Arrow

[quote=jaaz;1867068]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Talked to many TBHpns and met a couple of them for dinner, was a great dinner at Barbeque Nation, Indira Nagar.

You were in Bangalore and I missed out. Next time in Bangalore, Make sure to contact me. Thanks.
Sorry missed out on you and many others too, was a very rushed trip. This was also to find possible partners for a USA C2C trip we're planning next year.

=====
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:55   #173
MX6
Senior - BHPian
 
MX6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City of seven islands.
Posts: 2,882
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

[quote=ramkya1;1867082]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post

Sorry missed out on you and many others too, was a very rushed trip. This was also to find possible partners for a USA C2C trip we're planning next year.

=====
Sir. I'm confused now. Is it next year or is it in Oct 2010?
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:53   #174
Senior - BHPian
 
ramkya1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Palakkad, Keral
Posts: 1,817
Thanked: 362 Times
Arrow

[quote=MX6;1867150]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post

Sir. I'm confused now. Is it next year or is it in Oct 2010?
Its for next year, 2011, Aug/ Sep, interested?

We can start a new thread for C2C US and see what comes out?
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:55   #175
MX6
Senior - BHPian
 
MX6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City of seven islands.
Posts: 2,882
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

[quote=ramkya1;1867605]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

Its for next year, 2011, Aug/ Sep, interested?

We can start a new thread for C2C US and see what comes out?
I already saw a thread of c2c us started by you in route queries. That said Oct 2010.
Hence the confusion. 2011 I should be in US. And would have renewed my expired license. If that does happen, I shall definitely pitch in from there!
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 20:02   #176
BHPian
 
sami316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 469
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Hello Ramki Sir,

Awesome pics you have posted there. I am still checking them out. Europe always have a spellbinding effect on me. I hope I get to see these once in my lifetime. Insha Allah. Thanks for the pics again.
sami316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 15:36   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
ramkya1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Palakkad, Keral
Posts: 1,817
Thanked: 362 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hello Ramki Sir,

Awesome pics you have posted there. I am still checking them out. Europe always have a spellbinding effect on me. I hope I get to see these once in my lifetime. Insha Allah. Thanks for the pics again.
Sami: Thanks. Europe was in full fall colours, vibrant and cold, but an enjoyable experience all around.

@MX6: Original plan was for this year, but getting long leave around October this year looks impossible, hoping for at least next year. If you're there, we can do some stretches together. Lalu and Glen from Bangalore have tentatively confirmed for this trip, let's see what pans out.
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 14:54   #178
BHPian
 
jaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 384
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Just came back from US and UK trip. Now, I'll go through what all I've missed out. Ramkya, took the same Car as yours in UK, but I preferred Diesel - And lucky I got a Sport version 1.6L with 110 bhp HDI.

Ramkya, you've not posted the photos of Edinburgh - but only the bridge. Did you visit?

The weather was perfect with no rains.
jaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Sanskari Middle Europe Trip - From Berlin to Vienna via Eastern Europe mentalmaxout Travelogues 77 15th April 2016 22:16
Rs 2700 for Potenza GIII 165/60/R13 justified? idly Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 18 14th June 2012 16:35
Alto LXI - 2700 kms and some issues travelwriter Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 23 14th December 2011 11:17
My Travelogue:- From Pune to Kalimpong - 2700 Kms andy_dog_lover Travelogues 40 26th March 2009 23:05
Getz prime GLE 2700 kms report ZedMae Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 0 13th January 2008 15:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:30.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks