Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 23rd December 2009, 09:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Nice travelogue and pics k149in ! Sheer coincidence that my friend was talking to me just the other day about these hills, must plan a visit here soon ! Nice pics and detailed kms log Pramod ! Did you go in the Alto ?

Thanks. yes. We went in the Alto.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 00:54   #47

Hi k149in,

Recently, I had been to Yercaud and learnt about this place Kolli Hills... and since then I have been searching a lot to find a suitable link to get educated about the place and the other related stuff.

Allow me to thank you for such a wonderful description of the place, the experience, exclusive photos, points to ponder and .... in fact i should say everything.

I am itching to visit this place as early as possible; and for this I need your help to get your insights on the following:

a. Ideally,when would be a good time to visit Kolli Hills? (is it worth an effort in Apr-May-June time frame?)

b. Would you recommend me doing this trip on Bullet? (allow me to help you answering this question - myself and my wife, we often set out on road trips and have traveled to places like Mahaballipuram, Pondi, Murudeshwar/Udupi, Coorg, Ooty and Yercaud.)

In your free time, can you please share your thoughts.

Thank you,

Jai

p.s. - i reside in bangalore (jayanagar area)
jaisethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 18:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Ideally,when would be a good time to visit Kolli Hills? (is it worth an effort in Apr-May-June time frame?)
Would you recommend me doing this trip on Bullet?
i had been to that place 4 years back and stayed there for 2 days. Nallathambi resorts is the only option available at that time for saty.
as mentioned by someone in this thread, anytime between september to december (north-east monsoon) is the ideal period for visiting the magnificient waterfall (around1000 ft tall, i think) and the greenery.
and a bullet will easily climb the 77 hairpin bends and other roads there.
benkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2010, 01:35   #49
BHPian

Hi Jai,
Thank you for the appreciation.
At any time of the year, the temperature may be slightly lesser than Bangalore (may be 2-4 degrees difference when compared). So any time should be a good time to go there. However, the main attraction there which is the waterfalls may not have that much waterflow at this time when compared with the flow during noth-east monsoon.
It is best if you can ring any of the resorts there to confirm how good the waterfalls is at the moment.
Irrespective of the waterfalls, still I would go any day if I want a break for two days from city life, want some fresh air and serene atmosphere.
This place would be similar to Yelagiri. Its safe as well.
Yes, you can easily ride your bullet to this place, but please ensure you use your horn at every hairpin compulsarily.
Feel free to PM me if any further information is required.
k149in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 16:56   #50
BHPian

Wonderful Place man !

Would like to go there soon....

Last edited by neo45007 : 31st March 2010 at 17:06.
neo45007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 17:05   #51
BHPian

m planning to go here in the Midst of the rains (Say June- July).
anybody interested to join ? (With / without family); anything should be fine.

Really unexplored place near bangalore. :-)
neo45007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 13:18   #52
BHPian

@ K149. Nice travelogue. Koli hills has been on my 'to do' list for a while. I think you have motivated me to get off my butt and give it a shot. Just one question, any idea if the road up is safe in the sw monsoon season in terms of landslides etc?
modthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 11:53   #53
BHPian

Hi Thomas,

It must be safe during rainy season as well. The roads are pretty well laid. I dont have much knowledge to be 100% sure. Lalu/Pramod who visited recently must be able to provide more comprehensive response. On the other hand, you can call one of the resorts present there to enquire about them.
k149in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:06   #54
BHPian

Hi thomas, I am basically from Namakkal and my village is very near to Kolli Hills. You can drive to kolli hills at any time during the year and June July will be real fun will mild rain. Roads are good throughout the year. if possible try attempting to "Ottha Kadai" (only shop) This place has only one bus in the morning and one in the evening. but lovely place. Do fill you tank at Semmedu and try this. For all those who visited kolli hills - There so many small villages where the real adventure is felt. So next time when you drive to kolli hills please take any left or right off road and see the real beauty.
vinod_namakkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:50   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_namakkal View Post
Hi thomas, I am basically from Namakkal and my village is very near to Kolli Hills. You can drive to kolli hills at any time during the year and June July will be real fun will mild rain. Roads are good throughout the year. if possible try attempting to "Ottha Kadai" (only shop) This place has only one bus in the morning and one in the evening. but lovely place. Do fill you tank at Semmedu and try this. For all those who visited kolli hills - There so many small villages where the real adventure is felt. So next time when you drive to kolli hills please take any left or right off road and see the real beauty.
Thanks Vinod. That was quite motivating. Will do the drive soon.
modthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 18:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for this info. Will plan a trip soon. Was the water level as shown in the picture where guys are taking bath, monsoon level water? Or now it will be much higher?
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 09:54   #57
BHPian

The water level remains the same throughout the year. But its enjoyed a lot during monsoon and winter seasons.
Old 4th August 2010, 11:06   #58
BANNED

Place is really beautiful especially the waterfalls.
Iam in love with them.
greencity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 11:42   #59
BHPian

Sai When did you visit? Please share some photos
Old 4th August 2010, 12:56   #60
BHPian

This place is really awesome. You can call it a Hidden gem. Will have to plan a trip in the future.
sami316 is offline   Reply With Quote