Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 23:13   #226
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,690
Thanked: 6,214 Times
Default

Day 3, November 29th 2009 continued

Ketty


We reached Ketty by 18:00PM. After walking along the tracks for sometime, my wife realised that we had hyped the entire scene for her and decided to return. For no reasons, Ketty was our vantage point this trip. We were at this place sometime in all the three days!!


The tracks at Ketty
Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0279.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0280.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0281.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0282.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0283.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0287.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0290.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0305.jpg



We started back at 18:20PM and drove via Lovedale and Charring cross - to see the fountain again. We finally reached the resort at 18:45PM.

Ordered whatever was available for dinner. It was very irritating to see that they have only one non veg dish always for dinner, that too salty like sea water. Cursing our luck, we munched on some junk foods and retired for the day.


Tomorrow is the last day of the trip, and we have to drive all the way back to Bangalore.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 23:34   #227
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,690
Thanked: 6,214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.sidhes View Post
Really 5 star rating, Woderful pictures. I have been visited more 10 times, now only i am realizing how many place i have missed. Next i won't do this mistake, I will all area from your pages. THANKS
Thanks Arun. Good to know my log was of help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Laluks,

Since now you have started offering personalized sections of travelogue posting for your dedicated followers and this I think is an value added innovation, you are likely to get nominated for more such requests from all your followers
Anything for my beloved readers. Though this started as a hobby, I am continuing only because of the wonderful encouragement I get from you guys, and what a forum TBHP has been.

You guys and TBHP rock. , and my logs are a small thank you to you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
my most of the bookings have been done for the year end trip
i intend to take a printout of your Swifted : Ooty and previous Coorged travelogues and follow the trail

imitation is the best tribute.
Thank you Star for the kind words. Great to hear that my logs were of help.
BTW, it was nice meeting you yesterday
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 23:45   #228
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 222
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Lalu, the new camera reflects your creativity very well!
Surprised that there were no traffic jams in the Bandipur-Mudumalai stretch now that the road is closed at night. I suppose the night drive restrictions are still in place.
Any way one can get permissions to drive from Avalanche to Upper Bhavani - that is a lovely route - now that you say the roads are closed to the public?
We had stayed in Red Hill resort in Emerald a couple of years back.
Its a wonderful property maintained by Mr. Vijaykumar. Its more of a homestay than a Hotel. He arranges the permits for you and also provides with you with a driver and a 4x4 (Jeep) for a days excursion to Parson's valley, upper Bawani and Western Catchments regions.

He also arranges various hikes, bike tours for the guests staying with them.

More about Red Hill here

I have stayed there at least 2 times in recent past, and the experience has been wonderful. Usually, all food is made from the fresh vegetables around the resort, and its personally supervised byMr VijayKumar's wife.
abhijitaparadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 23:49   #229
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,690
Thanked: 6,214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitaparadh View Post
We had stayed in Red Hill resort in Emerald a couple of years back.
Its a wonderful property maintained by Mr. Vijaykumar. Its more of a homestay than a Hotel. He arranges the permits for you and also provides with you with a driver and a 4x4 (Jeep) for a days excursion to Parson's valley, upper Bawani and Western Catchments regions.

He also arranges various hikes, bike tours for the guests staying with them.

More about Red Hill here

I have stayed there at least 2 times in recent past, and the experience has been wonderful. Usually, all food is made from the fresh vegetables around the resort, and its personally supervised byMr VijayKumar's wife.
Thanks abhijit.
I know this place. Since I'm stuck with my time shares, I normally end up there
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 02:00   #230
BHPian
 
Paradox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 53
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Hey laluks,

Iíve been to Ooty many times in the past but I dint know there were heavenly places like these to visit. Excellent pictures along with detailed narration.

Man! You must be one heck of an explorer!! Thanks for sharing
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 06:58   #231
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,690
Thanked: 6,214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Hey laluks,

Iíve been to Ooty many times in the past but I dint know there were heavenly places like these to visit. Excellent pictures along with detailed narration.

Man! You must be one heck of an explorer!! Thanks for sharing
Thanks Paradox.
It's always been discovering more
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 07:19   #232
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Iíve been to Ooty many times in the past but I dint know there were heavenly places like these to visit.
+1.

All I know when i visit is the usual tourist spots on the hill. And here you see a host of new places which are so adventures and lovely.

Best thing to do is, pull him in during the next trip. Dual advantage - You got a GPS & D90 Photographer
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 07:25   #233
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,690
Thanked: 6,214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
+1.

All I know when i visit is the usual tourist spots on the hill. And here you see a host of new places which are so adventures and lovely.

Best thing to do is, pull him in during the next trip. Dual advantage - You got a GPS & D90 Photographer
I wouldn't mind an all sponsored trip
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 09:45   #234
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 588
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Lalu, I am honoured with the pictures marked specially for me. It always bring fond memories of the place. The gate where in you parked your "red riding hood" with the powerpuff girls used to be the school, the other photos are of the new campus. Thank you very very much!

Hey where do you get so much information on places to visit, it seems like you do a thorough research before venturing out. Nice photos of the Fernhill and also the avalanche. The fernhill group also has cottages which are not as costly as their rooms. In Ooty you also can check out on Shinkos restaurant near Mohans department store and also the restaurant at Savoy is also good.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 10:00   #235
BHPian
 
REMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Permanent Parking: KL01, Temp Parking: KA03
Posts: 60
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Lalu You are a champ. Just went through your travelouge in one go.Its not all about owning a D90, its all about doing justice to it, and you have done it.

Great snaps, great travelogue with all details to help out every one.

As soon as I read it I just bookmarked the page for my future reference.

2009 you travelled almost all of india, So 2010 going international??
REMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 10:41   #236
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,690
Thanked: 6,214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Lalu, I am honoured with the pictures marked specially for me. It always bring fond memories of the place. The gate where in you parked your "red riding hood" with the powerpuff girls used to be the school, the other photos are of the new campus. Thank you very very much!.
Any time dear majic. These are small things that keep us happy in this world of rat race. cheers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Hey where do you get so much information on places to visit, it seems like you do a thorough research before venturing out.
I read a lot, good or bad . If I am hooked to a location, then I read about the place anything I come by and note it down. Later its just looking at the time in hand, need and priority. Beyond this many have happened just at the place. Chatting with the locals over a cup of tea always helped, at the smallest tea shops on the road side - not the plush hotels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMU View Post
Lalu You are a champ. Just went through your travelouge in one go.Its not all about owning a D90, its all about doing justice to it, and you have done it.

Great snaps, great travelogue with all details to help out every one.

As soon as I read it I just bookmarked the page for my future reference.

2009 you travelled almost all of india, So 2010 going international??
Thanks Remu for the kind words.
International ? Don't think so. It can wait. Most of Europe was covered in 2003 - 2005 time frame. Kind off lost interests.

But our India rocks, I really need more than my lifetime to see her fully!!

BTW, I share similar parking lots . (check your location)

Last edited by laluks : 11th December 2009 at 10:44.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 10:47   #237
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 361
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Lalu - splendid indeed - waiting for the rest of your travelogue.

The wooden beams in Fernhill make the place look quite rich.

Being the only guests in a restaurant? - we used to face similar situations when we stayed at The Savoy. I personally do not like it that way.
MuraliR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 10:52   #238
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,690
Thanked: 6,214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
Lalu - splendid indeed - waiting for the rest of your travelogue.

The wooden beams in Fernhill make the place look quite rich.

Being the only guests in a restaurant? - we used to face similar situations when we stayed at The Savoy. I personally do not like it that way.

Thanks Murali.

Many restaurants - being the only guests will be a disastrous, since the food can be hazardous. I agree.

But here we were cared for, and given good food. And the ambience, the space we got, my family's togetherness, all added to the joy.

It was a sunday and that too the second half of the day, every body would have checked out.

Last edited by laluks : 11th December 2009 at 10:54.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 15:10   #239
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 588
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hey i am missing Shishir on this thread today, normally he would be there reminding lalu to post, well for today i will do it, PLease post! Give me more!!
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 07:48   #240
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,690
Thanked: 6,214 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Hey i am missing Shishir on this thread today, normally he would be there reminding lalu to post, well for today i will do it, PLease post! Give me more!!
Thanks Majic for the reminder. Will post soon, yesterday it seems forum was down for a while.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swifted : Nelliyampathy via Valparai laluks Travelogues 287 2nd August 2016 17:44
Swifted : Weekend Getaway from Bangalore - Kolli Hills laluks Travelogues 64 2nd June 2010 07:21
Swifted : Coorg laluks Travelogues 83 13th April 2010 22:15
Swifted : Bisle, Belur, Halebid, Chikmagalur, Kemmangundi laluks Travelogues 134 28th January 2010 22:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:34.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks