Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 09:45   #286
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 361
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

And, do we have to wait until late evening or tomorrow to find out if you landed in any trouble for clicking photos?
MuraliR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 10:48   #287
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,793 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsnavy View Post
These langurs by nature are very destructive. While I was in Delhi and also in Pune, I have seen them damage property (cars, shops, etc.) and it was very difficult to shoo them away too probably because they were used to the easy food available around human establishments. Some of folks used to have air guns to scare them away.

Here they seem very peaceful and in their elements. Seems like a totally different breed out there in Mudumalai
Yes Rams, these guys were peaceful.
If you want to see aggression head to Nandi hills. Those monkeys are reall monsters, they even bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
And, do we have to wait until late evening or tomorrow to find out if you landed in any trouble for clicking photos?

Though the board were there, I joined a couple of hifi camera guys and took my pictures. The end result almost 8 car loads of people were clicking away to glory. Since it was at the junction, the police fellows never bothered and we got away..

Everybody clicks - that board was to deter so that no one stops to click and traffic is smooth, the nice police gentleman told me.

At the Mudumalai / Bandipur exit - the Tamilnadu Checkpost fellow peeped into the car and sees the Camera, its too big to hide

CP Fellow : Did you take photo?
Me : Err...Yes!
CP Fellow : Did you get them - those Langurs?
Me : Umm...Yes!
CP Fellow : These days those monkeys pose too much.
Me : Oh!
CP Fellow : It's a long drive to Bangalore?
Me : Yes.
CP Fellow : Thank You
Me : Thank You, relieved.

Last edited by laluks : 16th December 2009 at 10:56.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 11:33   #288
BHPian
 
REMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Permanent Parking: KL01, Temp Parking: KA03
Posts: 60
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Wooow.. Great Snaps Yet again

Great Snap's Lalu Chetta. Especially loved the monkey business.
Just reminded me of those Nandi Hills monsters. Had to part away with my snacks for getting a guy away from the windshield. He was determind to accompany me till my home, unless I shared my snacks.

It would have been a icing on the cake if you had a chance to sight a Leopard.
REMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 12:23   #289
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,793 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMU View Post
Great Snap's Lalu Chetta. Especially loved the monkey business.
Just reminded me of those Nandi Hills monsters. Had to part away with my snacks for getting a guy away from the windshield. He was determind to accompany me till my home, unless I shared my snacks.

It would have been a icing on the cake if you had a chance to sight a Leopard.
Thanks REMU.
Leopard . Thankfully none sighted on the highways
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:13   #290
BHPian
 
Aquarian20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore, India.
Posts: 73
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Wow! Great pictures Lalu. The Pykara Lake is the greenest lake I have ever seen. Nice pictures at Mudumalai/Bandipur.
Aquarian20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 13:47   #291
BHPian
 
srikanthpotluri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 369
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

wow, great pictures laluks, made my day so far.

How is the Mudumalai Bandipur road now. Looks like they have laid new roads most places.
srikanthpotluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 14:37   #292
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,793 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian20 View Post
Wow! Great pictures Lalu. The Pykara Lake is the greenest lake I have ever seen. Nice pictures at Mudumalai/Bandipur.
Thanks Aquarian.
Please refer to the travelogue from genesis - you can see much more greener lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
wow, great pictures laluks, made my day so far.

How is the Mudumalai Bandipur road now. Looks like they have laid new roads most places.
Thanks Srikanth.
Mudumalai to Bandipur, the roads through the forests are perfect. But at the exit at bandipur near Gundulpet side 8KM is a mess.

During my recent travels I found that the rooads inside the forests are done and are good. Muthanga side is fine, Bandipur is fine, Nagarahole was fine.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 17:55   #293
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 588
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Lalu , nice progress with the thread, was busy with work yesterday and i couldnt check the thread. Looking forward to the conclusions. Hey another 14 days to go for this year, can we expect another travelogue?
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 18:00   #294
BHPian
 
Aquarian20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore, India.
Posts: 73
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Thanks Aquarian.
Please refer to the travelogue from genesis - you can see much more greener lake.
Oh yes. I forgot that I had read that one . Yes, nothing can compare to Lonar lake. It indeed is definition for green lake.
Aquarian20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 19:39   #295
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,793 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Lalu , nice progress with the thread, was busy with work yesterday and i couldnt check the thread. Looking forward to the conclusions. Hey another 14 days to go for this year, can we expect another travelogue?
You never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian20 View Post
Oh yes. I forgot that I had read that one, Yes, nothing can compare to Lonar lake. It indeed is definition for green lake.
Me too Agree.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 22:50   #296
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,793 Times
Default

Day 4, November 30th 2009 continued

Bandipur


There were Safaris available from the Forest Department, but we decided to give it a miss.

We saw a herd of elephants captured and taken to training in the near by elephant camp. It was fun watching the elephant family.



The Elephant Family
Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0528.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0530.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0556.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0559.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0560.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0565.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0569.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0575.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0586.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0587.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0600.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0609.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0611.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0616.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0617.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0620.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0634.jpg




Red Riding Hood near the Bandipur Forest Department Office.
Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0644.jpg
Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0647.jpg




Finally we exited Bandipur by 17:30PM and drove towards Bangalore.
Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0648.jpg



We reached Mysore Road by 19:30PM and Bangalore by 21:45PM, thanks to the traffic.


We stopped by at a nice restaurant, had a nice dinner and finally reached home by 23:30PM.






Thus a wonderful trip has come to an end. Ooty still is fresh in our minds, and we have only one thing to say






O O T Y
R O C K S





The END

Last edited by laluks : 16th December 2009 at 22:53.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 00:54   #297
BHPian
 
gomzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 783
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

It seems like those elephant calves were really frolicking around and you captured it so well in your pics.

This was a superb travelogue, great writing and some simply amazing pics. This was like a virtual trip to Ooty for me.

Enjoyed reading it, hope to go there myself someday
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 07:37   #298
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,793 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
It seems like those elephant calves were really frolicking around and you captured it so well in your pics.

This was a superb travelogue, great writing and some simply amazing pics. This was like a virtual trip to Ooty for me.

Enjoyed reading it, hope to go there myself someday
Thank you gomzi for following my logs from the start and encouraging me to continue. I am happy to know you liked it.

Hoping to see some pictures of your Ooty trip soon
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 08:33   #299
BHPian
 
ramsnavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Kudos to you LaluKS for sharing a masterpiece with all of us! Thoroughly enjoyed every bit of detail you had and the photos were the real icing on the cake.

Thanks a ton
ramsnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 08:55   #300
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,793 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsnavy View Post
Kudos to you LaluKS for sharing a masterpiece with all of us! Thoroughly enjoyed every bit of detail you had and the photos were the real icing on the cake.

Thanks a ton
Thanks Rams. Will post some pictures from 2006 as promised. Botanical garden and Rose garden had been visited then.



I'll put up the Distance / Time logs as per the request from Star soon.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swifted : Nelliyampathy via Valparai laluks Travelogues 287 2nd August 2016 17:44
Swifted : Weekend Getaway from Bangalore - Kolli Hills laluks Travelogues 64 2nd June 2010 07:21
Swifted : Coorg laluks Travelogues 83 13th April 2010 22:15
Swifted : Bisle, Belur, Halebid, Chikmagalur, Kemmangundi laluks Travelogues 134 28th January 2010 22:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks