Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 30th December 2009, 12:06   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Spot on and truly deserving for showing us all the beautiful places that we never knew even existed.
Thanks khoj

Quote:
laluks in a micro mini(standard cheer leader uniform)
That award is already given away, so you cannot see me like that .

Last edited by laluks : 30th December 2009 at 12:19.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 19:41   #347
BHPian

Hi lalu

Good pictures, I have been in these places way back in early 90's, So its like revisit to these places once again seeing you the photos.

What is camera that you used to capture these pics.
Roshan_v_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 20:29   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshan_v_k View Post
Hi lalu

Good pictures, I have been in these places way back in early 90's, So its like revisit to these places once again seeing you the photos.

What is camera that you used to capture these pics.
Roshan, Thank you.
Its a Nikon D90
Old 3rd January 2010, 11:15   #349
Senior - BHPian

Hi Laluks

Day before yesterday late evening returned from a 7 day trip to Belur-Halebidu, Coorg, Kotagiri-Coonoor-Ooty, Mysore-Srirangapattana. We were accompanyed by my friend and his family from mumbai.
We travelled in a hired qualis.

This was my Fifth visit to Belur-Halebidu, Third to Mysore, Second to Coorg, First ever to Nilgiries.

I agree with you, Nilgiries is simply the best. I now wonder how i missed this queen of hills all these years. We are still recovering from the mesmerising effect it has left on us.

Thanks man, Your travelogue to Ooty helped me a lot, we could not cover all the attractions visited by you due to time constraints. we were also constrained by the still camera we had, places like these make us think, i wish i had a professional DSLR ?

But Nilgiries are attracting us towards them. We have promised to ourselves that we would return whenever possible, as early as possible, most probably with a better camera.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 3rd January 2010 at 11:27.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 14:32   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Laluks

Day before yesterday late evening returned from a 7 day trip to Belur-Halebidu, Coorg, Kotagiri-Coonoor-Ooty, Mysore-Srirangapattana. We were accompanyed by my friend and his family from mumbai.
We travelled in a hired qualis.

This was my Fifth visit to Belur-Halebidu, Third to Mysore, Second to Coorg, First ever to Nilgiries.

I agree with you, Nilgiries is simply the best. I now wonder how i missed this queen of hills all these years. We are still recovering from the mesmerising effect it has left on us.

Thanks man, Your travelogue to Ooty helped me a lot, we could not cover all the attractions visited by you due to time constraints. we were also constrained by the still camera we had, places like these make us think, i wish i had a professional DSLR ?

But Nilgiries are attracting us towards them. We have promised to ourselves that we would return whenever possible, as early as possible, most probably with a better camera.
Ha, there you are back from the beautiful year end trip.

Yes indeed the Nilgiris have that attraction which gets you back to her often. Hey next time you plan Nilgiris, let me know. May be we could make a plan to the inner areas.

Star, forget the camera. It can only capture the place, but the emotion and memories are ours!

Belated Happy New Year.
Old 7th January 2010, 21:22   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Ooty roads to be open

Coonor Mettupalayam road will be open from Jan 14th. The train service between Ooty and Coonor seems to have started from last Tuesday.

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu / Udhagamandalam News : Bus service resumes on Ooty- Coonoor highway

Salute the spirit of the guys to get Ooty back to life on war footing.

Two months ago Ooty was hit by one of the worst climates and landslides as you guys know.

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0780.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0781.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0782.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0783.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0784.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0785.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0786.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0787.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0788.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0789.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0790.jpg

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0793.jpg
Old 7th January 2010, 22:25   #352
Senior - BHPian

Is that an entire house under the rubble? I hope that people were able to get out safely in time.

How come we never saw this on main stream media who seem to be fixated on either cinema or cricket.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 22:46   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is that an entire house under the rubble? I hope that people were able to get out safely in time.

How come we never saw this on main stream media who seem to be fixated on either cinema or cricket.
Khoj, I have no idea, hopefully not. That's what I saw in Lovedale to Ketty road. This happened 15 days before my travel.
Old 11th January 2010, 04:19   #354
BHPian

Laluks, it's pretty late in the night and I am still not able to get enough of your photos man! They are simply superb!

To be frank I was seeing only the photos. Could not read any description hence I am asking this question. I think you own Nikon D90. But can you please give me some details about the lens/es you use? Any filters? Even in harsh daylight the sky looks pretty blue.

Secondly, I am seeing the resolution and it keeps changing all the time. There is no fixed aspect ratio. Did you use panorama/photo stitch to do these wide angles? with a tripod?

Much appreciate your response. Thanks!
shipnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 07:55   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Laluks, it's pretty late in the night and I am still not able to get enough of your photos man! They are simply superb!

To be frank I was seeing only the photos. Could not read any description hence I am asking this question. I think you own Nikon D90. But can you please give me some details about the lens/es you use? Any filters? Even in harsh daylight the sky looks pretty blue.

Secondly, I am seeing the resolution and it keeps changing all the time. There is no fixed aspect ratio. Did you use panorama/photo stitch to do these wide angles? with a tripod?

Much appreciate your response. Thanks!
Thanks shipnil.

Its just the kit lens, nothing else. No filters yet

Resolution - attribute it to the cropping.

Panorama pictures and stitching I have not yet done, though I have clicked some for that.
Old 11th January 2010, 08:21   #356
BHPian

I am leaving Bangalore for Ooty tomorrow, I can give anyone the latest on road conditions, if anyone is interested. I was told that the Ooty Coonoor road is now open.
shramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 08:43   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
I am leaving Bangalore for Ooty tomorrow, I can give anyone the latest on road conditions, if anyone is interested. I was told that the Ooty Coonoor road is now open.
Let us know if the 10Km stretch after Gundlupet and before Bandipur is done.

Ooty Conoor road was open for traffic some weeks back.

Coonor -Mettupalayam roads as per a news in The Hindu, will open from Jan 14th.
Old 11th January 2010, 09:33   #358
Senior - BHPian

lalu, great to see your thread still active. One month back when i saw it was at 7/8 page and when i see the thread now it has reached 24 pages. way to go man. it is a lesson for many of us on how to keep the thread alive with all the info and pics and good story narration
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 12:09   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
lalu, great to see your thread still active. One month back when i saw it was at 7/8 page and when i see the thread now it has reached 24 pages. way to go man. it is a lesson for many of us on how to keep the thread alive with all the info and pics and good story narration
Hey Shishir, Thanks man.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:23   #360
Senior - BHPian

nice to see the thread becoming stronger day-by-day.So you still have ooty pics saved.
OT:i didn't see your name in the list for yelagiri drive this weekend
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote