Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 13th January 2010, 19:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Great trip log with some fantastic pictures. Turtle Bay is one great place to wind off on weekends
You bet !! I have been visiting this place since 2001 and never seem to have enough of the place and its beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Lovely travelogue and nice pictures Riju. Enjoyed it.
Thanks Dilip. Regarding the Kabini trip , I promise I will try and make it happen soon. Just been held up with work and other mundane work.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 13th January 2010 at 19:09.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 19:41   #47
BHPian

All the pics are fantastic, the Hawk driving through the water is really cool.
yajaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 08:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
In no time we are kannur and I decide to visit the Parassinikkadavu temple. Speak to a friend who is a local and he says " dude you cant go there in shorts and a tee ". Ok there goes my 1st plan for the day through the window. I havent carried anything on the lines of the so called Temple Attire. Well its a good thing that they have such a practice in place. Imagine what an eye candy it would be to find every single person dressed in the typical nadan kasavu mundu.
At Parassinikkadavu you don't require the typical Temple Attire. You can go in any generally accepted dressing style..!! But during the time of your visit, the "Muthappan" was also on tour to another place called "Kunnathur Padi"..!! In earlier days, there used to be no regular pooja at Parassinikkadavu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Another quote from Wiki

Satyan happened to be my guide for the day at the fort. He even showed me his book which was published in Malayalam and I shamelessly had to tell him I dint know how to read malayalam. Asked him to publish a book sometime in English and promised him that I would buy one.
Satyan infact left me in awe when he spoke Dutch and french fluently to a few foreign visitors. We thanked him and left the place.
I have this book. Good one untill one read the "History of Malabar" by William Logan.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 13:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
At Parassinikkadavu you don't require the typical Temple Attire. You can go in any generally accepted dressing style..!! But during the time of your visit, the "Muthappan" was also on tour to another place called "Kunnathur Padi"..!! In earlier days, there used to be no regular pooja at Parassinikkadavu.
By saying generally accepted dressing style am sure you meant anything else other than a tee and shorts . Even when its the Sunday mass I prefer to be dressed in formals.I simply tend respect certain things when it has religious sentiments attached to it. Same with my better half too, shez a Hindu and am a christian and its just that we both respect each others beliefs.

She said no shorts in the temple when my friend confirmed and I said ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
I have this book. Good one untill one read the "History of Malabar" by William Logan.
Need to go book hunting this weekend. Every other place I visited during this road trip had some form of history attached to it.
Old 14th January 2010, 14:33   #50
BHPian

Very detailed and nice travelogue.. Excellent pic too Riju... I felt like i myself traveled virtually
trtraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 09:13   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
All the pics are fantastic, the Hawk driving through the water is really cool.
Definitely worth a visit Rajesh. Try it some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Very detailed and nice travelogue.. Excellent pic too Riju... I felt like i myself traveled virtually
Thanks Tilak.
Old 18th January 2010, 17:08   #52
BHPian

Great report and mindblowing photographs, rjstyles. I live in these parts myself but have never managed to capture such beautiful landscape shots!

Hope you didn't have any trouble with your Scorpio after the Muzhappilangad drive. I was there on 3rd Jan, had a blast splashing water all around, and had a difficult time washing off the salt deposits from the car body once I was back on the road. And you know what, my alternator belt snapped two days later (first it was giving that squeaky noise). The alternator assembly itself had some part damaged and had to be replaced.

Last edited by pjay_in : 18th January 2010 at 17:25.
pjay_in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 12:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thanks pjay for your compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Hope you didn't have any trouble with your Scorpio after the Muzhappilangad drive. I was there on 3rd Jan, had a blast splashing water all around, and had a difficult time washing off the salt deposits from the car body once I was back on the road. And you know what, my alternator belt snapped two days later (first it was giving that squeaky noise). The alternator assembly itself had some part damaged and had to be replaced.
pjay nothing at all pal. We washed her top down for close to 3 hours the next day after I broke my road trip in mysore. We sure had a difficult time cleaning her up , but touch wood nothing went kaput. A day or 2 later we cleaned the engine bay using diesel.
Old 4th February 2010, 17:00   #54
BHPian

Excellent pics. Saw them today. Also seeing your other one (2008 travelogue).

We are contemplating a trip to Bangalore in summer (May 20 -June 15 ). Earlier was thinking to go Kerala and TN from there. But, several travelogues running currently here on coastal Karnataka/ western ghats have made me realize, it'd be prudent to take up this belt first. These areas has got everything.
LongDrive lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 21:44   #55
BHPian

Such quality photos can come from the hands of a very talented photographer only. I do not know how much the camera or the lens used has actually contributed to the class of the photos but you can see dedication, skill and knowledge written everywhere on these photographs - on every one of them. I also use an SLR camera and a good lens for the casual photography, but such photos shall remain a dream.
Sanjay1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 13:26   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Excellent pics. Saw them today. Also seeing your other one (2008 travelogue).

We are contemplating a trip to Bangalore in summer (May 20 -June 15 ). Earlier was thinking to go Kerala and TN from there. But, several travelogues running currently here on coastal Karnataka/ western ghats have made me realize, it'd be prudent to take up this belt first. These areas has got everything.
Well dont give it a miss, do pay a visit to the malnad region during the onset of the 1st monsoon rains. You will love every bit of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay1707 View Post
Such quality photos can come from the hands of a very talented photographer only. I do not know how much the camera or the lens used has actually contributed to the class of the photos but you can see dedication, skill and knowledge written everywhere on these photographs - on every one of them. I also use an SLR camera and a good lens for the casual photography, but such photos shall remain a dream.
Sanjay thanks man , you made my day .
Old 17th February 2010, 01:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay1707 View Post
+1 to that.
Rjstyles, I have long been a fan of your travelogues and each one of your pictures is a joy to watch. I'm so impressed by your nature and landscape photos in previous travelogues that they got me into photography(still taking baby steps), bought a DSLR and some lenses an year ago. I'm totally aware of the fact that camera is just a tool in photographer's hands and salute your framing, composition and the artistic eye.

Thanks for sharing them with us.
live360 is offline   Reply With Quote