Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 31st May 2012, 15:41   #211
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: DRIVOBLOG® |Maiden Drive with HVK (too tempestuous to be Telecasted LIVE!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Why? Do you carry water from home - boiled water I guess?
Yes, either that or ionised water. Whenever I refill, I refill from the local place - like the hotel where I am staying in. All bottles are reused, none thrown away.

Quote:
I know, checking air after a hot run is not correct, but could not understand why do you call it dangerous
Most of the non-automated tyre pressure gauges on the highways are inaccurate and 9/10, I have found they under-state the air filled in, which means you end up over-filling air. Roadside puncture walas are used to inflating truck tyres and have no sense of delicate handling of car tyres. Secondly, I have found they do some stupid things like releasing some of the hot air, then filling with fresh air, saying that it will help cool down the tyre!! When it will actually end up inflating the tyre to some unknown pressure as the hot and cold air mix after some time inside.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 15:17   #212
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: DRIVOBLOG® |Maiden Drive with HVK (too tempestuous to be Telecasted LIVE!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Regrets for the ensuing delay. I assure, the best will come out once I finish working on the remaining lot.
Btirthankar, wonderful narration indeed. Sorry if I have got it wrong or missed something , did you post the last leg of this drive back to Bombay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
You know, NH7 is the longest highway in India, at almost 2,400 kms, running from Varanasi to Kanyakumari - passing the states of UP, MP, MH, AP, KA and TN. Passes the big towns of Jabalpur, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Madurai. In case you like Maths, you will note that NH 7 + NH 6 = NH 9 + NH 4 (or 13)!!
HVK sir, a very simple way to put it - you have many many fans and followers among us! Thanks to your methods and systems in place. Again the same question did we see the end of this trip? (had seen a post talking about getting out of Kerala via Munnar)correct me if I am wrong.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 15:21   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Btirthankar, wonderful narration indeed. Sorry if I have got it wrong or missed something , did you post the last leg of this drive back to Bombay?

HVK sir, a very simple way to put it - you have many many fans and followers among us! Thanks to your methods and systems in place. Again the same question did we see the end of this trip? (had seen a post talking about getting out of Kerala via Munnar)correct me if I am wrong.
Here is the story of the last leg:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1713714 (DRIVOBLOG® |Maiden Drive with HVK (too tempestuous to be Telecasted LIVE!))
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote