Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 23rd March 2010, 22:09   #361
Senior - BHPian

One more prime time soap opera on T (v) -BHP has ended. Only difference is this is Incredible Series in compared with K series soap operas on some our channels.

* it had an incredible title,
* two famous and well known actors in the lead role,
* one ever dependable and reliable charactor actor (your Chevvy),
* great locales (majestic and beautiful rajasthan),
* fantastic retakes (different photographs of the same scene from different angles),
* great stunts (in driving, photographing, in experimenting with food),
* suspense (at the end of every post),
* action (record number of photos, over 360 posts, number of stars/reviews etc),
* subtle but visible romance between the lead actors,
* a great finish (safe, secure, without any mis-hap)
* happy actors as well as viewers
* happy censor board (Mods)
* happy theater owners (over 15000 views and increasing)

Last edited by StarVegabond : 23rd March 2010 at 22:17.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 14:44   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Excellent Travelogue and super Snaps C_L. No words to describe your passion for driving, photography, visiting new place and best of all Sharing it with us in a simple yet very effective way. .
Every time I read your travelogue, I want to jump in my car and drive somewhere. . looking forward to more trips from you.
Thank you very much, Raj. I am very happy that our effort is being appreciated. So when is your Ooty trip going to happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Time to buy a GPS for the Chevy

Along with driving directions, you will also get some interesting stats like avg speed, altitude (of Mt. Abu for example) and so on.
Thanks Smartcat. I somehow prefer the HPS or the Human Positioning System. I have complete faith in HVK. I never lost my way even once when we followed his logs.

When we returned, I took a wrong turn and we suffered. We tend to stop thinking, when we buy a GPS. I don't get lost, I discover new places, as my friend MX6 says!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
clap clap clap clap. Good one C_L. 10015 photos is like 2 hours 46 mins and 55 seconds spent just clicking had you clicked 1 photo per second.
Thank god you were carrying a camera and not a gun.
Nice calculation, MX6. Thanks for the appreciation. It was one hell of an effort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Same here KRRaj, but could not do anything except to enjoy the 35 KM drive between home and office ....

A very good travelogue CL....Its really nice to read the log and travel all the way with you .......

Thanks,
Srini...
Thank you Srini. Thanks for coming with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
CL, that was a heart felt ending to the travelogue. I really wish I could go on a trip to udaipur, but on the other hand you took us for a free ride to udaipur in your travelogue.
You better start writing something or the other soon, else life in office will be really boring for a lot of us .
Thank you very much, Elantra. Udaipur is a must visit place in India. I would rate it very high in terms of beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Well Begun,
Is Half Done.
Once done,
There is a next one!
So where are you going next?
Thanks Ampere. We head back to the south next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
One more prime time soap opera on T (v) -BHP has ended. Only difference is this is Incredible Series in compared with K series soap operas on some our channels.

* it had an incredible title,
* two famous and well known actors in the lead role,
* one ever dependable and reliable charactor actor (your Chevvy),
* great locales (majestic and beautiful rajasthan),
* fantastic retakes (different photographs of the same scene from different angles),
* great stunts (in driving, photographing, in experimenting with food),
* suspense (at the end of every post),
* action (record number of photos, over 360 posts, number of stars/reviews etc),
* subtle but visible romance between the lead actors,
* a great finish (safe, secure, without any mis-hap)
* happy actors as well as viewers
* happy censor board (Mods)
* happy theater owners (over 15000 views and increasing)

Star, thanks a million for a wonderful review of my travelogue. I am speechless! Brilliantly written words! I don't know what else to say!!!
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 16:46   #363
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up A selection of the most beautiful snaps!

Here is a selection of some beautiful snaps from this travelogue, since all the pics are spread across so many pages.

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-1-a_swan_fishing.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-1-oh-these_chips_are_so_good-i_fell_asleep_eating_it.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-2-the_gorgeous_nakki_taal.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-2-thunderbird_landing.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-3-nakki_taal.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-3-view_from_the_watch_tower.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-8-hibiscus.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-8a-whathaveyoubroughtforme.jpg

Name:  9 The Red Glow of the sun Natural colours brought out through my camera.JPG
Views: 970
Size:  192.9 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-9-trevors_tank-beautiful_sky.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-10-see-what-happens-when-you-get-friendly-bull-what-my-shoe.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-10-synchronised_swimming.jpg

Name:  10 Udaipur city view from the palace.JPG
Views: 5164
Size:  272.7 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-11-a_beautiful_scene-bird_in_between_two_boats.jpg

Name:  11 City Palace_Birds flying to their nests.JPG
Views: 910
Size:  145.6 KB

Name:  11 Flying_at_850kmph.JPG
Views: 789
Size:  135.7 KB

Name:  15 Please take me along with you.JPG
Views: 804
Size:  177.4 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-15-silhouette_palm_trees.jpg

Name:  18 Bee in a flower.JPG
Views: 890
Size:  203.3 KB

Name:  19 Flower bed.JPG
Views: 925
Size:  295.6 KB

Name:  19 What a terrific moustache.JPG
Views: 811
Size:  227.6 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-20-sunset.jpg

Name:  22 Jagdish Temple  Birds.JPG
Views: 810
Size:  248.1 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-37-what-sweetheart-my-favourite.jpg

Name:  Bird.JPG
Views: 825
Size:  125.1 KB

Name:  Fateh Sagar Lake  4.JPG
Views: 832
Size:  133.1 KB

Name:  Fateh Sagar Lake  7.JPG
Views: 937
Size:  151.5 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-highway-mount-abu-6.jpg

Name:  Pichola Lake  Camel Ride 10.JPG
Views: 881
Size:  225.9 KB

Name:  Pichola Lake  Camel Ride 12.JPG
Views: 806
Size:  299.8 KB
Old 24th March 2010, 22:15   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Thank you very much, Raj. I am very happy that our effort is being appreciated. So when is your Ooty trip going to happen?
Oh!! You Remember It was done couple of weeks back. Didnt do much there other than lazing around, so didnt start a Travelogue.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 23:18   #365
cLJ
BHPian

Some of the photos and the angles it was captured is excellent. You have a good sense of photography. Congratulations!

CLJ
cLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 01:23   #366
Senior - BHPian

Talking The Best night shots.....

The Best night shots from my travelogue.....

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-1-jag-mandir-night.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-3-sun_hiding_behind_the_clouds.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-4-sun_hiding_behind_the_clouds.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-8-garden_palace_hotel.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-10-garden_hotel.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-11-my_heart_is_overwhelmed_with_joy_because_i_could_see_such_a_scene.jpg

Name:  15  Light trails at Fateh Sagar.JPG
Views: 1083
Size:  240.0 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-19-beautiful_sky_at_sunset_point.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-22-terrific_sky_scape.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-24-beautiful_sky_at_sunset_point.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-26-sun_playing_hide_and_seek.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-beautiful-sunset-birds-flying-back-home.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-brilliant-fireworks-over-lake-palace-1.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-brilliant-fireworks-over-lake-palace-2.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-brilliant-fireworks-over-lake-palace-3.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-brilliant-fireworks-over-lake-palace-4.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-chevy-baby.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-d-lake-palace-leela-palace-night.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-night-view-udaipur-2.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-night-view-udaipur-2b.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-night-view-udaipur-3b.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-night-view-udaipur-3d.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-night-view-udaipur-3g.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-night-view-udaipur-3h.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-night-view-udaipur-6a.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-night-view-udaipur-6c.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-udaipur-night.jpg
Old 25th March 2010, 05:43   #367
Team-BHP Support

Based on what Star mentioned, I have a new name for you two.

"The Incredibles". Just that they are two in number!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-incrediblesphoto.jpg

Come back soon with the next series.

PS: I have taken the liberty to attach a representation of yours best described !

Last edited by ampere : 25th March 2010 at 05:46.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 17:08   #368
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Ampere. I loved the pic. We hope to be back soon with another incredible road trip and another travelogue.

@CLJ, thank you for the compliments. We are very happy that you liked our snaps. We are still learning photography.
Old 25th March 2010, 18:06   #369
Team-BHP Support

CL It was good of you to create the summary snaps. The night snaps really are a treat to watch !
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 12:14   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
CL It was good of you to create the summary snaps. The night snaps really are a treat to watch !
Thanks Ampere. These are some of the best pics from the 360 odd posts in the travelogue. It is to refresh the old readers's memory and to let the new readers know what is inside!

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 26th March 2010 at 12:18.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:57   #371
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Finally...The Palaces in Udaipur....

The last set of pics! The brilliant palaces of Udaipur!

Name:  19 Gate of City Palace.JPG
Views: 672
Size:  199.7 KB

Name:  21 Another balcony in City Palace.JPG
Views: 602
Size:  235.1 KB

Name:  14 Beautiful art work.JPG
Views: 581
Size:  246.9 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-24-zenana-mahal.jpg

Name:  25 Beautiful architecture.JPG
Views: 609
Size:  199.8 KB

Name:  26 Garden for the Queen.JPG
Views: 610
Size:  344.7 KB

Name:  31 Royal room of the King.JPG
Views: 1208
Size:  287.2 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-32-gold-room.jpg

Name:  34 Entrance to the palace.JPG
Views: 559
Size:  177.3 KB

Name:  Boat ride _ Pichola Lake_City Palace and surroundings 12.JPG
Views: 630
Size:  204.9 KB

Name:  Boat ride _ Pichola Lake_City Palace and surroundings 14.JPG
Views: 563
Size:  207.8 KB

Name:  Boat ride _ Pichola Lake_City Palace and surroundings 25.JPG
Views: 596
Size:  261.2 KB

Name:  Boat ride _ Pichola Lake_Lake Palace and surroundings10.JPG
Views: 574
Size:  176.2 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-city-palace-2.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-first-rays-sun-2.jpg

Name:  First rays of the sun  Jag Mandir 2.JPG
Views: 626
Size:  186.4 KB

Name:  Jag Mandir 1.JPG
Views: 574
Size:  191.8 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-jag-mandir-2.jpg

Name:  Jag Mandir 6.JPG
Views: 616
Size:  163.4 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-lake-palace2.jpg

Name:  Lake Palace and surroundings12.JPG
Views: 553
Size:  163.2 KB

Name:  Lake_palace.JPG
Views: 498
Size:  206.2 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-leela-palace-1.jpg

Name:  Leela Palace 2.JPG
Views: 500
Size:  108.8 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-leela-palace-4.jpg

Name:  Sajjan Garh.JPG
Views: 489
Size:  164.6 KB

Name:  Udaipur Jag Mandir.JPG
Views: 487
Size:  231.9 KB

Name:  Uday Vilas 2.JPG
Views: 482
Size:  165.1 KB
Old 31st March 2010, 12:08   #372
BHPian

CL, i am sorry that i am not able to follow the travelogue on a daily basis but i go through each time i log on to the system. Been travelling with relation to the work for the past couple of weeks. Hey the final set of snaps are proving to be collectors items. Congrats..so when is the next trip? Do post soon.
Majic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 14:31   #373
BHPian

CL - Amazing photos. Those last posts of yours covering all the best of the best photos is just....leave it; I dont have right word to describe it.

I so much missed reading this log for last almost a month. I will finish reading this log from my bookmarked page and meanwhile open my dictionary and find out choices of adjectives and superlatives to describe it.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 14:51   #374
Senior - BHPian

Hey Majic, there you are! I was wondering where you were all these days! I want to thank you for your words of appreciation and for all your encouraging comments, right from day 1 of my journey.

The motivation I got from distinguished readers like you, Star, MX6, Ampere, Advait, Raj, Elantra, Srini and countless others, made me spend countless hours in front of my trusty old laptop, writing and fine tuning my story and my photos. I needed close to 10 minutes to process one raw photo, and make it perfect for viewing. So you can imagine the time I spent on the 2000 odd snaps posted here.

Thanks once again to all the silent readers also, who travelled with me!

@Advait, thanks a ton for the appreciation, my friend. As I mentioned above, your words of appreciation were worth a lot and it inspired me to make my log even better.

I would love to hear from you, once you finish reading my log.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:28   #375
BHPian

CL - I finished reading this from where I left last month in single seating. And I did not find time (or did not find it interesting to go back to dictionary) to select right words from there. So, I would repeat what other readers have said.

Ampere : Well Begun,
Is Half Done.
Once done,
There is a next one!

"The Incredibles" are back in Pune. Where to next?

Star : Won't repeat the full stuff. But I second what he said. An incredible Soap Opera (thankfully without the "K" series theme) just ended.

Great Show. Keep it going. You have ready audience.
advaitlele is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote