Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 31st January 2010, 14:44   #16
BHPian

Smile Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
... would have loved more details and narrations,like the trips done earlier where more narrations are included which gave more life...
Thanks @magic. Agreed, this log is short and has more pix than write-up. I'll definitely try and add in a little more description in my future logs. [Since this trip was from late December 09 and I kept postponing the travelogue for almost a month, I rushed it a little and posted in a hurry... ]
hotstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:55   #17
BHPian

Smile Digging up the past...

Normally I try and avoid digging up old threads, but this time I had to add in a pic to this thread to make it a little more complete from a personal angle.

While sorting out some old papers, I found an old pic (probably the only one we still have from this trip.). This was from our first trek to Mullayanagiri, taken on 23rd October 1996:

'Xing'ing around ! - Mullayanagiri to Bababudangiri... after 13 years!-23rdoct1996.jpg

This pic is again from Mullayanagiri, dated 27th December 2009, taken 13 years, 3 months and 5 days after the first one...

'Xing'ing around ! - Mullayanagiri to Bababudangiri... after 13 years!-27thdec2009.jpg

Last edited by hotstuff : 3rd March 2010 at 10:58.
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:19   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a lake close to Baba Budanagiri - did you check it out?

This is from our Mulliyanagiri - Baba Budanagiri - Kemmangundi trek

'Xing'ing around ! - Mullayanagiri to Bababudangiri... after 13 years!-img_0022.jpg
smartcat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is the Gaalikere lake. btw, smartcat, when was this pic taken?
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Jun 2005. It was not fun being bitten by leeches. Those bite marks stayed on my legs for over 3 months.
smartcat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

We went there in August last year and didn't find one leech
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 09:13   #22
BHPian

Smile Galikere lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
There is a lake close to Baba Budanagiri - did you check it out?

This is from our Mulliyanagiri - Baba Budanagiri - Kemmangundi trek

Attachment 299745
@smartcat, we did make a quick visit to Galikere lake. On that day there were quite a few visitors near the place and we scooted from there as soon as possible. With the Budangiri shrine closed for renovation, all visitors are

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Jun 2005. It was not fun being bitten by leeches. Those bite marks stayed on my legs for over 3 months.
Agree... not only does the bite mark stay for quite a long time, they also keep itching for atleast a month or so. I was trying to figure out the reason for the long 'staying power' of leech bites and read somewhere that if the leech drops off on its own, the bite mark will just be a wound which will heal fast.

However if the leech is pulled away by force, it's mouth parts will remain attached to our skin and will cause itching & scarring which may last for quite a while... But then again, my first reaction when I find a leech is to flick it off; so can't help it I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
We went there in August last year and didn't find one leech
Lucky!