Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 2nd February 2010, 10:46   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
the photo showing 160kmph is kind of chilling. I'd not do that no matter how inviting the road is in India.

Yes, I too agree. That's not a safe speed. That was for half a min only, just for that snap, I immediately came down to 130. Thanks for the concern.
LongDrive lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:42   #32
BHPian

After departing from Chittorgarh, we were feeling need for a strong tea at this time. Though there are not many hotels on this route, we spotted a Dhaba and stopped at it as a Honda City was also parked there. I like this scene very much. Stooping on road side dhabas and having tea on a cot with all the dust and truck traffic around!

My son also captured a beautiful sunset after this tea break (Pics already attached in previous posts).

Soon we reached Udaipur city at 6.15 pm (Odo 1057.9). We have not booked advance accommodation t any place. I called RTDC Hotel Kajri to inquire about availability, and surprisingly found vacancy. So I took directions from hotel staff on phone and we reached Kajri at 6.50 pm (Odo 1064). Hotel Kajri was neat & clean, ample parking space, spacious rooms, good homely food (Yes, service from Kitchen takes lil time, but everything comes fresh, hot and clean).

Day 3: Udaipur
We had only one day for Udaipur sightseeing, NOT enough we knew. So we booked RTDC package sight seeing tour previous night itself from Hotel. It had 2 parts: 8.30 am – 1.30 pm, city tour and, after Lunch, 2.15 – 8 pm outside tour to Haldighati, Nathwada and Historical Eklingi Temple.

It was a fast/hectic tour whole day. Obviously, those beautiful palaces and lakes etc, need time to enjoy their full beauty, exactly the way our friend Chevy_lover enjoyed. However, as I wrote in Prologue itself, for us it was more a driving trip then a sightseeing one. So, of course, we'll stop-over sometime in future en route to other destinations and spend more time in those lakes. This time just spending some time as allowed in a combined package tour and clicking some pics in a fast mode, not much time to spend in composing pics. Still, we enjoyed the day. Our camera battery went kaput at Haldighati museum, so not many pics of that place. Of course, in temples, camera is not allowed anyway.

I must mention, being at Haldighati was quite an experience. Though actual historical battle-field is still few kms away in remote velley, but, Raj Govt. has built up a nice Museum at the touris spot at Haldighati. The Museum also has audio-video programmes and guided tour to the Museum, display od local technologies and countrysidelife, etc. Also outside Museum, a brief camel ride with kids was also good (1st time for all of us). The vehicle dripped us back at Hotel at 8.15 pm. We were tired but satisfied to have made the best use of a day.

Some pics are attached. Most of them are self-explainatory.
Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2010, 15:48   #33
BHPian

Default Day 3 pics

Pics of Fateh Sagar lake
Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2010, 15:55   #34
BHPian

Default More pics Day 3

Pics from Saheliyon Ki Badi
Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2010, 16:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful photos, my friend. We need more!!

What was the tariff of RTDC hotel? Do you have any pics? How much did you pay for the tour? What was the mode of transport? How was the food in the hotel? Veg or Non-veg?

And 160 kmph was scary. I could not maintain more than 145 kmph for more than half a minute because of the traffic!!
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:24   #36
BHPian

Thanks for the information on Safari. I have already suggested my friend to buy Safari. My belief is it is the best Indian SUV for India.

The new pictures taken are wonderful. Please keep posting.
yogeshnaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:46   #37
BHPian

Default Udaipur pics continue..

Bhartiya Lok kala Sangrahalaya (Folk Art Museum):

We all enjoyed a nice puppet show here. Kids were all jumping in joy.
Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2010, 17:13   #38
BHPian

Default Udaipur pics continue

City Palace pics

Beautiful city palace, amazing history, meticulous planning, and of course, all that which was so characteristics of Maharajas, i.e. pure luxury.

We were two families and hired a guide at palace for just Rs. 150. It was worth as he explained everything in a concise manner and we were able to complete the palace in that limited time!
Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2010, 17:26   #39
BHPian

Default Udaipur pics continue..

More pics taken from the City palace
Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2010, 17:42   #40
BHPian

Default Udaipur pics continue

Last set of Pics from City palace
Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2010, 17:49   #41
BHPian

Default Last set of pics from Day 3

A Few Haldighati pics..

and the pics of the day are over.

Coming up tomorrow drive to, and sightseeing at, Mt. Abu, with pics, off course!
Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2010, 18:08   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Beautiful photos, my friend. We need more!!

What was the tariff of RTDC hotel? Do you have any pics? How much did you pay for the tour? What was the mode of transport? How was the food in the hotel? Veg or Non-veg?

And 160 kmph was scary. I could not maintain more than 145 kmph for more than half a minute because of the traffic!!
C_L. Here are answers:

1. RTDC Kajri tariff was Rs. 1100/-per day + tax (D Bed Non AC, includes break fast for 2 persons).
2. Tour charges were, Rs. 140 per head for city tour, and Rs. 200 per head for outside tour (Haldighati, Nathdwara and Eklingji).
3. They took us in a Tata Sumo, if more number of tourist are there, they arrange a bigger vehicle like mini bus type..
4. Food was excellent at Kajri. It was more homely type, not exotic, so of our liking (But its a subjective thing). We took Veg. But, I think they also serve non-veg! I am lil confused about it
5. Rooms were spacious, clean with Guessers.
6. Ample parking space.
7. A few snaps of room and parking lot are attached.
Attached Images

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 2nd February 2010 at 18:10.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:36   #43
BHPian

Default Day 4

Drive to Mt. Abu and Sight seeing

We started fresh from Udaipur (Trip Odo 1064, time 8.10 am), and after asking for directions in city, finally got on to beautiful 4 lane highway (NH 76). I have read few travelogues on Udaipur and Mt. Abu and was expecting some read widening work in progress on this stretch. But, to our surprise, except 1 km, we kept waiting for those diversions which never came! It was a super smooth drive with almost zero traffic!

Filled at a beautiful new HP bunk just before exiting this superb 4 lane higway (to Palanpur, GJ). After that took a right turn from below highway at Abu Road for Mt. Abu (Signage is small green board on left side just before flyover, you will miss, if not consious, we too missed but stopped just in time and reversed few meters). It was 10.40 am (Odo 1200). From here, it is 25 kms drive on old road, most of which is ghat road.

Finally reached Mt. Abu at 11.25.

Now few pics.

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 3rd February 2010 at 15:37.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:50   #44
BHPian

Day 4 Pics. Drive to Mt. Abu.
Attached Images

Old 3rd February 2010, 15:55   #45
adc
Senior - BHPian

That is a great family driving holiday LDL. Surely you have already thought about where to head next! Safari rides are addictive to say the least.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote