Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 23rd January 2012, 10:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Trip Log - Pune - Indore - Mandsaur - Bhopal - Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by root View Post
The only trouble is in the routes I took between Nashik and Pune (and I took two different routes, one using the Chakan Sangamner route which I believe is avoidable for vehicles with low ground clearance, and while returning via Mumbai and taking the Mumbai-Pune expressway which is a better option except while bypassing Mumbai and for some section of the Agra Highway before Nashik where 4 laning is still happening). Beyond Nashik this is a great road to Dhule, and beyond Dhule, till the MP border, the 4 laning is still happening in patches and you will need to slow down. Once you are across into MP, it is good all the way to Indore. Work is still on in the Indore bypass till almost Dewas. The Dewas bypass is 2 laned. Beyond this, the Dewas-Bhopal 4 laned highway is superb and is lovely to drive on.
Thank you.
Similar vehicles, similar concerns.
Yes, Pune Nasik is horrible these days and I once tried Kalamboli and it was even worse!

BTW, where did you stay overnight?
I am looking for decent hotel in Indore and Bhopal. You know any?

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Pune-Nashik-Malegaon-Dhule-Sendhwa-Damnod-Indore-Dewas-Bhopal is the route to take.

If you are worried about heavy traffic n NH50 from Pune to Nashik, then take the route via Ahmednagar & Aurangabad to Dhule.

Petrol pumps - nothing specific to recommend.
HVK sir, thank you.
OK, so all clear beyond Nasik? That's good to know.
How is the road from Aurangabad to Dhule? Can I pass safely without scraping the ground?

And again, from your vast experience, any decent, clean not so expesive places to stay (Indore and Bhopal)?

Thank you once again.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
HVK sir, thank you.
OK, so all clear beyond Nasik? That's good to know.
How is the road from Aurangabad to Dhule? Can I pass safely without scraping the ground?

And again, from your vast experience, any decent, clean not so expesive places to stay (Indore and Bhopal)?

Thank you once again.
Yes, the roads are all fine including Aurangabad-Dhule-Indore.

Staying in Indore - lots of options, depending on your budget. Hotel Sreemaya is considered one of the better hotels.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:19   #18
BHPian

I would suggest taking Pune - Nagar - Shirdi - Manmad - Malegaon -Dhule route.
Last week cousin of mine took this route took 12 hrs to reach Indore(in Wagon R) with around an hour lunch break. Bhopal would take another 3 hours from Indore.

Hotels in Bhopal -- Check in new bhopal area - Maharana Pratap Nagar has some decent ones.
mm403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
BTW, where did you stay overnight?
I am looking for decent hotel in Indore and Bhopal. You know any?
Hi Anand

Not sure of the hotels in Bhopal as I have folks there. We stayed at the Radisson in Indore

Regards
Vijay
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Staying in Indore - lots of options, depending on your budget. Hotel Sreemaya is considered one of the better hotels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Hotels in Bhopal -- Check in new bhopal area - Maharana Pratap Nagar has some decent ones.
Thank you so much.
Will check out.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote