Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 14th April 2010, 18:37   #271
BHPian

Default Invitation to participate in "Jungle Book" - The Wildlife Photography Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
OK!! Finally was able to get my hands on a few of the pictures taken at Bandhavgarh.
wow that looks llike one of the Mirchani Cubs.
Looks like you have had an amazing sighting in Bandhavgad.

Here's a photograph of one of its siblings.
This is not my pic.
Copyright of respective photographers.

Name:  rockstar.jpg
Views: 1555
Size:  170.8 KB

Looking at these wonderful pics posted on this forum I would like to invite entries for a national level photography competition and exhibition that we here in Nagpur are organising on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd May 2010.

Let this be a formal invitation to all you wildlife crazy folks to participate and showcase your work in "Jungle Book" - The National Level Wildlife Photography Exhibition and Competition

You can check out the event details here Login | Facebook

And here is the event poster :
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-postexr1-copy.jpg

You can send in a minimum 2 and maximum 5 entries. Please print your entries ( size 18 inches X 12 inches ) , print out the entry form from our website www.wildcatsnatureclub.com, fill it and and send to the following address in an envelope along with the entry fees (Rs. 50/- per photograph) :

Dr. Abheek Ghosh
D/4, Neeri Campus,
Nagpur-440020
Maharashtra
India.

Please append a border and your copyright status on each printed image that you send.
Please email a 300dpi resolution jpeg copy of the images that you send to dr.abheek@gmail.com and varunthakkar156@gmail.com. These digital images will be screened on a large LCD screen at the venue apart from the hard copies which will be displayed.
Please include a caption with each image on the back of the photograph that you send but don't print the caption on the photograph body.
Please read the rules and regulations and download the entry form from www.wildcatsnatureclub.com

The entry fees collected from this event will go to fund the Tiger cub rehab project and the various conservation activities of our club.

Please participate in huge numbers for a good cause.

regards,
Dr. Abheek Ghosh

Note to moderators : I hope this is not in violation to the posting rules of this forum. If found inappropriate, please delete this.

Last edited by abheekg : 14th April 2010 at 18:42.
abheekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 13:58   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post

You can still try this year. Whats stopping you from making this trip ?

Well. 2 reasons really!

No. 1: no moolah as my gf is equally interested in wildlife and will get killed if I go alone So will have to finance 2 people which is not feasable right now as I am saving for a trip to China (part official + rest to cover Beijing on my own expense).

How much do you think it will cost for 2 nights 3 days for 2 people there and also travelling from Nagpur?

No. 2: time is of essense here. No point if I cant spare 2-3 days there apart from the days spent on travelling from Bangalore.

Hence I have to be contempt with seeing your photos for now :(
sarmarishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 14:46   #273
BHPian

@abheekg: Yes it is the Mirchiani cub. Could you tell me if Tadoba is open for tourists in June coz I am planning a quick trip some time in June first week.
SPARKled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 14:52   #274
BHPian

Some more from my trip to Bandhavgarh:
Attached Thumbnails
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-dsc_5571.jpg  

Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-dsc_5584.jpg  

Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-dsc_5606.jpg  

Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-dsc_5601.jpg  

Old 15th April 2010, 15:23   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Some more from my trip to Bandhavgarh:
Great snaps!! Sigh I can only Can someone please sponsor me!

Mods: I know I exceeded my smileys but just for this one post. Had to!
Old 17th April 2010, 08:56   #276
Senior - BHPian

Sparkled,
Good shots of the Tigers and the Crested Serpent Eagle. I see, you are equally a 'bird man'.
Just need to ask you...(the tigress and the prey pic.) could you not get a shot of the hunt in action?

Dr. Ghosh,
Again the ground level shot of the tiger cub by Ramakrishnan takes the No.2 spot on this entire thread...preceded by the No. 1 shot of the male tiger by Upjeet Singh.

Please continue.

Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 12:24   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Sparkled,
Good shots of the Tigers and the Crested Serpent Eagle. I see, you are equally a 'bird man'.
Just need to ask you...(the tigress and the prey pic.) could you not get a shot of the hunt in action?
Yes I am an avid birder and tigers were not the only things of interest at Bandhavgarh for me. I do have some more shots of the kill as well as the other kill of the male Sambhar stag, but my netbook is currently at Nagpur and the posted pictures are the few I got to office to post. Also I was busy taking video footage of both the kills so did not take too many during the kill.

Off-topic: I am thinking of going to Tadoba in June 2nd week. Is the park open then?
Old 20th April 2010, 22:01   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Off-topic: I am thinking of going to Tadoba in June 2nd week. Is the park open then?
I too am interested in visiting Tadoba - made so popular by Mr Fazal Ali & Mr Abheek. Could someone however guide me on whether the route from Hyderabad via Ramagundam - Chandrapur is safe especially in view of the fact that the route passes via Adilabad District and Tadoba is virtually next door to Gadchiroli ( all troubled areas?)
rainthreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 07:26   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainthreat View Post
I too am interested in visiting Tadoba - made so popular by Mr Fazal Ali & Mr Abheek. Could someone however guide me on whether the route from Hyderabad via Ramagundam - Chandrapur is safe especially in view of the fact that the route passes via Adilabad District and Tadoba is virtually next door to Gadchiroli ( all troubled areas?)
Rainthreat,
That is the route we took as it is the shortest between here to there and it is 100% safe, traffic density is low and the highway too is good.
Take plenty of water as you are passing the hottest place in A.P. (Ramagundam).
Endure the heat and see wildlife plentiful as the waterholes are bone dry.
Regards,
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:26   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Great snaps!! Sigh I can only Can someone please sponsor me!

Mods: I know I exceeded my smileys but just for this one post. Had to!
Be my guest sarmarishi. I travel to these parks every weekend. you just have to plan to reach nagpur on any saturday morning and join me from there on.
I mean it.

Quote:

Dr. Ghosh,
Again the ground level shot of the tiger cub by Ramakrishnan takes the No.2 spot on this entire thread...preceded by the No. 1 shot of the male tiger by Upjeet Singh.

Please continue.

Regards,
Sir I am sorry about the sudden drop in my posting as I am a little held up these days organising the national level event that we are having in may.
I have managed to get some tiger cub mock hunting pics in Pench which I will upload shortly.

Quote:
Yes I am an avid birder and tigers were not the only things of interest at Bandhavgarh for me. I do have some more shots of the kill as well as the other kill of the male Sambhar stag, but my netbook is currently at Nagpur and the posted pictures are the few I got to office to post. Also I was busy taking video footage of both the kills so did not take too many during the kill.

Where in Nagpur ? Can I sneek a peek ?
Tadoba will be open in june 2nd week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainthreat View Post
Quote:
Rainthreat,
That is the route we took as it is the shortest between here to there and it is 100% safe, traffic density is low and the highway too is good.
Take plenty of water as you are passing the hottest place in A.P. (Ramagundam).
Endure the heat and see wildlife plentiful as the waterholes are bone dry.
Regards,
Security on this route is a non issue.
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:07   #281
Senior - BHPian

what awesome thread and what awesome photos. started following this thread before i joined t-bhp and even now remains favourite. kudos to Faizal saab and Dr. Ghosh. But as of now I can only read and salivate as any long tours are ruled out for another year. And am trying to finish off covering sanctuaries in south. No luck with Tigers recently except for sighting 2 adolescents at BR Hills 2 years back. Hope to make it to Tadoba by next March

Praveen
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 15:24   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Be my guest sarmarishi. I travel to these parks every weekend. you just have to plan to reach nagpur on any saturday morning and join me from there on.
I mean it.
Thanks so much for the offer Abheek. It will be great to accompany you and learn from the extensive knowledge that you have gathered so far. I am honoured. I will try to work something out and let you know. Please PM me your schedule so I can fix something accordingly and let you know.

As of now, I am planning on going to Nagarhole to clean up a village as part of 'Save the Tiger'. Not too sure yet on that. Will keep you posted.

ALSO WANTED TO ASK YOU: Can I send in some money even if I dont want to participate in the photo exhibition towards the rehabilitation for the Tiger cubs? Do let me know. Would love to do an online transfer or send a cheque to you if possible. Thanks.

Last edited by sarmarishi : 22nd April 2010 at 15:27.
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:53   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much for the offer Abheek. It will be great to accompany you and learn from the extensive knowledge that you have gathered so far. I am honoured. I will try to work something out and let you know. Please PM me your schedule so I can fix something accordingly and let you know.

As of now, I am planning on going to Nagarhole to clean up a village as part of 'Save the Tiger'. Not too sure yet on that. Will keep you posted.

ALSO WANTED TO ASK YOU: Can I send in some money even if I dont want to participate in the photo exhibition towards the rehabilitation for the Tiger cubs? Do let me know. Would love to do an online transfer or send a cheque to you if possible. Thanks.
If you can sms me your number on 09960332228 then I will keep you posted about my plans.
Thank you so much for your kind offer. There is really a need for more philanthropists like to to come forward for this cause. Please check your pm

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:43   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
what awesome thread and what awesome photos. started following this thread before i joined t-bhp and even now remains favourite. kudos to Faizal saab and Dr. Ghosh. Hope to make it to Tadoba by next March
Praveen
Praveen,
Thanks, it is our privilege and pleasure to get Tadoba and Pench to you guys. Too tied up with work this season otherwise Tadoba would be where I would be.
Central India is the place for tiger sightings, especially since Tadoba and Pench are tiger rich and small sized.
Bandharvagarh...Yes do make it there if you are going up to the above two reserves, as the reports coming from there are excellent sightings and happenings.
Quote:

Sarmarishi,
Yes Dr. Ghosh is very experienced there and most helpful even to people he has met for the first time.
Let us know the animal movement at Nagarahole.
Your gesture of contributing for the cause is very noble indeed.
Regards,
Old 23rd April 2010, 23:53   #285
BHPian

Quote:
If you can sms me your number on 09960332228 then I will keep you posted about my plans.
Thank you so much for your kind offer. There is really a need for more philanthropists like to to come forward for this cause. Please check your pm

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
Abheek.. As discussed over phone, 2-3 of us as of now will be pulling in whatever little we can every month to send to you. Thanks.