Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 24th April 2010, 04:42   #286
BHPian

Default Invitation to attend Junge Book @ Nagpur followed by jungle safari on 1st and 2nd May

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Abheek.. As discussed over phone, 2-3 of us as of now will be pulling in whatever little we can every month to send to you. Thanks.

Thats a wonderful news guys.
We look forward to more such gestures. will speak to you about this tomorrow.

In the meanwhile let me invite all of you to the inauguration and subsequent exhibition of some of the best wildlife photographs from all over the country that we are displaying from 1-3 May 2010 in Nagpur.
Images of the Indian wilds by some of the top wildlife photographers will be on display apart from the entries received in the competition.

I hereby take this opportunity to invite you all for this event.
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-final-invi2-copy.jpg

You can try to make it to Nagpur on 30th April (Friday Night) or 1st May (saturday) or 2nd (sunday) to get a glimpse of the biodiversity of our country in this exhibition
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-jungle-book-event-poster.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing atleast some of you.

Interested participants may reach nagpur on friday night or saturday morning to view the exhibition and then may be transferred to Pench for 2 rounds of Jungle safari in one of the finest tiger habitats in this country.

Lets have a head count of people who are interested in this plan.

Finally, sharing with you all - an image taken at Pench which I had been sitting on all this while
Enjoy.

This one's a rarity.

5 tigers on the move in 1 frame.......Pench
Name:  5 tigers in 1 frame.........Pench.jpg
Views: 2373
Size:  108.7 KB
Try to spot the 5th tiger in this .

warm regards,
Dr. A Ghosh

Last edited by abheekg : 24th April 2010 at 04:44.
abheekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 05:55   #287
BHPian

Dr Abheek

One of the best pictures I have seen. The fifth tiger (cub) is in the background between tiger cub 1 and the mother.
rainthreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 07:09   #288
BHPian

Dr. Ghosh. Hope I got it right.
Attached Images

srimath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 09:12   #289
BHPian

its between the 1st cub and the mother in the background!

BTW a brilliant shot. How did you manage to get it from the ground level?

Last edited by sarmarishi : 24th April 2010 at 09:14.
sarmarishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 19:45   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainthreat View Post
Dr Abheek

One of the best pictures I have seen. The fifth tiger (cub) is in the background between tiger cub 1 and the mother.
Thanks . you got that right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
Dr. Ghosh. Hope I got it right.
yeah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
its between the 1st cub and the mother in the background!

BTW a brilliant shot. How did you manage to get it from the ground level?
Thank you rishi. Come with me and i'll tell you how to do it ;-)

A few people are starting from hyderabad on 30th evening/night and reaching on 1st may morning to check out the exhibition followed by 1 day in pench. Let me know who else is interested so that I can put all of you in touch with each other.

regards,
Abheek
Old 27th April 2010, 03:04   #291
BHPian

Default Auction of Photographs for fund generation for conservation

We are being overwhelmed with entries from all over the country including some by the best wildlife photographers of India.

Last date of submission extended by 1 day : submit your entries by EOD 27 April 2010

Event associated with UNEP International Year of Biodiversity - Home to promote biodiversity conservation in India.

FM radio station 94.3 MY FM to cover this event on air from 27th April to 3 May.

Interview of Dr. Abheek Ghosh & Team Wildcats on 94.3 MY FM on 1st May 2010.

We have planned an auction of 5 photographs taken by me at the exhibition and and the Proceeds from the auction of these photographs will be donated to the Maharashtra forest department and invested directly in wildlife conservation and environmental educational activities of Wildcats.

I will shortly put up the shortlisted photographs here . Let me know if anybody is interested in purchasing high resolution prints of these images to contribute for a noble cause.

regards,
Dr. Abheek Ghosh
Attached Thumbnails
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-iyb-logo-high-res.jpg  

Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-un-logo-high-res.png  

Attached Images

Old 28th April 2010, 13:52   #292
BHPian

guys, four of us are planning to reach chandrapur on saturday morning. we will take a quick look at the exibition and then probably goto tadoba for evening safari. as per the exibition plan, on sunday everyone is going for pench. which one is better to spot a tiger? tadoba or pench. this is our first safari trip, so pardon if my questions look silly
highwaylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 08:20   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
guys, four of us are planning to reach chandrapur on saturday morning. we will take a quick look at the exibition and then probably goto tadoba for evening safari. as per the exibition plan, on sunday everyone is going for pench. which one is better to spot a tiger? tadoba or pench. this is our first safari trip, so pardon if my questions look silly
Highwaylover,

Tadoba.

As the water holes there are drier than a bone, the water pans being filled by the park officials will get you sightings 100% just by the roadside.

Chances more than Pench as the terrain here is plain and grass, since the grass has dried out you have plain, plains.

If you are going to Pench, go to MP Pench, you will have more sightings than Maharashtra Pench.

You are halting at Nagpur for the photo exib., Dr. Ghosh will be most informative and helpful.

And.....the question is not silly.

Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 29th April 2010 at 08:21.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 11:30   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Highwaylover,

Tadoba.

As the water holes there are drier than a bone, the water pans being filled by the park officials will get you sightings 100% just by the roadside.

Chances more than Pench as the terrain here is plain and grass, since the grass has dried out you have plain, plains.

If you are going to Pench, go to MP Pench, you will have more sightings than Maharashtra Pench.

You are halting at Nagpur for the photo exib., Dr. Ghosh will be most informative and helpful.

And.....the question is not silly.

Regards,
There are good sightings going on in both the parks. I'm sorry i have not been able to post frequent updates here as i am busy with my event.

Please be updated about whats happening at my end by checking this Login | Facebook out .

Highwayover, If you are a beginner , I would recommend you to go to pench , as pench will help you appreciate indian jungles in all her glory better than tadoba at this moment.
Fazal bhai we dont want highwaylover to become tiger centric and so i recommend that we should suggest him to go to pench instead of tadoba where there will be a heady mix of other animals also apart from the tiger ;-)

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
Old 29th April 2010, 16:55   #295
BHPian

Thanks Dr.Ghosh for your suggestion. I would like to stick to Tadoba for this trip as two guys already dropped out and also the time i have got compressed. i will probably join the hyderabad group for a pench trip next weekend.

Now the biggest problem i am facing is accomodation and vehicle. can i take my own car with a guide in it? (i have a getz).
Old 29th April 2010, 21:19   #296
BHPian

Just now called saras, he said there is a strike and park is closed. if things resolve then there is slight chance of gates opening tomorrow
Old 30th April 2010, 23:56   #297
BHPian

I saw a bit on NDTV news about the tiger - man conflict in Tadoba. Uncooperative mining companies are a problem it seems.
NDTV's Save Our Tigers Campaign: Latest News

Poor governance can be as dangerous as a poacher.
bornin70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 15:44   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornin70s View Post
Poor governance can be as dangerous as a poacher.
Bornin70s,
Poor governance is a thousand times more fatal than poaching.
Our goverment is doing precious little to save tigers, their primary aim should be first saving the forest from free land gifts to encroachers under the Tribal Rights Act, deforestation, timber cutting and smuggling, cattle grazing, human settlements, mining, dams, construction etc.

The above list can go on, but most hard hitting and a sure destruction of forests in India is can be attributed to the recently introduced Tribal Rights Act, the vote bank is most precious for any government that is in the center than the forest or the tiger. PERIOD.
Regards,
Old 1st May 2010, 18:35   #299
BHPian

Just saw this on NDTV website "NDTV impact: Buffer zone for Tadoba Tiger park"
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 08:50   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
Fazal bhai we dont want highwaylover to become tiger centric and so i recommend that we should suggest him to go to pench instead of tadoba where there will be a heady mix of other animals also apart from the tiger.
Dr, Ghosh,
That's a good advice to highwaylover, there is more diversity visible in Pench.
Keep up the good work and wish you success for your event.
Regards,