Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 24th May 2010, 23:08   #871
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Car sold? so soon?

Who bought it?

Looks like we will get to see more adventure with coming travelogues since you are buying a Skoda now Car broke down, Dealer cheated.. etc etc
More on the lines like, Jacked up and was changing the punctured wheel, Jagga launches on to first gear and tries driving off on 3 wheels. Sold car finally to Jagga.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 05:59   #872
Team-BHP Support

Cat, So are the stories over?
No more in the magician's bag?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:34   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
1) Yeah, never had contaminated fuel issues, in any state. Is it a big issue for many?

2) We never order mineral water/packaged drinking water either - we just have whatever water that is served in the restaurants. However, in Kerala, all restaurants serve some kind of coloured warm water (to prevent water borne diseases I guess) which we didn't like. So we ordered packaged drinking water only in Kerala.

I guess both the car & its passengers have cast iron fuel tank/stomachs

hehe! I already paid an advance and bought an used vehicle - the car will be mine on Saturday. It is comfortable, should be fairly reliable but not sure about maintenance & 8 years troublefree experience.

Hint: It has traction control !!
Even I don't like that colored water. My mother in law used to give that to me (even though we are not from Kerala but from Udupi), after constant protest she stopped giving that to me.

So are you buying your favorite Skoda Octavia? I hope you have a trouble free experience.
vnk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:38   #874
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
Even I don't like that colored water. My mother in law used to give that to me (even though we are not from Kerala but from Udupi), after constant protest she stopped giving that to me.
Constant protest with mother in law? Sorry couldn't help noticing.

You should have tried what SmartCat tried with his father in law instead of the constant protests.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:28   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey my MIL is very nice - she doesn't force feed me that coloured warm water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Cat, So are the stories over?
No time for Team-BHP (not just the travelogue section) unfortunately - too many things to do.

Skoda? Um, no. Managed not to fall in that trap. But I think I chose a bigger hole to fall into - I bought this instead.

Name:  pic1.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  26.6 KB

MX6: I'm getting a ribbon for my used car too, like the one you got for your used ikon. I asked.

Last edited by smartcat : 25th May 2010 at 15:30.
smartcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 15:40   #876
MX6
Senior - BHPian

You bought a wheel instead? So what's the plan? Buy one part at a time and assemble it? Looks like a Sonata. Can be a verna as well. Well how about elantra. I guess this is the Elantra.

Get a red ribbon.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:42   #877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Well how about elantra. I guess this is the Elantra.
Quite close! But not exactly.

Name:  pic2.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  41.9 KB
Old 25th May 2010, 15:54   #878
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Oh boy. Don't tell me it's an accent.
And how come your car is green inside and grey outside? Got sun tanned is it?
Old 25th May 2010, 16:02   #879
BHPian

Thumbs up

Oh boy have you got a used Hyundai Tuscan? Looks to be a big car with good ground clearance, Seems you are getting ready for some more thousands of Kilometers of travel across the mainland India
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 16:06   #880
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Don't think he'd have gone for a Tuscan. He was having restricted budget I guess.
But if it's a Tuscan, I'd love to see Jagga driving it.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:07   #881
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Don't think he'd have gone for a Tuscan. He was having restricted budget I guess.
But if it's a Tuscan, I'd love to see Jagga driving it.
Its a Tuscon. He said pre-owned.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 16:10   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

Chey Chey MX6 -> You need to go back to school. Can't even recognize a Tucson? It literally flew off the shelves when it was launched - sold in millions I think.

Yeah arishi1/ampere - bought an used Hyundai Tucson. Has AWD and traction control. Now I'm finally ready to handle the tough Raid De Himalaya rivalling offroading circuit in India - the Bangalore Mangalore National Highway.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:15   #883
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chey Chey MX6 -> You need to go back to school. Can't even recognize a Tucson? It literally flew off the shelves when it was launched - sold in millions I think.
Hmm. The Tucson came to my mind first. But then you were looking at a small car more like a hatchback and blah blah. So I was looking at what can have traction control from Hyundai which is actually a hatchback. Then thought maybe you did go for a sedan.
I'll ask Mazhar to drive your Tucson from the dealer's place to your home as a reward for having me fooled right from the beginning about your budget and small car and related stories.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:32   #884
Distinguished - BHPian

Who is Mazhar? That name rings a bell.

Yeah, looked at new small diesel cars (punto, i20, fabia) first, then new mid-size diesel cars (manza, dzire), then used large-sized diesel cars (octavia, elantra, even Innova) and then finally when it came to deciding among the lot, I chose the Hyundai Tucson

Which, by the way, is a mix of all three - price of a new diesel small car (around Rs. 9 Lacs), size of a mid-size diesel car (4.4 metres) and space of a large-sized diesel car (500 litre bootspace like Octavia, excellent legroom like that of Innova)

Last edited by smartcat : 25th May 2010 at 16:34.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:58   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Who is Mazhar? That name rings a bell.

Yeah, looked at new small diesel cars (punto, i20, fabia) first, then new mid-size diesel cars (manza, dzire), then used large-sized diesel cars (octavia, elantra, even Innova) and then finally when it came to deciding among the lot, I chose the Hyundai Tucson

Which, by the way, is a mix of all three - price of a new diesel small car (around Rs. 9 Lacs), size of a mid-size diesel car (4.4 metres) and space of a large-sized diesel car (500 litre bootspace like Octavia, excellent legroom like that of Innova)
Wonderful selection . Perfect vehicle for Bangalore-Mangalore stretch. But as pointed out earlier why is gray from outside and green from inside?

I have been avoiding taking my car to Udupi due to bad roads. First it was my old Wagon-R which probably would not have handled the craters. Now with my new ANHC I treat it like a baby since its new and don't want to hurt it by taking it on those roads. But I guess the shiradi ghat section is ok now, isn't it? Bangalore Hassan stretch I heard is all dug up for 6 laning.
vnk77 is offline   Reply With Quote