Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:04   #46
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,609 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Superb pics! Yes, Ooty does have it's own charm even today, inspite of what people say.
+1 to that. I have two favourite places. One is Ooty and other is Chikmagalur! You can keep going any number of times and you will never get tired.

From that point of view one should RETIRE in Mysore.
Its the hub for all places to go to!
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:35   #47
BHPian
 
hotstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Campus @ IIMA !
Posts: 354
Thanked: 53 Times
Thumbs up Thanks!

DD, thanks for the lovely travelogue! Seconding what Laluks already mentioned about reliving his trips through your eyes, I too remembered a recent trip through your pics... Not a proper Ooty trip, but a trek to the Mukurthi peak near Ooty...

In a couple of your pics from 'Shooting Medu', I could see the unmistakable sharp nose like profile of Mukurthi.

Links to your pics that I am referring to:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-p1000796.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-p1000806.jpg


Thanks again!
Sanjay
hotstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:42   #48
BHPian
 
dreamdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 420
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Amazing trip DD.
Me and my powerpuff girls were reliving our trip through your eyes.
Thank you Lalu. Glad everybody enjoyed the travelogue. Dinner meet pending from me sir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Superb pics! Yes, Ooty does have it's own charm even today, inspite of what people say.
Thats true PearlJam. Ooty has something special for every tourist who visit the place. We staying in Bangalore are truely fortunate of the possibility of visiting Ooty regularly, because of the short distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
+1 to that. I have two favourite places. One is Ooty and other is Chikmagalur! You can keep going any number of times and you will never get tired.

From that point of view one should RETIRE in Mysore.
Its the hub for all places to go to!
Sir, I am having serious plans of settling down somewhere in the Nilgiris after retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
DD, thanks for the lovely travelogue! Seconding what Laluks already mentioned about reliving his trips through your eyes, I too remembered a recent trip through your pics... Not a proper Ooty trip, but a trek to the Mukurthi peak near Ooty...

In a couple of your pics from 'Shooting Medu', I could see the unmistakable sharp nose like profile of Mukurthi.

Links to your pics that I am referring to:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-p1000796.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-p1000806.jpg


Thanks again!
Sanjay
Thanks Sanjay. yes the peak looked pretty prominent (sharp nose) when viewing the hill range from Shooting Medu. Was not aware it was the Mukruthi Peak. Loved the pictures from you trek to Mukruthi Peak, especially the ones taken from the top of the peak.
dreamdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:50   #49
BHPian
 
dreamdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 420
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Emerald Lake/Dam - Panorama

Took two photograph in Panorama mode in this entire Road trip. The one at Kodaikanal Lake did not come out well as its was during dusk, no proper lighting. This one taken at Emerald Lake. Taken handheld (No Tripod)...

Bangalore - Kodaikanal/Ooty/Coonoor/Kotagiri again for the 3rd time in Swift D!!!-panorama-3.jpg
Emerald lake/Dam - Panoramic view
dreamdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 06:38   #50
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,609 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post

Sir, I am having serious plans of settling down somewhere in the Nilgiris after retirement
Sir if you retire in Nilgiris there will be no hill station to drive to ! If you find a place do count me in

PS: OK you can drive to Himalayas or the beaches !
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 13:34   #51
BHPian
 
krish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin/Bangalore
Posts: 608
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Wonderful trip log again DD.

You have inspired me to go on a vacation this summer and Ooty will most probably shortlisted. There are lot of places there which aren't tourist crowded and I generally look out for such places.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 13:43   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
Chevy_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Köln
Posts: 1,209
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Great travelogue and great pics DreamDiesel. Loved the panorama shot. Your travelogue brought back a flood of sweet memories. We deliberately avoided visiting Avalanche and GlenMorgan, during our 3 week long trip to Kodai and Ooty. Your pics gave us great motivation! Now we have one more reason to head back to the 'Queen of Hill Stations'!

IMO, you could have added some more photos! I posted 1280+ photos in my travelogue!

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 24th February 2010 at 13:59.
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 14:40   #53
BHPian
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 492
Thanked: 279 Times
Default

Wonderful Pictures and a great Travelogue DD. I love Ooty (Nilgiris) too. So they have repaired the road from Mettupalayam to Ooty. Every time there is a rain, this road gets a landslide.

But actually this road is broader than the Kotagiri road.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 15:04   #54
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,609 Times
Default

Never get tired of the Emerald lake snaps. Great!
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 15:14   #55
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,801 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Sir, I am having serious plans of settling down somewhere in the Nilgiris after retirement
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sir if you retire in Nilgiris there will be no hill station to drive to ! If you find a place do count me in

Guys count me in too
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 18:25   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 719
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Another Nilgiris travelogue! How do I hold on till June when we are planning to be there! Already travelogues of laluks, chevy lover have tempted me a lot!

BTW. dreamdiseal, Excellent way of writing it and, as usual, fantastic pics of those beautiful serene surroundings. I have just started reading it, still on page 1. Keep them coming.
LongDrive lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 00:37   #57
BHPian
 
dreamdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 420
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Wonderful trip log again DD.
You have inspired me to go on a vacation this summer and Ooty will most probably shortlisted. There are lot of places there which aren't tourist crowded and I generally look out for such places.
Thank You Krish. Ooty will be crowded in the summer. June would be a better time. But there are lots of places that will be empty even in peak season at Ooty. Enjoy your vacation Krish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Great travelogue and great pics DreamDiesel. Loved the panorama shot. Your travelogue brought back a flood of sweet memories. We deliberately avoided visiting Avalanche and GlenMorgan, during our 3 week long trip to Kodai and Ooty. Your pics gave us great motivation! Now we have one more reason to head back to the 'Queen of Hill Stations'!
IMO, you could have added some more photos! I posted 1280+ photos in my travelogue!
CL, thank you. Even I too loved the Panaroma shot. Was not really sure how the panaroma shot would come out. After I had the pictures stitched in the SW on the comp. was pretty happy with the outcome. Just like how it was at Emerald.
Lots of places to look forward to in Ooty if your visiting again. Just like how i was looking forward to Ooty this time.

Your photos at Udaipur have come really well. I only took about 900 pictures in the entire trip. Just uploaded some of the best ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Wonderful Pictures and a great Travelogue DD. I love Ooty (Nilgiris) too. So they have repaired the road from Mettupalayam to Ooty. Every time there is a rain, this road gets a landslide.
But actually this road is broader than the Kotagiri road.
Thank you prowler. Yes the roads are completely done from Mettupalayam to Ooty. Never travelled on the Mettupalayam - Kotagairi road. I was thinking the road I travelled was narrow.

Nevertheless, a great drive on this road, with lots of turns and is also scenic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Never get tired of the Emerald lake snaps. Great!
Thank You. I too loved this snap a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Another Nilgiris travelogue! How do I hold on till June when we are planning to be there! Already travelogues of laluks, chevy lover have tempted me a lot!
BTW. dreamdiseal, Excellent way of writing it and, as usual, fantastic pics of those beautiful serene surroundings. I have just started reading it, still on page 1. Keep them coming.
Thank you LongDrive. June is a very good time to be in Ooty. End of season and place will be lots less crowded. This is my third Ooty Travelogue at TBHP.
dreamdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 09:54   #58
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,609 Times
Default

Feeling like packing my bags for the next drive!
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 04:13   #59
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Just wanted to appreciate the minute details captured. Have been to kodai and ooty many times. Still feel its my first time everytime i am there as two most beautiful places in south to visit
coolrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 18:46   #60
cLJ
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Thrissur
Posts: 109
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Very nice pictures! this brought back the memories of our last trip. We are planning another trip to Ooty and Mysore next school vacation.

CLJ
cLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore - Ooty/Coonoor/Kotagiri in Swift D again!!! dreamdiesel Travelogues 47 3rd December 2015 00:40
Summer Vacation - Kolli Hills -Kotagiri - Mettupalaym - Kodaikanal carbhp Route / Travel Queries 6 28th May 2012 09:12
ANHC Travelogue: Weekend getaway to Ooty - Kotagiri - Coonoor kirantp Travelogues 18 25th October 2011 14:02
Ooty, Coonoor, Kotagiri, Isha Yoga Centre-From Bangalore ashwinsid Travelogues 23 5th February 2010 23:15
Kotagiri (near Coonoor) - 4 day trip subbarp Travelogues 12 20th July 2007 08:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:07.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks