Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 22nd September 2012, 10:54   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 15 RAJABABUes in Malaysia and Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Have you given day-wise and item-wise expenditure table somewhere?
Thanks for your comment.

I have not listed any item wise expenditure table but you will find item wise expenses posted in my travelogue at various point of time.
expenses like entry fee, bus/taxi charges etc are mentioned.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 17:12   #257
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

I remember reading a bit of this thread in 2010 but i had no plans to travel, so did not pay much attention to detail.

Now after going through this thread in every bit of detail, i am confident to plan a trip to malaysia and singapore around may-june on my own.

However i plan to spend more time in singapore and couple of days in malaysia(in and around KL, mainly Batu, Genting cable car and shopping @ KL)

I came across AirAsia and Tiger which have flights out of Bangalore.

But Tiger is bit expensive of the two, so i got below two options

1. Bangalore - singapore via Tiger, singapore-KL(Tiger or AirAsia), KL - bangalore(AirAsia)
2. Bangalore- KL , KL- singapore, singapore-KL, KL-Bangalore (All by AirAsia)

2nd option is turning out to be cheaper but involves extra flight from KL to singapore so might result in more time waste plus more trips to airports.

So i am just wondering if i should further explore the 2nd option or just rule it out in favor of more relaxed holiday( savings are around 7-8K). What is your take on this ? since you have experienced the LCCT

Also would it be easier if i land in KL and without coming out of LCCT, take a flight to singapore or vice versa, to ensure that i can save some airport trips ?

Appreciate any feedback on this.
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 17:49   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

1. Bangalore - singapore via Tiger, singapore-KL(Tiger or AirAsia), KL - bangalore(AirAsia)

2nd option is turning out to be cheaper but involves extra flight from KL to singapore so might result in more time waste plus more trips to airports.

Also would it be easier if i land in KL and without coming out of LCCT, take a flight to singapore or vice versa, to ensure that i can save some airport trips ?

Why not try taking a bus between KL & Singapore? There are a lot of bus options between these two cities and IMHO, it will be a break from the monotonous city landscapes. The journey takes around 5 hrs depending on traffic conditions on the Expressway. It will be a good opportunity to see the country side too.

During my trip to KL & Singapore (4 years back), I had taken a bus from KL and loved the trip. The only thing which might be a hassle is, at the border checkpoint & immigration, you have to remove your luggage from the bus and get it scanned and then walk with it through immigration and then get back onto the bus again. But, it is a smooth process and generally there are no delays or too much walking.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:58   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post

Why not try taking a bus between KL & Singapore? There are a lot of bus options between these two cities and IMHO, it will be a break from the monotonous city landscapes. The journey takes around 5 hrs depending on traffic conditions on the Expressway. It will be a good opportunity to see the country side too.

During my trip to KL & Singapore (4 years back), I had taken a bus from KL and loved the trip. The only thing which might be a hassle is, at the border checkpoint & immigration, you have to remove your luggage from the bus and get it scanned and then walk with it through immigration and then get back onto the bus again. But, it is a smooth process and generally there are no delays or too much walking.
I did think of asking bus or train but felt its time consuming. I guess air travel is faster but comes with delay at airports

Do they have buses 24hrs?
rajshenoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 19:23   #260
BHPian

Quote:
I remember reading a bit of this thread in 2010 but i had no plans to travel, so did not pay much attention to detail.

Now after going through this thread in every bit of detail, i am confident to plan a trip to malaysia and singapore around may-june on my own.

However i plan to spend more time in singapore and couple of days in malaysia(in and around KL, mainly Batu, Genting cable car and shopping @ KL)

I came across AirAsia and Tiger which have flights out of Bangalore.

But Tiger is bit expensive of the two, so i got below two options

So i am just wondering if i should further explore the 2nd option or just rule it out in favor of more relaxed holiday( savings are around 7-8K). What is your take on this ? since you have experienced the LCCT

Shenoy mam, while Singapore has the Studios, Malaysia has Legoland amusement park. There are plenty of Road transport options avble from SGP to Johor and further on To KL.

Recommendations are Langakawi and Kota kinabalu in Malaysia.

PM if you want more details of Malaysia, I am currently based in KL

Cheers
shivshanker is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 20:59   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
Shenoy mam, while Singapore has the Studios, Malaysia has Legoland amusement park. There are plenty of Road transport options avble from SGP to Johor and further on To KL.

Cheers
Sent you a PM about my confusion.
rajshenoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:21   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did think of asking bus or train but felt its time consuming. I guess air travel is faster but comes with delay at airports

Do they have buses 24hrs?
I think they will have overnight buses. I am not sure though. I traveled on the day service which started at 8 am
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 18:10   #263
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,

I too am planning a similar trip. In mid-April.

Am only apprehensive about the weather as it will be approaching the peak of the summer.

Now I see that you are planning a trip in May-June.

What is your take on the weather prevailing there around that time?

Can I request input from other knowledgeable people too.

Last edited by skdking : 12th February 2013 at 18:12.
skdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 18:49   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I too am planning a similar trip. In mid-April.
Am only apprehensive about the weather as it will be approaching the peak of the summer.
Now I see that you are planning a trip in May-June.
What is your take on the weather prevailing there around that time?
Can I request input from other knowledgeable people too.
Dude, Singapore weather would be similar to Chennai(or any other coastal indian city), so you will feel at home .

I have finalized mid May due to schedule crunch.
Ideal time as i hear is anytime between dec-feb as weather would be coolest(but still hot and humid for say Bangalore standards)

So if you are only concerned about the weather, try dec-feb. If you are like me who wants it during childrens holiday, April-May is a decent option.

Another point you should consider is, Singapore receives rainfall almost every day. so weather can really change from humid to rain and back to humid. Feel free to ask if you have any specific question. I guess i have done some amount of study. (More of Singapore and less in Malaysia)
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 09:37   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post

Cheers
Hi, KL man,

Can you please throw some light on the query raised by me two posts above (#263)?
skdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 10:11   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, KL man,

Can you please throw some light on the query raised by me two posts above (#263)?
Hello skding,

The rainy or the heavy rains season is now almost over after this the hot season starts, but this is not the hot season as we experience in Delhi, Mumbai etc. To be honest with you I think the temp will be high 30's, not that I have been following the weather charts.

like mentioned in the earlier posts, it is more of a tropical climate with showers expected daily.
shivshanker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 13:54   #267
BHPian

This is an excellent piece of write up, useful for first time goers to Malaysia and Singapore. After reading this, I tentatively planned to take up a similar trip in June, 2014. AirAsia provides very cheap tickets with discounts. Booking Period : 25 November 2013 - 1 December 2013. Travel Period : 5 May 2014 - 31 January 2015.

Last edited by vskesavan : 29th November 2013 at 14:05.
vskesavan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 16:48   #268
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
i am planning a family vacation (4 adults) to Langkavi and Kuala Lumpur next month (depart 17th July midnight, return 23rd midnight). Booked 2 tickets by Air Asia : one from Hyd to KL and back, and another from KL to LGK and back. My plan is to reach Langkavi on 18th around 11 am and then take the flight to KL on 23rd at 1030 am.

So effectively, I'll be spending 4 nights in LGK and one at KL. Can someone guide me over the following:
  1. I plan to rent a budget hatch at LGK for 4 days. Should I do it at the airport or at the hotel where I stay (not decided on hotel yet).
  2. What would be the approximate rate per day? Air Asia website indicates 130 RM per day for a Proton, but I read that hotels give it for less than 100 RM, though not sure.
  3. Any budget hotel suggestions at LGK are welcome---not the exotic star hotels, but a family room of 4 to 7 K per day.
  4. Same info on hotels in KL. I plan to stay only for a day and ask them to keep the luggage in the reception after 1 pm on 24th, as I'll be taking the 9 pm flight.
  5. Is it better to take a cab from airport at KL, or the high-speed train?
  6. Important must-see places in KL. No Batu caves or Genting please.
  7. Which sim card to go for and how much is the cost? 3 G is a must.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vnabhi : 25th June 2015 at 16:52.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 16:56   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys,
i am planning a family vacation (4 adults) to Langkavi and Kuala Lumpur next month (depart 17th July midnight, return 23rd midnight). Booked 2 tickets by Air Asia : one from Hyd to KL and back, and another from KL to LGK and back. My plan is to reach Langkavi on 18th around 11 am and then take the flight to KL on 23rd at 1030 am.

So effectively, I'll be spending 4 nights in LGK and one at KL. Can someone guide me over the following:
  1. I plan to rent a budget hatch at LGK for 4 days. Should I do it at the airport or at the hotel where I stay (not decided on hotel yet).
  2. What would be the approximate rate per day? Air Asia website indicates 130 RM per day for a Proton, but I read that hotels give it for less than 100 RM, though not sure.
  3. Any budget hotel suggestions at LGK are welcome---not the exotic star hotels, but a family room of 4 to 7 K per day.
  4. Same info on hotels in KL. I plan to stay only for a day and ask them to keep the luggage in the reception after 1 pm on 24th, as I'll be taking the 9 pm flight.
  5. Is it better to take a cab from airport at KL, or the high-speed train?
  6. Important must-see places in KL. No Batu caves or Genting please.
Thanks in advance.
I went to Langkawi 3 years back,

You can try Awana Langkawi resort per room cost would be around RS 3500
If you have international license then hire a car for self drive its easy and quick.
I don't remember high speed train in Langkawi
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 16:58   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
I went to Langkawi 3 years back,

You can try Awana Langkawi resort per room cost would be around RS 3500
If you have international license then hire a car for self drive its easy and quick.
I don't remember high speed train in Langkawi
Thanks, but I was asking regarding the train at KL, not LGK.

Is IDL mandatory? I read on this forum that even Indian DL in English will do.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote