Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 22nd February 2010, 09:36   #1
BHPian

Smile Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4

Its all started like this, we were planning to go to tirupati for a long period of time in our new car SX4, but unable to go as there were many problem due to the telangana issue. finnaly i made my mind, no matter waht ever happens we will go by this week. i called up my dad and we all started to TTD chennai in T.nagar to book darshan tickets. but to our surprise, there was a big line of 25 people, we waited and waited suddenly the clock ticked 4 and the counter closed. we came home out of disappointment. but i told my dad not to worry, we are going to tirupati tomorrow by hook or by crook. we have already booked the driver for morning 5, thinking that we will get the tickets, but nothing was happening as per the plan. so we decided to go TTD chennai in morning as the counter open at 9.30s, get the ticket and go directly to tirupati. we informed the driver to come at 9.30 in the morning. but i was not satisfied, as per the TTD website everything was full, 50rs darshan tickets also the accommodation. finally i opened my new MAC book which i never touched it since i purchased it.
started googling the available places to stay, all the useful information about tirupati, luckily i came to a place where it was mentioned that we can get 300rs darshan ticket, its like quick darshn. i was overwhelmed, i told my dad about this, we decided to go directly to tirupati and get those tickets. we started at morning 9.30 from my house, made full tank at shell.

Reached tirupati around 1.pm, inquired about the ticket counter to get the darshan tickets, its right next to TTD main bus stand, to be more specific, its very near to the big hanuman statue. we came to know the 4.00PM darshan is full, only 10.00Pm darshan is available for 50rs ticket. finally we got 50 rs ticket for night 10PM. we had enough time for darshan, so we decided to go to tiruchanoor padmavathi temple. due to a long journey we are very hungry, first we went a south indian hotel and had meals and then started to tiruchanoor. to say about the temple, its a well maintained temple, hassle free to pray god.

Darshan tickets:

1. 10/- ticket
2. 40/- ticket - 2 ladoos per ticket - darshan time - 15-20mins.
3 100/- ticket - 4 ladoos per ticket - darshan time - no standing in queue direct darshan.

apart from this you will also get prasadham tamarind rice and curd rice, if you reach in there by morning you can murukku prasadham. if you wish to buy extra laddos, you have to pay 10 per each and you can get them.
we got the 40rs ticket and got the darshan in 15-20 mins time. we started to back to tirupati, while on the way i told my dad about 300rs ticket, but my dad was not convinced, everybody started blasting me. they said if you wanted to get 300rs ticket why u purchased the 50rs ticket, finally i convinced them, we planned to go tirumala and get the 300 rs ticket and finish our darshan. road from tirupati to tirumala is really awesome with scenic beauty. you really need a experienced person to drive the car, you will get blind curves.

finally we reached tirumala around 3.30. we inquired about the 300 rs darshan, we don't have to give our fingerprint or photo to get the 300 rs ticket, its given inside the temple, just few meters away from the entrance.

darshan timings for 300rs ticket

Monday to Friday = 9Am to 6PM and 9PM to 11PM (including Sundays)

we started at 4PM and finished the darshan by 5PM, within an hour. normally in 50rs ticket you can finish the darshan in 2-3 hrs, depending on the crowd. after the darshan we proceeded towards the most famous thing in tirupati, yeah thats right, tirupati laddoo. even with 300rs ticket you will get only laddos. we had 4 tickets, we were supposed to get 8 laddos, but we got 16 laddoos. its because we also had the 50 rs tickets, we gave them those tickets and we got 8 laddoos from that. so totally we got 16 laddoos. we were very happy, we finished darshan well ahead of time. time was almost 6 and it was becoming foggy. we decided to come back home, but we were yet to see pappa vinasham and other temples, but my driver had somethiung else in mind, he said while going down the hill, there are road lights and it will be foggy after 7 PM and its very tough to drive in those conditions, he said we will start now, so we can reach tirupati in 20 mins. but i made my mind to stay in tirumala for one day, i have already inquired about a mutt, its very near to the temple. its shri vallabhacharya mutt, mostly you'll find north indians there. well its maintained by north indians. rooms are well maintained.

Room rent:

Rooms with attached toilet - 450
Rooms without toilet (common toilet) - 350.

but there's a trick here, you know what, rooms with attached toilet has only 2 cots, but 2nd one has 3 cots. so you need to plan yourself and go.

North indian food is also provided in the mutt itself, but to be honest, i will not recommend anyone to eat there, food is not so good, i mean you can eat it, but its not so good.

we got up early in the morning 6, started to akash ganga and pappa vinasham. but no water in the pappa vinasham dam, it was complately empty. you will get good hand made handicrafts in pappa vinasham. there's also a hanuman temple in between akash ganga and pappa vinasham, please do visit it. we reached tirupati by 11AM, had our lunch in hotel malabar. started for chennai and reached at 3PM.

overall it was a very good trip and we are looking forward to visit once again.......

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc00996.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc00997.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc00998.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01000.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01016.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01015.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01017.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01018.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01019.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01020.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01021.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01022.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01025.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01027.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01028.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01030.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01032.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01033.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01035.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01038.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01039.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01045.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01046.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01048.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01049.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01051.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01055.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-dsc01057.jpg

udayjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 09:43   #2
BHPian

Inside Temple.....

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-f1050003.jpg

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-f1050005.jpg
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:10   #3
MX6
Senior - BHPian

WOW. Cameras and mobiles are banned in the temple. How did you manage to get those two snaps? Some spy cam?
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:12   #4
BHPian

When did you go ? Saturday or Sunday ?
manavdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:44   #5
BHPian

WOW... how did u click those pics inside the temple? I mean, I have been there many times, its not possible to carry camera inside, even if u do, to take one out and click the pictures is a risky business. how did u do it? From the file name i understand it is a FUJIFILM camera.

Last edited by Archish : 22nd February 2010 at 19:46.
Archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

So you got darshan in 1 hour with the 300/- ticket ? Which day did you visit the temple ?

It took over 3.5 hrs for me with the 300/- ticket - I visited tirupati about 3 weeks ago.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 22nd February 2010 at 19:58.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:15   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
WOW. Cameras and mobiles are banned in the temple. How did you manage to get those two snaps? Some spy cam?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
WOW... how did u click those pics inside the temple? I mean, I have been there many times, its not possible to carry camera inside, even if u do, to take one out and click the pictures is a risky business. how did u do it? From the file name i understand it is a FUJIFILM camera.

WOW how did you manage the camera. How did you get ity past the 3/4 levels of security check. All those people around you (Sevaks) didnt even stop you from taking those picture is it? Those are great snaps and your car looks awesome.

: have you planned for any mods for your car?
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:17   #8
BHPian

Cool Default

Sorry to reply late guys..

Actually went to tirupati on Thursday, being a weekday the crowd was less and we took the darshan in 1 hour timing. i would call less than a hour to be more specific.

Regarding the snaps inside temple:

It was the toughest job in my life and dangerous too, if i would have got caught, i would have have ended up in police station. they have almost 5 security checks. I really don't know how i made it with the camera. along with us there was a french couple who had a spy camera with a video recorder, those guys got caught. they took the camera from them and let them to visit temple. i managed to sneak in, trust me guys its not so easy as it may sound. as per the camera is concerned, it wasn't a normal camera, its a sony DSC T90, 12.1 MP digital camera with 720P video recoding.

MODS: The other day i went to auto expo chennai in YMCA by zigwheels, it wasn't a good one as i though it would be. it was kind of ok, no new cars, the same old stuff. i checked a accessory shop "Haute accessories"

I am planning for alloys, leather seat covers, LED lightnings inside the car and some minor changes. If you guys know any all in one shop, where you can get everything, in chennai, please let me know.
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:05   #9
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Sorry to reply late guys..

Actually went to tirupati on Thursday, being a weekday the crowd was less and we took the darshan in 1 hour timing. i would call less than a hour to be more specific.

Regarding the snaps inside temple:

It was the toughest job in my life and dangerous too, if i would have got caught, i would have have ended up in police station. they have almost 5 security checks. I really don't know how i made it with the camera. along with us there was a french couple who had a spy camera with a video recorder, those guys got caught. they took the camera from them and let them to visit temple. i managed to sneak in, trust me guys its not so easy as it may sound. as per the camera is concerned, it wasn't a normal camera, its a sony DSC T90, 12.1 MP digital camera with 720P video recoding.

MODS: The other day i went to auto expo chennai in YMCA by zigwheels, it wasn't a good one as i though it would be. it was kind of ok, no new cars, the same old stuff. i checked a accessory shop "Haute accessories"

I am planning for alloys, leather seat covers, LED lightnings inside the car and some minor changes. If you guys know any all in one shop, where you can get everything, in chennai, please let me know.
Boy. It is damn risky. Especially with the heightened terror threat, carrying any banned items across the metal detectors is like inviting huge trouble on yourself.
But thanks for the photos. Viman Darshan is equivalent to the Darshan of lord. We had a virtual trip of Tirupati because of you.
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:28   #10
BHPian

You must be really lucky for not being caught. Can you see those 2 CCTV cameras that were there right above you, in the second picture? Thank Lord Balaji and thanks for providing a virtual darshan of the temple.

Chennai to Tirupati in my brand new SX4-f1050005-copy.jpg
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:44   #11
BHPian

Default Tirupati Route..

Which route you took bro?
I am planning a trip next week to Tirupati. How are the roads?
biju_kp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:50   #12
MX6
Senior - BHPian

shows the lapse in security. He's right under two secure cams and managed to get away with it.
So much of harrassment in the name of security for nothing. Good job there. May be you should try your hand at some of the most secure establishment of our country like a sting operation and expose the lapse in securities all around.
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:55   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
shows the lapse in security. He's right under two secure cams and managed to get away with it.
So much of harrassment in the name of security for nothing. Good job there. May be you should try your hand at some of the most secure establishment of our country like a sting operation and expose the lapse in securities all around.
Once they caught hold of car keys, as they had remote RF circuits. I guess its valid even now.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:56   #14
BHPian

Default Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju_kp View Post
Which route you took bro?
I am planning a trip next week to Tirupati. How are the roads?
I really don't know the route dude..we took a driver with us. he knew all the route. roads are pretty good. roads are in very bad condition till tiruvallur. you will get lots of pot holes. after you cross tiruvallur, roads are pretty good but so good, drive slowly.
Old 28th February 2010, 23:31   #15
BHPian

@udayjani,
Congratulations on your new car.
A small advice though, please do not take it personally. When the cameras are banned, they are for good reasons, be it security or religious beliefs. Let's try to obey the rules and not encourage others to break them.
live360 is offline   Reply With Quote