Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 18:29   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

This is a great travelogue, Especially I love the inflight vulture shots!!!
What lens are you using with the 1000D?
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 19:12   #47
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
This is a great travelogue, Especially I love the inflight vulture shots!!!
What lens are you using with the 1000D?
Thanks harjeev. I use 18-55 and Sigma 70-300 Apo Dg. I shot the inflight with
Sigma lens.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 20:52   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Excellent Thread and fantastic photographs.

I love it when people like you get out in their cars and discover our incredible country

Amritsar is my paternal town and I have always been going there since childhood and of course it is a foodie haven !

The inflight vulture shots are brilliant. I am debating to get a DSLR myself. 18-55mm is standard with EOS 1000D right ?

I am giving this thread a 5 star by the way for the photos and detailed travelogue points !

Last edited by vkochar : 7th March 2010 at 20:56.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 06:56   #49
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Excellent Thread and fantastic photographs.

I love it when people like you get out in their cars and discover our incredible country

Amritsar is my paternal town and I have always been going there since childhood and of course it is a foodie haven !

The inflight vulture shots are brilliant. I am debating to get a DSLR myself. 18-55mm is standard with EOS 1000D right ?

I am giving this thread a 5 star by the way for the photos and detailed travelogue points !
Thanks vkochar. Just go for the DSLR. I too had this dalima to go for super zoom camera or a DSLR but end of day DSLR are a generation ahead. I never bothered to work on technical aspect of photography with my digital camera, but with DSLR, i hardly remember when i have ever used in Auto mode always shot in Av/Tv modes.

Go for it buddy

v&v
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 23:05   #50
BHPian
 
NFS_1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kaushambhi
Posts: 35
Thanked: 6 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Thanks harjeev. I use 18-55 and Sigma 70-300 Apo Dg. I shot the inflight with
Sigma lens.
Cant wait going to Dharmshala now, but will prefer CHD to DH and will skip Amritsar.

I am eagerly waiting for my Canon 70-300 IS USM, cant go without it ;-) Sigma did a good job but...i am sure my canon will beat that sharpness :P

BTW already sent out direction and trip plan to my buddies to see when can we kick this off ....thanks for nice pics,, specially the one with fish at Amritsar ;-)
NFS_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 15:25   #51
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980 View Post
Cant wait going to Dharmshala now, but will prefer CHD to DH and will skip Amritsar.

I am eagerly waiting for my Canon 70-300 IS USM, cant go without it ;-) Sigma did a good job but...i am sure my canon will beat that sharpness :P

BTW already sent out direction and trip plan to my buddies to see when can we kick this off ....thanks for nice pics,, specially the one with fish at Amritsar ;-)
nfs,
i think you should evaluate canon 55-250 is. IS matters, i feel which i shoot in low light condition.
All the best for your trip.

v&v
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 18:06   #52
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,599
Thanked: 8,582 Times
Default

McLeodGanj, takes me back 7 years in time. The church was amazing and as mentioned and very quiet !

Also next to the Norbulingka there was Chinmaya Misson temple which was very very quite ! (I think the Hanuman statue is from there right?)

Nearby I could spot lots of independent houses mostly retired army folks I think. The vista was stunning. The thew and sinews of the overall composition of the place was just awe inspiring.

Even I felt like settling down there !
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 21:00   #53
v&v
Senior - BHPian
 
v&v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,538
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
McLeodGanj, takes me back 7 years in time. The church was amazing and as mentioned and very quiet !

Also next to the Norbulingka there was Chinmaya Misson temple which was very very quite ! (I think the Hanuman statue is from there right?)

Nearby I could spot lots of independent houses mostly retired army folks I think. The vista was stunning. The thew and sinews of the overall composition of the place was just awe inspiring.

Even I felt like settling down there !
ampere,
True Norbulingka & Chinmaya Mission are about 1 kms apart. Yes both are very quite place. Hanuman statue and a Sihv Ling are in the same complex. Tapovan is the place where bramachari training is given.

Really a beautiful place.

v&v

Last edited by v&v : 11th April 2010 at 21:02.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 11:26   #54
BHPian
 
NFS_1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kaushambhi
Posts: 35
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v

nfs,
i think you should evaluate canon 55-250 is. IS matters, i feel which i shoot in low light condition.
All the best for your trip.

v&v
Its been 2yrs now , almost with my 70-300 !! Has been a good run!
NFS_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 18:50   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 672
Thanked: 389 Times
Default Re: Our first trip of 2010 - Delhi - Amritsar - Dharamshala - Delhi

has anyone driven from Gurgaon to Dharamshala recently? how are the roads and how much time it takes to reach Dharamshala from Gurgaon. Also things to do and places to see in and around Dharamshala?
sach.sri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delhi - Dharamshala : Route Queries karmachakra Route / Travel Queries 90 28th November 2017 09:48
Delhi to Dharamshala/McLeodganj road trip rev_hard Route / Travel Queries 45 27th December 2009 17:29
Dharamshala/McLeodGanj - Delhi route advice tsk1979 Route / Travel Queries 2 26th December 2007 18:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks