Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 21st September 2005, 19:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Royal Enfield Bike Rally(Chennai-Mahabalipuram)

Hi,

Everyone Makes Way for a Bullet.

We found it to be true on a Trip from Chennai to Mahabs on 17th Sep. Royal Enfield provided 5 THUNDERBIRDs to our Company and organized the Trip. Mr.Sudhakar and Mr.Muthu ,from Royal Enfield accompanied and guided us throughout the rally. An Ambulance also accompanied us but fortunately we didn’t have to use its services!

6 THUNDERBIRDS(Pradeep,one of our friend brought his own Thunderbird) were accompanied by 5 Street Bikes. Nineteen enthusiastic bikers started off on the ride at 8.00 AM from our Company on Saturday .Once we hit the East Coast Road our folks went into a trance and the true biking sprit within them unleashed itself .

By around 9:00 we reached a dry Salt Pan at Kovalam….. Had some thrilling and heart beating games…Like, The Taxi game
The pick me up game, Sand Off-roading and Dirt track experience.

We reached Mahabs by 12:30 pm and on the way we spent some time at the beach.

I also enjoyed putting my Fiero on its limits during the trip..it's been a long time since my Fiero hit the Highways and it was superb.

The rally has really redefined BIKING - From a means of transport to
a way of Biking as an outbound activity. This kind of an event is a must for every Bike Lover.

The Guyz from Royal Enfield deserve a lot appreciation for organizing the whole Rally. Mr.Shriram from Royal Enfield told us that they are ready to support us for any Biking related activity.

I drove the Thunderbird for the 1st time and it was one experience I would always cherish. The Bike is very Stable on the Highways but is difficult to manouvre within the City.

Everyone of us loved the Thunderbird but practical reasons weigh against the bike so eventually no would want to buy one right now(except Pradeep who already has one)..may be after some years when a Car replaces the Bike as a Primary mode of transport some of us would buy it.

Here's the photos,

bye
kishore
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2005, 09:40   #2
BHPian

Default Helmets?

Not everyone seems to be wearing helmets?

And the fiero doesn't seem to have rear view mirrors?

Oh okay! I forgot about the ambulance!

Superavi
superavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2005, 10:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

I always wear an Helmet. I asked my friends to wear an helmet but they wouldn't listen..can't help. The rear view mirriors on my Fiero...feel it looks better without them..removed them years back...I know this is not Safe..anyways thanks for the concern superavi!!
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2005, 14:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

we did it till pondicheri in june. And biker sachin (yes, the one with first bullet with DTSi engine) was also with us. we did send folks back home who did'nt bring the helmets along, and then they later joined us in the trip.

Enfield group does not support rides without helmets, nor does our company.

here is proof :-D

vivekiny2k is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2005, 16:11   #5
BHPian

Hey gr8 going fellows

Btw you buyz in ne group??
?ushk@r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2005, 22:56   #6
BHPian

can we have some more pics of the dtsi bullet?
also how does it perform compared to the normal bullets!
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2005, 12:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey fieroid,
the pics were there in magazine (i think overdrive). I have one which i am uploading. the white bullet is the one. And just behind it is me sitting on a Tbird :-D.

I can PM you sachin's ID for questions on performance figures. not really sure about it. It was equipped with self starter etc. and fastest of the bunch is all i can say.

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 12th October 2005 at 12:16.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2005, 18:16   #8
BHPian

Thanks buddy, pls do upload the pics...infact does anyone have any clue about its performance? looks like a good concept and many ppl are eager to know more about it, including me....is that guy a memebr of t-bhp?
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2005, 11:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
Thanks buddy, pls do upload the pics...infact does anyone have any clue about its performance? looks like a good concept and many ppl are eager to know more about it, including me....is that guy a memebr of t-bhp?
no, i don't think he is a part of tbhp/xbhp. I will try to get in touch with him. as far as i know he is very mobile, owing to his job with royal enfield.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote