Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 06:45   #46
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,600
Thanked: 8,587 Times
Default

Got it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...rai-bliss.html (Three days in Valparai - Bliss!)

BTW what is distance on the Ghat section one has to drive?
Was just thinking if one starts early from Bangalore, by when once can make it?

I have added it to my wish list.

Last edited by ampere : 30th March 2010 at 06:47.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 10:00   #47
BHPian
 
thalavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 389
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Water bodies looking inviting with Punto in the background.
The long shot of the hairpin bends is nice.

BTW who are you waltzing around with?
Great scenery and pictures.

BTW. The antics with the statue is low class. Not becoming of you. At least, remove that photograph (others might get ideas and who knows what will happen to the statue)
thalavoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 10:45   #48
BHPian
 
PearlJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 328 Times
Default

Nice pics and narration.

Agree with thalavoy here. That pic is just not done.
PearlJam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 10:57   #49
BHPian
 
itsmyalto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Great scenery and pictures.
Cant agree more. IMHO, Valparai is the next best hill station you can get in South after Wayanad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
BTW. The antics with the statue is low class. Not becoming of you. At least, remove that photograph (others might get ideas and who knows what will happen to the statue)
No offense, but the statue is historic and commands due respect.
itsmyalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 12:23   #50
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Got it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...rai-bliss.html (Three days in Valparai - Bliss!)

BTW what is distance on the Ghat section one has to drive?
Was just thinking if one starts early from Bangalore, by when once can make it?

I have added it to my wish list.
around 45kms from pollachi to valparai. But the road is good. dont know about the time it would take from bangalore. BTW how to delete a picture?. Should i report it to mods??

Last edited by Soccerfan : 30th March 2010 at 12:25.
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 12:30   #51
BHPian
 
s3va's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 646
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Nice log and pics.

BTW how many hair pin bends do you have to negotiate from Pollachi to Valparai ? I did a bike trip when I was in college, but I am not able to recollect the numbers.
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 13:36   #52
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,796 Times
Default

Hi Soccerfan,
How did you join the athirampalli chalakudi route?
I have been till the vazhachal CP and did no go further.
Doe this route take you to parambikulam WLS, and then further on upto Anamalai and then you take the deviation to valparai?

If I were to enter from the Pollachi side and do a loop with valparai in one direction and back via athirampalli, vazhachal etc to pollachi - what is the route you suggest.

Hope all these places the CP allows you to drive through.
Any restrictions on the timing? Is the CP open always or 6am to 6pm kinds?
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 13:37   #53
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,600
Thanked: 8,587 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
around 45kms from pollachi to valparai. But the road is good. dont know about the time it would take from bangalore. BTW how to delete a picture?. Should i report it to mods??
BLR to Avinashi should be possible in 5 to 6 hours. If one starts at 5 in the morning he should be at Avinashi by about 11 (adding a break). Its another 80Km to Pollachi + 50 Km to Valparai. Should be possible in about 8 to 9 hours for a total distance of 410 Km. I assume the ghat sections are no that difficult.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 14:53   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default

Nice travelogue. Wished if the snaps were arranged in sequential order for ease of viewing (lot of dragging not to miss any snaps).
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 19:18   #55
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Hi Soccerfan,
How did you join the athirampalli chalakudi route?
I have been till the vazhachal CP and did no go further.
Doe this route take you to parambikulam WLS, and then further on upto Anamalai and then you take the deviation to valparai?

If I were to enter from the Pollachi side and do a loop with valparai in one direction and back via athirampalli, vazhachal etc to pollachi - what is the route you suggest.

Hope all these places the CP allows you to drive through.
Any restrictions on the timing? Is the CP open always or 6am to 6pm kinds?
hi lalu

from pollachi valparai is about 60kms. to do in a loop - pollachi->valparai-> vazchachal->athirappaly->chalakkudy->nenmara->kollengode->pollachi

CP is from 6Am to 6PM only. elephants rules the road in the night . Parambikulam is another route from pollachi. While coming to pollachi you can take a right after kollengode (if i remember correctly). if i remember correctly

@jacs - thank you. snaps are posted in the order except the last set.

@s3va - 40 hairpins. You must have noted this in one of the snaps
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 19:29   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,796 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
hi lalu

from pollachi valparai is about 60kms. to do in a loop - pollachi->valparai-> vazchachal->athirappaly->chalakkudy->nenmara->kollengode->pollachi

CP is from 6Am to 6PM only. elephants rules the road in the night . Parambikulam is another route from pollachi. While coming to pollachi you can take a right after kollengode (if i remember correctly). if i remember correctly
Thanks yaar.
Is it possible to drive to parambikulam reservoir from this athirampally valparai route? google map shows something like that!

From nenmara I guess nelliyampathy is nearby.

I guess the loop road you said is good roads and only the deviations to some sight seeing places are little bad.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 20:42   #57
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

to reach parambikulam u have to go via Pollachi. google maps is wrong here . only the roads to drive around in valparai are bad. Other roads are in good condition
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 21:00   #58
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,796 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
to do in a loop - pollachi->valparai-> vazchachal->athirappaly->chalakkudy->nenmara->kollengode->pollachi
Does sholayar come in the same route ?

Ok. Then from Pollachi you have some choices like parambikulam and all those places you mentioned in the log.
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 21:33   #59
BHPian
 
Soccerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 591
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Does sholayar come in the same route ?

Ok. Then from Pollachi you have some choices like parambikulam and all those places you mentioned in the log.
sholayar is in the same route
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 21:48   #60
Distinguished - BHPian
 
laluks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,805
Thanked: 7,796 Times
Default

Thanks yaar for all the replies.

Some more
Is idamalayar nearby? Where is this bhoothathankettu? What is there?
Is chimmini dam nearby. Have any idea about the access roads?
laluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another weekend, yet another Hill Station - Yelagiri Mr.Boss Travelogues 7 2nd August 2014 23:02
Rx135 4 speed -bore gets heated prsnck Motorbikes 15 14th June 2010 16:39
Brace yourself - i'm going to bore you to death! IronH4WK Introduce yourself 18 23rd December 2009 21:21
Hub/Bore Diameter doubt about Baleno Rims greenhorn Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 6 28th October 2009 15:22
Different bore sizes or the alignment? clevermax Technical Stuff 7 30th August 2008 17:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks