Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 12th March 2010, 20:51   #16
BHPian

Is this thread discontinued too, like you did last time?????

Been checking now and then for your post.
zteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 09:43   #17
Team-BHP Support

where is the next leg of the story?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 05:13   #18
BHPian

Even my mind has an habit of creating illusions on the canvas of believes , I do whatever I want in my way!

Then ,
I called her again and said "Look I have booked a flight for you dear! I am mailing you the complete details for the same , check your gmail account. I need to prove that because many times I had fooled her in the same way and
If I had done that again then she would have kicked my a**

So prevention is better then cure always. But as I am spending this much amount for the dinner , I need a complete trip planned...

I am not a kind of person who wants to spend his time in a hotel room , But I have observed many people going on vacations and hooked up with channels like "India TV" or or any other News Channels

I goggled on internet thoroughly about the place, I had planned everything in detail and moreover , I don’t want to be with her for more then few hours or a single day from dusk to dawn.

I am preparing answers for the world , for suppose my office , My Parents and other friends. So the most simple suggestion which I received from my friends priority wise for my office was…

1. You came here after a long time hospitalization just tell your boss that you have a medical checkup. ( The Simplest One )
2. Just ask them that you have some urgent work at home.
3. Don’t say anything to him , just switch off your mobile phone fly away.

Ok so out of these three , I need to select one to be precise so what I had done was I had just informed my boss about the leaves without any reason..

Ok so the second part … What to tell my parents ? There are not many options other then one and only one …

1. Tell them you are going for office work
Sounds really good and neat idea.

I had few work for the projects in the office which I had done as planned and countdown was on…

Four Days Before D-Day!

I went to home and informed my parents that I am attending a conference and I will be going from 1st to 4th October 4, 2009 to exactly opposite place. Like Mumbai!!

First they were quite spectacle about this thing because of the Gandi Baba’s day in between but some how I managed to convince them that Yes Indeed I am going to the seminar. I again talked with my “Agent47” and then asked her that please for god sake tell me what I will do there because I was not able to find that place on Indian Maps’ and I don’t have much information other then “ That Place is Located by a connecting flight to to a big city of north east” that’s it!

She mentioned two places when I can visit during my stay there but her good and my worst is yet to come.

A day before D-Day

I asked my little cute sister to pack my bags for me because she is logistics Manager for our House , right from official , un official , holiday , weekend trip she is the only one to count on! , with minimal charges. Sometimes a chocolate really works for her.

So she asked me questions like " do you need tie for the occasions, How many times you want to change, How will be the weather forecast. I asked her to pack my bags but as Nobody is perfect and I am nobody I forgot a printed copy of tickets in my laptop bag.

I don’t know till now that weather she had already peeked in my bag for the printed tickets.

One information , I mentioned to forgot that , I wrote this stuff at guwahati airport.

So again she packed my bag to the full extreme , more then required clothing for me , I also asked her to pack the same shirt which “my Agent” had gifted me some time back. But prior to any trip I have some prerequisites weather it is official or unofficial this is the list of the things which are must.

1. My Laptop : Thanks to the person who make this mobile computing very affordable and handy , I can need it anytime during my trip right from transferring my digital music , captured photographs to teasing my friends by uploading photographs and watching movies . Ya another reason is for official purpose as well. It might be needed to telnet to some server or to forward my mails.

2. Digital – Camera’s : At times two are handy, One I carry if for the point and click photography suppose in a market , mall or road side photography , another DSLR for the professional photography & Wallpapers. This time in my trip I am using a Sony DSLR A200.

3. PSP ( Play Station Portable) : Frankly speaking this is a time killing machine weather you are waiting for you mom to come out of the saree store like in my case or you are waiting for your Agent to come outside her college , university. This device can even kill your time when you are freshen up yourself in the morning. ( I rarely use it there ;-) , so it’s a suggestion not practice ). In this trip I had loaded my PSP with following movies Original Sin , Curious Case of Benjamin Button , Friday the 13th Part VIII , IX , X.

4. Chargers , Portable Drive , Data Cables , An extension chord : These things are required in case you need to charge yourself , I mean your equipment’s or data transfer etc.. I also carry some refreshing material in my portable drive. Who knows you might need it for taking out your frustrations so , portable drive serve my purpose here.

5. My Passport & Driving Lic. : My passport because , My driving lic. Is in the condition in which everything looks fine except my photograph and even in some states in India if you are carrying your passport then you can rent a self driven car / bike depends on the area.

6. Mobile Phone with GPS : This is the new addition in my this trip , recently I brought a GPS enabled handset and it is really handy in case you hire a taxi / cab and your driver will take you to hulluluu instead of the desired place , you can track your self and even ask your driver confidently that the next town is “???” so your driver will sense that you had been here before and knowledge about the routes. Mobile phone might be helpful to contact your agent in my case or to contact your family members.
akaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 05:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Is this thread discontinued too, like you did last time?????

Been checking now and then for your post.
No Brother... Here you go sorry for delay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
where is the next leg of the story?
Here it is...

Last edited by akaushik : 14th March 2010 at 05:26.
Old 14th March 2010, 06:39   #20
BHPian

A day before my D’day ,

I charged my all gears converted my movies for the PSP format , loaded all stuff in the portable drive.

Whole night I was so f***** exited that I was just looking at my cell phone clock and alarms. I woke up around 5:30 and checked all the things were right on the place. As directed by me my sister had packed all things perfectly thanks to all the sisters of the world for packing their brothers bag and stuff!.

The day was special for me as , I might be the only freak in this world who is going to have a dinner with her girlfriend by flying 2500 kms & spending this much amount. ( oh.. not in the world but in my colony at least ). I packed my hand bag to perfection but as I had to reach airport on time.

For the first time ever I was going to airport by my own because of the fear that if my parents will go for departure they will be knowing my flight details, Hence proactively I booked a taxi for me for 8:00 o clock in the morning as my flight was scheduled to be at 9:55 I had sufficient time for boarding the flight.
Old 14th March 2010, 08:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice waiting for more

i think i know you-Anshul,am i right?
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 09:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Nice waiting for more

i think i know you-Anshul,am i right?
Hey dude How Are you man ?... Same question I asked you in one of your's thread ;-) PM me your cell number...
Old 14th March 2010, 10:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
going to have a dinner with her girlfriend
I am sure that was a typo.

Nevertheless, you write really well. Hooked to the thread.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 10:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hence proactively I booked a taxi for me for 8:00 o clock in the morning as my flight was scheduled to be at 9:55 I had sufficient time for boarding the flight.
Now that's what I call proper planning
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 14:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I am preparing answers for the world , for suppose my office , My Parents and other friends. So the most simple suggestion which I received from my friends priority wise for my office was…

1. You came here after a long time hospitalization just tell your boss that you have a medical checkup. ( The Simplest One )
2. Just ask them that you have some urgent work at home.
3. Don’t say anything to him , just switch off your mobile phone fly away.

Ok so out of these three , I need to select one to be precise so what I had done was I had just informed my boss about the leaves without any reason..
Finally wht reason did u give @ the office...... wht if ur boss too is a t-bhp'ite and happens to read this travelogue of urs...
yogeshnagpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 14:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hey man, you have got a very good writing style. I'm hooked and waiting!

And oh yeah about the refreshing material on portable device to relieve your frustration - aiming to join the mile high club huh
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 15:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

This is interesting, eager to know how it went and how you change your agent's mind to relocate to Delhi.
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 17:55   #28
BHPian

Good log kaushik,

I saw this log a couple of days back and thought it was over by today. But, Oh it is just the starting ...Will have to follow the log closely from now on ...Really interesting ...Waiting for the rest ....

Thanks,
Srini...
sriswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 21:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
I am sure that was a typo.

Nevertheless, you write really well. Hooked to the thread.
Thanks dude... Indeed that was a Typo LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Now that's what I call proper planning
Yes a proper planning!! Nobody wants program to be messed up at last moment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Finally wht reason did u give @ the office...... wht if ur boss too is a t-bhp'ite and happens to read this travelogue of urs...
When I came back from there , I shared photographs with him... and one day in morning meeting in front of 25 people he said.. " Ab kahan checkup karane jaa rahe ho , iss baar?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey man, you have got a very good writing style. I'm hooked and waiting!

And oh yeah about the refreshing material on portable device to relieve your frustration - aiming to join the mile high club huh
Yes this is the only thing you can enjoy as a time and emotions killing activity , and the best part is every day you can have a new reason for this And you can really spend hours of your time for finding one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
This is interesting, eager to know how it went and how you change your agent's mind to relocate to Delhi.
I will tell you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Good log kaushik,

I saw this log a couple of days back and thought it was over by today. But, Oh it is just the starting ...Will have to follow the log closely from now on ...Really interesting ...Waiting for the rest ....

Thanks,
Srini...
Thanks for your comment , It has to be completed by today but again I was burning my a** whole day while working on one of the Honda's production server that's how I spend my day today...

Last edited by akaushik : 14th March 2010 at 21:33.
Old 14th March 2010, 21:32   #30
BHPian

The D’Day
My agent was not feeling well. I called her while reaching airport and came to know that she had food poisoning last night.

Why on the earth happens to you today only , I thought… I was thinking about the dal makhinis and panner on one side of the table and dalia khichdi on the other.

I politely , like a good friend asked her that no problem you will be all right have loads of ORS water , visit doctor and other endless advices which I could for her faster recovery.

I also instructed her not to come airport but She insisted that she will come at any cost. This is the problem with all the girls on the planet. They can do anything for a man , and this is the problem with the all the men that they let them do everything.

After getting ready for departure from Home I was wandering in my balcony waiting for the cab , My sister said “ Usually for a business trip , this is the first time you are ready before time are you really going for office work or what ?”

Oh god… These sisters are very smart and “younger the sister smarter is she” I was explaining my situation to my sis but thanks to the door bell , a man early in his thirty’s rang my doorbell , Sir your cab is ready. What I nice timing , I must say gentlemen! Otherwise I would have been busted by my Sis and she is really good at it.

I will come in a moment I said.. I took a water bottle and my baggage handed a 500 rupees note to my sister for the packing charges & went downstairs there I saw a silver tata indica parked. Driver loaded my baggage and I was set to arrive.

Thanks to the Tatas , In this my trip I was totally dependent on the Tata’s. Right from My leg of journey in Tata Indica followed by , Tata Sumo , Tata Indigo , and then back to square one Tata Indica.

We (me and driver) talked about lot of things in between my Home >>> Delhi airport stretch The guy was from Himachal , I asked him “ You are from Himachal” he said yes how do you know … and I started with my never ending discussion about hills , comparison between lower/upper Himachal/uttarakhand blah blah blah...

I said "I had been there more then my nana nani’s house". At last he said sir you know more places then me in himachal.

I arrived at the airport JOT intentionally, The trick is never get in queue for boarding pass. Just wait at the lounge or restroom where you feel comfortable and then just before 45 minutes arrival to the flight or may be half an hour ask some airline attendant that sorry I am late I have a flight to catch can you please help in my boarding pass. Hurray ! She will take you like a VIP and get it done in minutes. You don’t need to stand in long queues because these days domestic flights are more or less same like railways.

I went there for security check and finally boarded my flight. By mistake my seat number was 24D , I was sandwiched between a chichora kind of the left side and a government service person on the right , I took out my PSP and the man was looking it as if I had taken out a new gadget to hijack this flight.

I was thinking and cursing myself but fortunately or un fortunately I was seated on 23 D and a young lady approached me and said “ Your Seat number ? “ I looked at the seat number on the left side and said 23 D.
The girl was looking sexy and , I thank god for giving me a good companion for the flight but air hostess asked me to check my boarding pass and my all happiness became clouds of lugubriousness. She said I need to sit corner seat one row before where I had seated.

Gosh! I had missed one more reason to make her feel jealous , all girls has this feeling of insecurity.

to be continued.....

Last edited by akaushik : 14th March 2010 at 21:47.