Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 26th March 2010, 08:42   #106
Senior - BHPian

Just man, the sunrise, sunsets amazing, pls water mark those pics other than Team-BHP before posting; who knows? It could be stolen for an award

By the way, why is that red blockage made up of cloth put in front of railway tracks? Was that to stop the train?

Last edited by aargee : 26th March 2010 at 08:44.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 16:03   #107
BHPian

^^^ Red cloth is the stop signal for trains.
This system is followed at all railway crossings without gates.
WDM007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 13:18   #108
BHPian

Thanks guys for your comments.
akaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 13:20   #109
BHPian

Some more photographs and waterfalls..
Attached Images

Old 27th March 2010, 15:17   #110
Team-BHP Support

The water fall looks amazing. Some how the previous shots of the fall that you posted did not look this impressive !

Also the roads seem inviting ! Was the traffic always so sparse or the snap is one for the road ?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 17:32   #111
Awaiting Email Confirmation

After seeing these breathtaking photographs, my inner voice tells me to visit Kaziranga National Park, Cherrapunjee and these waterfalls.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 22:47   #112
BHPian

Kaushik,

Don't think that we are not following the thread ! The pics are awesome....specially the waterfalls one, the one with you with background of the hill range... One request, update us on the story as well ..... ....

Thanks,
Srini...
sriswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 06:40   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The water fall looks amazing. Some how the previous shots of the fall that you posted did not look this impressive !

Also the roads seem inviting ! Was the traffic always so sparse or the snap is one for the road ?
Traffic was also like this on the whole route and you can enjoy the scenery without any traffic noise and other disturbances this is what we call as purely nature!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
After seeing these breathtaking photographs, my inner voice tells me to visit Kaziranga National Park, Cherrapunjee and these waterfalls.
Yes indeed , The virgin beauty is something which cant be described by text and even with a camera you need to experience it with naked eyes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Kaushik,

Don't think that we are not following the thread ! The pics are awesome....specially the waterfalls one, the one with you with background of the hill range... One request, update us on the story as well ..... ....

Thanks,
Srini...
Thanks dude.. you made my writing bug to post the next leg of story so here you go..
Old 28th March 2010, 07:07   #114
BHPian

I entered the room checked wash room and took a shower , It is very surprising for me that the hot boiler was not working and they are supplying water in the buckets.

So I decided to take a chill shower with 26 degree temperature. I called “Agent47” again and explained her everything , At the same time I was also regretting the fact that " She is not with me at such a wonderful place!!" I mean alone in a 3* hotel spending a night while watching late night show on FTV was like a situation when your mind want to relax and body wants to do something else.

While changing my positions on a queen size bed and scratching my head finally I slept. I had already planned my next day to visit places as much as I can. I had already asked “Agent47” to get my ticket cancelled by calling jet airways number. I woke up early next morning and booked a taxi for the whole day sight seeing to cherapunji and other regions.

The sunrise picture was the first ray of the sunlight captured from the central point hotel in shillong ( 5:10 AM). I negotiated with a taxi driver in 1200 Bucks for a day to cherapunji and other related areas. But before that I had to book a chopper ride from shilling to guwahati. The booking opens at 8:00 AM and I had already booked taxi at 7:00 AM. After a complementary breakfast that includes poa , fruits , grilled vegetables & juice , I arrived for the mesmerizing experience for the first time in my life. To the North Eastern part of India.

The cherapunji was around 65 kms from there and receives the highest rainfall on planet , means on an average this place is wettest place on the earth and it rains daily. The route from shillong to cherapunji is surrounded by dense green flora and fauna with clouds and hills , The hills and vally can be slightly compared to the Kashmir because of the scenic beauty and river flowing road side like in pahalgaon or manali.

Wind blowing gushing from the side windows of the car ,

I read this kind of beauty in books and in my Social Science classes at the school level that cherapunji is the only place in the world with the highest rainfall and today after 17 years of my classes , I am visiting that place.

There are mainly 4-5 places to visit in and around shillong , Sohra , cherapunji .Duwansung view point , eco –park , caves , Elephant falls , seven sister waterfall , sweet falls. First we visited Duwansung view point where one can get a glimpse of the cherapunji peaks and clouds. Like in pictures captured of the valley the place is Duwansung View point.

After this view we started heading towards the eco park , truly natural and well maintained park with rides for children and a good picnic spot for locals , The weather was the only factor which made this place awesome , Clouds everywhere with natural bodies & waterfalls.

The next place I visited was sweet falls , A beautiful waterfall falling from great height , the major tourist attraction and a fest for photographers and people loving natural beauty. Time was running very fast and I had to travel a long distance , but I was quite exited for the caves

It was 10:00 AM and we had already reached visited few of the exotic places and natural abode. Nature was sprinkling small droplets of water in the atmosphere. The charisma of the wonderful waterfall was the only one thing , I waited for. A massive volume of water streams flowing towards the gravity from hundreds of feet’s above was a wonderful affair.

I was looking that much clean greenery for the first time , All the trees had been washed out by the drops of water creating a scenic effect. I asked my driver to get something to eat. There were few small shops around the place selling local dishes and some fruits. After a brief photographic session I decided to turn back for other major attraction , A cave formed by volcanic eruption! All these places are near to one another and any taxi wala can ask you to have look at all these places one by one as a part of sightseeing. I was totally enjoying the nature and was updating my agent who was shopping in the city market as her regular Saturday routine. This is very good things about all girls on the planet they simply love shopping and they can make any world record by spending x amount of money in a stipulated amount of time for instance my gf showed me exclusive saris she brought for her marriage , I mean ours! ( Although her parents are not aware of the fact that her daughter has started shopping for her own marriage.) She had around 8 saris all starting from 3000 to 6000 rupees which was brought recently for her time killing spree.

That was a mesmerizing experience, we reached at the cave door and a large board standing outside was informing and warning all visitors about the cave.

to be continued....
Old 28th March 2010, 16:44   #115

Wonderful write up Dude. Photo's are great especially the Valley and the waterfalls. Keep them coming.
Driving_Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 15:48   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Dreams View Post
Wonderful write up Dude. Photo's are great especially the Valley and the waterfalls. Keep them coming.
Thanks for your words posting some more..
Attached Images

Old 31st March 2010, 15:52   #117
BHPian

Sorry for late reply guys!! I was engaged on other drive Delhi >> Jaipur >> Ajmer Sharif >> Pushkar >>> Delhi in 24 hours. Was there for procuring some marble for my new house construction pics are less but will try to post them someday! Till then enjoy pics from North East
Attached Images

Old 31st March 2010, 15:53   #118
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Incredible pics mate. Off lately, I'm just hooked to this thread.
Great write-up and amazing snaps !!
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 19:27   #119
Team-BHP Support

Very nice pics! The man hole (if it can be called one ! ) is really different.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 22:22   #120
BHPian

This is turning out to be an excellent travelogue, Kaushik.

Couldn't resist the temptation of adding a few photos taken during my last trip to Cherrapunjee. Hope you won't mind.

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-p1020223.jpg

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-p1020250.jpg

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-p1020260.jpg

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-p1020287.jpg

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-p1020302.jpg

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-p1020315.jpg

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-p1020348.jpg

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-p1020358.jpg

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-p1020369.jpg

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-p1020414.jpg

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-p1020430.jpg

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-p1020431.jpg
tortoiseNhare is offline   Reply With Quote