Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 1st April 2010, 12:29   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

tortoiseNhare/akaushik -

What is the name of the huge waterfall? Is there a way to get to the bottom by trekking?
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 14:46   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Dreams View Post
Wonderful write up Dude. Photo's are great especially the Valley and the waterfalls. Keep them coming.
Thanks mate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Incredible pics mate. Off lately, I'm just hooked to this thread.
Great write-up and amazing snaps !!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Very nice pics! The man hole (if it can be called one ! ) is really different.
It is the missing waterfall and water in the drain hole gushes out approx. 200 meters from the hole thats why it is called missing waterfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
This is turning out to be an excellent travelogue, Kaushik.

Couldn't resist the temptation of adding a few photos taken during my last trip to Cherrapunjee. Hope you won't mind.
Thanks for the lovely photographs , and I wont mind and the waterfall name is I think seven sisters fall correct me if I am wrong.
akaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 14:47   #123
BHPian

For more candies for you guys!! Keep replying
Attached Images

Old 1st April 2010, 14:49   #124
BHPian

Few More... Pictures
Attached Images

Old 1st April 2010, 16:14   #125
Team-BHP Support

Man, first it looked like the gut of a reptile ! Then it dawned out ! Wow what a shape !
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 17:27   #126
BHPian

Nice pics dude..

However, I would say that on a few occasions I found your comments about the creature comforts (or lack thereof), repeatedly whining about spending so much of money for a dinner, beating the queue at airport etc. leaving a fairly bad taste..

On the lines of SpitFire, I too give a negative rating (except for the snaps).

BTW - is Mr. Khan still there at work? Or has he moved to greener pastures?
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 17:44   #127
Senior - BHPian

Kaushik, man you've visited the heavenly places on earth & you're showing the door way to us; all the scenaries in this (Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF) post are absolutely superb, no words to describe the beauty of Mother nature.
PS - Finally a picture of yours revealed us your Agent, hope your Sister doesn't browse TBHP

Last edited by aargee : 1st April 2010 at 17:45.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 20:00   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Man, first it looked like the gut of a reptile ! Then it dawned out ! Wow what a shape !
Thanks dude.... It was the cave which was very dark and congested but it is worth visiting you can notice several shapes formed by seeping water inside. It was a wonderful experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Kaushik, man you've visited the heavenly places on earth & you're showing the door way to us; all the scenaries in this (Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF) post are absolutely superb, no words to describe the beauty of Mother nature.
PS - Finally a picture of yours revealed us your Agent, hope your Sister doesn't browse TBHP
Now she knew that I had visited there so no worry!! thanks for your inspirational words.. I have just started with my logs and I have a collection of wonderful pictures...taken at the exotic places on himalayas which I will be sharing one by one in my trip logs!!

Till then stay tuned..

Last edited by akaushik : 1st April 2010 at 20:04.
Old 1st April 2010, 20:07   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
I have a collection of wonderful pictures...taken at the exotic places on himalayas which I will be sharing one by one in my trip logs!!Till then stay tuned..
WOW!!! that's the place I love to ride; ever since my friends told about adventureous ride they made to Leh, I've been longing to ride there. Advance Thanks to you for sharing them, I'll watch out for your thread.
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:01   #130
BHPian

The cave was formed by a volcanic activity and was very steep and slippery , all the rocks with natural formed shapes was illuminated by one halogen lamp placed by the authority, the length of the cave was around 300 meters but very steep and tight turns, Only one person at a time was able to enter in the small chambers. Cave was filled with water seeping inside from the natural spring and rain water.

The weather inside the cave was around 10 degrees colder then outside , as the matter of fact that no sunlight had been there from thousands of years.
I took out my camera for some photographs and tried to go through it fast , the other reason for my hurry was , at one point in the way I felt like suffocated and exhausted.

After moving ahead for 300 meters inside the mountain , A large corridor came from where a large opening of volcanic eruption can be seen. I took another photograph there by holding the tree branches passing through the dead volcano.

After this point , I asked driver for the elephant waterfall and he said that he will be going back to shillong as the place is on the way , He also showed me a very old ashram , Ram Krishan Param Hans and then we left for the last point , The Elephant fall. The place was very near to the main Shillong ~Cherapunji road.

The name Elephant Waterfall was given to it by some British as you can read in one of the picture.

It was a nice waterfall with lot of tourist around, main stairs leads to the three staged water fall, on the first stage the waterfall was gushing out from some where inside and was really difficult to recognize. It was making an illusion that water is coming from a large pipe placed behind the rocks. On the second step again the water was travelling from the first step to a big rock making a small water pool. And finally on the third step water is again for the third time overflows from the small pool on the second one and falling from a very good height.

The third step was the good one from where two steps of the waterfall can be seen together. As I was forced by my 3star hotel to check out in the morning because of the unavailability of the rooms , I was stranded with my baggage placed in the boot of my car taxi. Taxi driver asked me that he will be going to drop me in the police market from where I can search for the hotels , as this point of time there were no rooms available in any of the hotels.

For the second time, I was about to start my journey for the hotel hunt. I checked many good hotels , decent ones but my efforts were in vein. I was carrying my taxi driver number and after a long 2 hours search , I decided to give him a call to ask for any other alternative otherwise the only option left with me was to return back to guwahati.

I called driver to arrange any accommodation.

He said that he will try to arrange. Guys ! that was one of the worst hotel , I had ever spent a night in. I don’t want to discuss much more details about the place but It sucks! Somehow I managed to spend my time there for a night while struggling with the bells ringing just adjacent to my door (because the waiter call button’s ring bell was installed there) , the smell of pork in the kitchen ( Kitchen was also there just another side of my room ). Other sounds I don’t want to discuss ;-)

Some how I placed my baggages in the room and went outside to market for killing some time I went to the room at midnight. Next morning , I went to MTC bus stand to book a helicopter for my journey to the nearest airport.

Quote:
This Part Wrote on Guwhati Airport

Flying was a very good experience for me , I was reporting her on my every move. Now I am on the Guwahati airport writing this trip log , sipping a Nirvana with a veg sandwich so , A felling of satisfaction and enjoyment is gushing out from me because another place , another destination is added into my list of expeditions more over I had been to the most wettest place on earth.

Just few seconds ago I again had a word with my agent and the last words I said to her was “It was a very expensive dinner” & she replied “ Dear , there are few things in life which money cant buy!!” A sheer smile on my face was noticed by the fellow passengers but Indeed !!! There are not few but many things in life more important then money!

So followed by another set of pictures and Happy Ending...

Last edited by akaushik : 2nd April 2010 at 11:05.
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:11   #131
BHPian

Another Set of Pictures Second Last Set..
Attached Images

Old 7th April 2010, 12:05   #132
Senior - BHPian

Oh!! Kaushik, I missed out the last few pics (some of them duplicates). Absolutely superb & good ending & your narration is good. Sorry couldn't rate again

By the way, how did you take that rosy scenic pic? Looks mesmerizing.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:10   #133
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Yep, clap clap clap. So when are you going to post wedding photos with Agent 47, like SmartCat's doing in his travelogue?
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 15:28   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

The wedding arch lights at the entrance of the marriage hall will just say

AK-47

instead of AKaushik weds Agent47
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 15:39   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
By the way, how did you take that rosy scenic pic? Looks mesmerizing.
Thanks , this picture was touched up by photoshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Yep, clap clap clap. So when are you going to post wedding photos with Agent 47, like SmartCat's doing in his travelogue?
If everything goes fine then I would be the first one on TBHP to post a one month honeymoon travelogue... this year. Lets keep our fingers crossed..hahahah