Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th April 2010, 10:59   #1
Arrow Mumbai to Shirdi via Sinnar (244 kms)

Visited Shirdi on 15th April 2010 by road, 5 Adults to take Sai Baba's blessings

Vehicle - Hyundai Accent GLE 2005.

Route taken - Mumbai to Shirdi via Sinnar

Approx Kms - 244

Driving time - 5 hrs 15 mins which included a halt for lunch at a small Highway Dhaba (I forgot the name)

Driving directions -

-- From Mumbai Take NH3 till Ghoti

-- Keep going on NH3 don’t take the Ghoti right, after the Ghoti Turn you will see a Major Right which gets you onto a bridge that will bypass Ghoti town and take you directly onto Sinnar Road

-- Sinnar road is quite scenic and you will see the Suzlon windmills along the way, but currently there are couple of bad patches on this road with lots of potholes which will greatly reduce your speed

-- Go till end of the Sinnar Road and Turn right at NH 50/Poona Rd Pass by Sinnar college on the right

-- Turn left at SH39

-- Continue on SH39 pass by Pangri keep going you will come to a junction

-- Turn right onto SH 7 Go through 1 roundabout

-- Continue on SH7 Cross Zagade Phata keep going straight you will come to T Junction

-- Turn right onto SH10 – reach Shirdi

On the NH3 there are lots of petrol pumps, I fill only from HP, there are at least 2, one of them has a cafe coffee day and one has Kailash Parbat.

I have google mapped this route and based on that I have put the above directions, hope it helps everyone, Cheers! Happy motoring!
surajchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 11:34   #2
Default Landmarks to identify turn

Hi Suraj,
Am planning to go this weekend. Am looking to take the road that bypasses Ghoti village. Any landmarks or signs to identify the point at which I should turn right?
karthik_rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 16:52   #3
Default Re: Mumbai to Shirdi via Sinnar (244 kms)

Ok, I did not go to Shirdi, but I went to Bhandardara instead, and I found the right turn.

You will come to a toll plaza about 8-10 km to the North of Manas Resorts, Igatpuri, on NH3. After this toll plaza, the Second right turn and the third right turn will lead you up the Sinnar/Shirdi route. There is clear signage, so there is no real need for any other landmarks.

The road from Ghoti to Pimaplgaon village, where you take a right to Bhandardara, is in terrible shape. You have to really slow down. The mud track on the side of the road was smoother :-).
karthik_rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 18:39   #4
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Mumbai to Shirdi via Sinnar (244 kms)

When I was a student I did this route once. Half way though. Nashik to Mumbai with my cousin. I did it within 75 bucks 10 years back. Took State transport bus from Sinnar, crossed Nashik and till some train station (I don't remember now.) Then took a local train from there till Kalyan.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote