Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 27th April 2010, 13:55   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
sree, which direction is the liril and vattakanal falls? I guess these are not in the normal touristy loop road that starts and ends at Coakers walk. Is this in some other direction?Fairy falls is inside and electricty board area and I remember seeing a wall. Now I see some construction from your photo? any idea what's going on there??
@ laluks, The lirl falls is sitauted on the right side of the regular route ie from Coakers walk to pillars rock & guna caves route.
Fairy falls is near electricity board & i didnot enquire about the construction works.
Vattakanal falls ia about a KM ride from fairy falls. On the Coakers walk to pillars rock & guna caves route after 5kms from coakers walk u find St.Peters School and here you have to take a left U turn & this narrow road leads to Vattakanal falls.
Since I hired Guide he took me in short cuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Sree
Somehow all the photographs are not getting loaded on the screen
or is it only me ?
Sunrise and Sunset are two of the natures wonderful events. I always feel amazed to watch a sunrise or sunset. Watching it in Kodai would be much more romantic and wonderful for sure.

Why did you choose Canon 550D ?, i am seeing more people picking up a Cannon these days. Nikon seems to be loosing the battle slowly. Am I correct in my understanding ?
Initially loading of photos was slow but now it is ok.
Watching sunrise in Kodai was a different expreince.
There is big battle between canon vs nikkon. Went to the shop with both the brands in mind. After handling each dslr cameras found canon suited best for me. Canaon has better service centres & canon brand dslr's has option of wide range Zoom lenses.
I am satisfied with the quality of Canaon550D.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp flower red frme_1.bmp (969.0 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by sree70 : 27th April 2010 at 14:01.
sree70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 14:04   #47
BHPian

An image of a redflower from canon 550D
Name:  flower red frme_1_1.bmp
Views: 1572
Size:  900.6 KB
Old 27th April 2010, 14:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

Sree, i was going through the recent posts and photographs. Many of them are simply super, understand the credit goes to the new 550D. You were lucky enough to see some Guars on the ghats. My wifey will simply die to visit this Chocolate factory . Though i been to Kodai many times, havent covered many places . Now it makes sense to redo a Kodai trip covering the missed out locations and especially since all the previous trips were from School and College making it a quick run.
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 10:45   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
@aargee,
No specific reasons was just playing with edit options.
@ astoria veg no buffet b/f it was shared between team members.
No. They arranged a travel agent to get the pass on behalf of us & along with the vehicle for few extra $$.
Actually the fees for the entry pass is only RS.300/- but they charged RS.1800/- for getting the pass, vehicle & the driver.
@SREE

Thanks for bringing back my good ole memories of trekking in Berijam lake!
I had gone trekking in my high school days(some 18 yrs ago) where we had laid tents by the banks of Berijam Lake and took some strenuous treks into the Sholas nearby. That is one heck of an experience that I cannot forget in my lifetime! Looking at your snaps I relived those moments and rejoiced!

p.s. didnt know that travel agents could arrange for the passes. Is it possible to fetch the travel agent's contact details? I am traveling to Kodai this weekend with family and will try my luck. But I am not staying in any hotel so it will be better to talk to the agent directly.
luvurride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 15:09   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
@SREE

p.s. didnt know that travel agents could arrange for the passes. Is it possible to fetch the travel agent's contact details? I am traveling to Kodai this weekend with family and will try my luck. But I am not staying in any hotel so it will be better to talk to the agent directly.
Travel Agent:
Traveller's INN
Driver name: Mr. Sunder raj
Contact No:9842587300
office: near lake side
Hope these details will be helpful. I had booked for Taxi along with getting permission / passes for forest entry.
regards
sree
Old 28th April 2010, 17:21   #51
BHPian

You need to go to Forest Office (next to Padma Lodge) around 9:30-10 AM.Fill up an application (Rs 10) and pay 100 Rs and One can get the permission.They give it in early mornings only.
manavdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 18:25   #52
BHPian

Can any one help me only few photos are opening is there any problem in the upload?

Also i have one more question is it not possible to go to the Berajim lake in our own vehicle? or only guides vehicle are allowed? pls clarify
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 20:07   #53
BHPian

@sathyaprakash,
You can drive your own vehicle into the forest but permission has to be obtained from the forest office to enter into the forest.
The forest officials will issue permission for only limited number of cars (about 20 to 25cars per day) @ about 10-00am and during the peak season the line for it starts as early as 7-00AM. On the permission the vehicle number & no. of people travelling in it are entered.
I didn't want to stand in the 'Q' for hours & waste precious time in Kodai, so arranged for a travel agent to arrange the pass along with the taxi.
You can also take help of a travel agent to obtain only the pass & drive into the forest in your own vehicle.
There are absolutely no problems with the road conditions & its the only road in the forest, so no confusions.
regards
sree

Last edited by sree70 : 28th April 2010 at 20:09.
Old 29th April 2010, 07:38   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
Travel Agent:
Traveller's INN
Driver name: Mr. Sunder raj
Contact No:9842587300
office: near lake side
Hope these details will be helpful. I had booked for Taxi along with getting permission / passes for forest entry.
regards
sree
MUCHOS GRACIAS my friend! I'll give it a shot! Also I feel that going into protected roads without a local will be a safer option with kid on board. That's why I was interested in the package with the vehicle.
luvurride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 11:30   #55
BHPian

Sree
Thats a neat & crisp log with pictures placed at the right points. ! Excellent

Also I think you chose a very good place to stay. I have noticed this during most of the trips, though the places might not offer to see that many places as hyped, the place of stay matters a lot. Like you have mentioned, sipping hot coffee on the wooden bench overlooking the Kodai beauty, is indeed truly an amazing experience !

Good one sree..I hope you got a chance to rip your ASTA
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 22:20   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Sree
Thats a neat & crisp log with pictures placed at the right points. ! Excellent

Also I think you chose a very good place to stay. I have noticed this during most of the trips, though the places might not offer to see that many places as hyped, the place of stay matters a lot. Like you have mentioned, sipping hot coffee on the wooden bench overlooking the Kodai beauty, is indeed truly an amazing experience !

Good one sree..I hope you got a chance to rip your ASTA
Hey siva(s3va), 1st wish after nagarahole meet.
Thanks for the comments.
After ripping to kodai I have to wait till July (monsoons) for the next one.
Regards
Sree
Old 30th April 2010, 20:05   #57
BHPian

Nice pics sree.. I am planning to Kodai next weekend.
rabnawaz_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 21:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
Thanks! rabnawaz & be prepared the peak season rush in Kodai.
Old 1st May 2010, 11:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
You can take the uphill via Bathalakundu and downhill via palani....even the other way around is also fine..via palani is bit distance (around 45-50 kms)
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:06   #60
BHPian

Surprise, thats the same plan I have. May be I do other way round.
Yeah I know there's going to be a peak season and also weekend rush. But have no option, had to plan something before my niece holidays get over.
Also, anyone fan of Talapakatty Biryani?? I like their Biryani and its in Dindigul. Also theres a new restaurant open in Batlagundu.
rabnawaz_b is offline   Reply With Quote