Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:21   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Eranakulam
Posts: 208
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
My Question:

How do you get admission to that college?
I want to get one more degree.
Even I was floored upon seeing that such colleges existed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Longer shutter helps. Normal persons can hold camera steady up to shutter speeds of 60. Any longer shutter speed leads to camera shake. so keeping shutter speeds in the range of 60 to 100 when the vehicle moves, with appropriate aperture for correct exposure helps a lot in creating such effects.
If one feels they have a pair of very steady hands, then go down to even 10 or 20.
Thanks so much for this advice MX6, others planning to do hi-speed photography on such roads will surely find this helpful! For me- I don't have a professional camera yet :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
If Ia am driving to Periyar from Bangalore, will I get to hit this road?
Hi sarmarishi, can you please be specific about Periyar? By Periyar, do you mean Idukki / Aluva / Kalady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Awesome cool road. saw the pics of ferrari's blasting through these type of roads in the Magic India trip,that's when i found about the winding roads in munnar.
P.S. how much kms is it from ernakulam?(thru the above said road). But my ride is far from sporty,(wagonR)
Hi Dicky, It's around 130KM from Ernakulam to the start of this road (from Devikkolam). And don't worry friend, you will surely enjoy the road whatever the car is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
Wow! It's such a treat to see our country roads with a different perspective (minus the potholes), each road seems so less travelled yet so frequented...!
Since I was never expecting such a road when I took it, I was greatly surprised. I guess when expectations are zero, the surprise will be greater. So you can guess how surprised I was with that day! And yes, it's a refreshing break from the potholes and traffic jams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuks View Post
Good pics and nice write-up!

Enjoyed it. Your route just circled my home-town. The road quality has improved a lot in recent years.
Indeed, it was very impressive for a State Highway
Games Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 07:12   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 40 Times
Smile

Hi
Great review. Will try it sometime in the future.
Cheers
drrajasaravanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 12:31   #33
BHPian
 
sami316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 469
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Hi,

Awesome pics and excellent write up. I missed out on a chance to visit this lovely place a couple of years back. But will definitely plan and go here in the near future.
sami316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 09:39   #34
Newbie
 
prajyot22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

'Kallar-Puliyamala-Kattappana-Vellayamkudi-Idukki-Painavu-Kulamavu-Kolapra-Muttom-Thodupuzha-Muvattupuzha'
must have taken ages to write this...!!

anyways great pics there. looks like a wonderful road in lush green forests..
prajyot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 12:17   #35
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Been zipping in and out of Munnar umpteen times since my better half is from there, never have tried this road and is on my next agenda now. Many thanks for posting this
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 12:20   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 704 Times
Default

Great man. You did that kind of driving with your dad sitting beside? I remember my early days of driving with my father. It was more like left-left-left-right-right-right-horn-horn-horn..and so on. Nowadays he is more confident about my driving and I act good when he is there

Good to know that your dad enjoys driving the way you do
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful route. Should try soon though my car is not such a driver's car
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 13:41   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default

Nice snaps GG! You've got a beautiful machine to drift .
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 14:24   #38
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,950 Times
Default

Amazing scenary and agree with you its a drivers car road. I experienced one such road probably not equally beautiful nature wise but had similar twisties that is from Lonavla to Amby Valley.

This route is about 15kms which will turn your insides out but, was fun to tame that road in a 100bhp Fiat Petra that i was driving then.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 12:13   #39
BHPian
 
sameer sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 322
Thanked: 232 Times
Default

I drove on this road twice. First in my Shoda Octavia 1.9TDI and then last year in the Jetta AT 1.9TDi. It was amazing driving both these cars on this super stretch. In the Jetta which has an excellent road grip in sharp turns I was doing abt 120KMPH and I was able to turn the car at such an high speed without it moving even a bit away. Nedunkamdum to Munnar is super stretch.

In the Skoda I was with family, hence did not floor it but still I enjoyed driving.
sameer sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 15:53   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Eranakulam
Posts: 208
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
Great review. Will try it sometime in the future.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hi,

Awesome pics and excellent write up. I missed out on a chance to visit this lovely place a couple of years back. But will definitely plan and go here in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Nice snaps GG! You've got a beautiful machine to drift .
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajyot22 View Post
'Kallar-Puliyamala-Kattappana-Vellayamkudi-Idukki-Painavu-Kulamavu-Kolapra-Muttom-Thodupuzha-Muvattupuzha'
must have taken ages to write this...!!

anyways great pics there. looks like a wonderful road in lush green forests..
Yes, it did take some time to get the spellings right! With help from google maps of course



Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Great man. You did that kind of driving with your dad sitting beside? I remember my early days of driving with my father. It was more like left-left-left-right-right-right-horn-horn-horn..and so on. Nowadays he is more confident about my driving and I act good when he is there

Good to know that your dad enjoys driving the way you do
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful route. Should try soon though my car is not such a driver's car
Well even I was surprised no one in the car objected to the spirited drive (my dad, mom and two relatives). They were too busy enjoying the road and scenery I guess!


Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Amazing scenary and agree with you its a drivers car road. I experienced one such road probably not equally beautiful nature wise but had similar twisties that is from Lonavla to Amby Valley.

This route is about 15kms which will turn your insides out but, was fun to tame that road in a 100bhp Fiat Petra that i was driving then.
Thanks mobike008! will keep this route in mind if I happen to be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
I drove on this road twice. First in my Shoda Octavia 1.9TDI and then last year in the Jetta AT 1.9TDi. It was amazing driving both these cars on this super stretch. In the Jetta which has an excellent road grip in sharp turns I was doing abt 120KMPH and I was able to turn the car at such an high speed without it moving even a bit away. Nedunkamdum to Munnar is super stretch.

In the Skoda I was with family, hence did not floor it but still I enjoyed driving.
Those are some great cars to do this stretch! Looks like the Jetta and Laura can handle these roads without breaking a sweat!
Games Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How awesome can a road trip be? The Great Ocean Road Trip : Melbourne! champ27 Travelogues 31 17th July 2014 14:56
Mitsubishi Cedia : Great driving Challenge. powercrzy Indian Motorsport 256 5th September 2009 16:37
Our great indian roads with great indian truck drivers... low_bass_makker Shifting gears 3 11th July 2006 01:15
great forum, great people and great cars... tadukuttan Introduce yourself 8 19th June 2006 10:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:38.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks