Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 5th June 2010, 01:23   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

That's a very risky drive you guys undertook, with ladies in the car.

unoczar -> next time (even in the Swift), I suggest you don't drive after dinner. Plan your drive in such a way that you reach a fairly big town by 8 - 9 PM maximum. It's simply not worth risking your family's lives and others on the road.

Meanwhile, the ladies in the Scoprio deserve a big thumbs up - for not making too much fuss about this ordeal.

Had it been us in the Scopio with Mazhar, my wife would have definitely abandoned me way back in New Delhi
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 03:25   #227
BHPian

I came across this thread today and it has me hooked onto it. Bhai next part please
cadaver_prad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 09:12   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupin_s View Post
And he was in the front seat too, i've simply got no words for this guy!!

iT'S HARD TO BELIEVE ALL THIS HAPPENED IN one TRIP!
i also could not believe that so much S*** can happen in one trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Kabhi Mazhar ko Hyderabad ke meets mein leke aana!
Uska counseling hum log karte hain! LOL!

Masha allah! BTW, It was your lucky day that nothing serious happened!
hehe... i doubt that will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Ghode bech ke sona isko bolte hain

Khaleed bhai, you sure are lucky to be writing this travelogue.

Khuda meherbaan to bandaa pehelwaan.
very true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
That's a very risky drive you guys undertook, with ladies in the car.

unoczar -> next time (even in the Swift), I suggest you don't drive after dinner. Plan your drive in such a way that you reach a fairly big town by 8 - 9 PM maximum. It's simply not worth risking your family's lives and others on the road.

Meanwhile, the ladies in the Scoprio deserve a big thumbs up - for not making too much fuss about this ordeal.

Had it been us in the Scopio with Mazhar, my wife would have definitely abandoned me way back in New Delhi
Exactly, that was my strategy through the whole trip.. no night driving, but the time we lost with the break downs and stoppages in delhi, made me attempt that stupid thing. I broke my own rule and paid for it. thats the bottom line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver_prad View Post
I came across this thread today and it has me hooked onto it. Bhai next part please
Final part shall be written tonight.
unoczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 09:37   #229
Senior - BHPian

Khaleed Bhai there was no choo chaa on you guys, in order to balance your luck with this incident god had troubled you earlier...good learning for all of us...thanks for sharing
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 10:30   #230
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Khaleed Bhai there was no choo chaa on you guys, in order to balance your luck with this incident god had troubled you earlier...good learning for all of us...thanks for sharing
I belive the Choo Chaa saved them, otherwise who comes out unhurt after crossing a median in sleep (touchwood)

I would have abandoned the car and came home by bullock cart if there were so many problems in 1 trip with ladies accompanying you.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 12:55   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Pictures from the house near the accident site.

I've never seen so many parrots together.
Are you pulling a fast one, unoczar? I expected to see your Scorpio - instead I see parrots and squirrels...

Man, I have to admire you keeping your cool under the circumstances and clicking these
vrprabhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 13:03   #232
BHPian

Default Superb!

Quote:
Day 15, 4 am

Screeech.... Thud... dhadam.... dhudum....

(background) AAiyeee!!!.. aaayiiiooooo.... Ya Allah!

yes, i heard all those sounds.

Mazhar in front seat... AMAZING Guy... he's still sleeping!!

abe! uth!
huh? kya hua? (sleeps again)
utho saab, accident ho gaya!
kya? so jao jee. (wakes up like nothing happened and goes back to sleep)

he gets up after a min. realizing what had happened.

bhai, iska bhi kaam ho gaya!!
KYA?!! nahi!!!
Khaleed Bhai,

Do you still remember the types of sounds which came while you tried to sleep?

Wonderful narration! Also I liked the way it is coming to an end. Superb!

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 14:42   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
choo chaa or no choo chaa... i thank Allah.

but wait till you read the final part, before you judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
I belive the Choo Chaa saved them, otherwise who comes out unhurt after crossing a median in sleep (touchwood)

I would have abandoned the car and came home by bullock cart if there were so many problems in 1 trip with ladies accompanying you.
Even i thought that once... but couldn't really abandon the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Are you pulling a fast one, unoczar? I expected to see your Scorpio - instead I see parrots and squirrels...

Man, I have to admire you keeping your cool under the circumstances and clicking these
See, i din't even touch my camera throughout.. my wife had it in her bag. The parrots were clicked by her. I was busy and exhausted to click any pics. I was just thinking of repairing the thing and getting home. I myself saw these photos when we came back to hyd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Khaleed Bhai,

Do you still remember the types of sounds which came while you tried to sleep?

Wonderful narration! Also I liked the way it is coming to an end. Superb!

Cheers!
Irish
hehe...

haan, i have a slight memory of the sounds when the car went over the median and i suddenly woke up (everybody woke up actually except mazhar)...

you'll also love the final part... then all of you decide whether there was any choo chaa or no?
Old 5th June 2010, 16:21   #234
BHPian

Quote:
you'll also love the final part... then all of you decide whether there was any choo chaa or no?
I must say your narration is so real , still waiting for the final part.

Any pics of the tyre or the tyre shop, please post them.
ranjith.rajaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 07:48   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
I must say your narration is so real , still waiting for the final part.

Any pics of the tyre or the tyre shop, please post them.

So sorry for not posting it yesterday, poora din meetings mein tha.

and sorry again, i was so stressed about the car that i din't click a single pic on the way back, except for a couple of sunset pics (will be posted in final episode)
Old 6th June 2010, 08:34   #236
BHPian

Default Penultimate part.. hehe.. or is it?

Mazhar suddenly sees the only tyre which was good till now.. the left rear..

bhai, iska bhi kaam ho gaya!!
KYA?!! nahi!!!

We din't have a spare tyre now... ! Oh No! what else is going to happen to us?

---------------

As we had got down at the pump for toilets and all... Mazhar said..

bhai, mai akela aage jaake hawa bhara ke aata hun, aap log apna kaam karlo jab tak.
theek hai jaldi aa.

As their was no structural problem with the wheel or the tyre (in the accident), we assumed correctly that it's probably a puncture and if we keep filling air, we can reach the next town (we were in a small village) soon.

All 4 of us did our things and there was a nice breeze flowing, cold water running in the tap behind the station. It seemed we were at an oasis!

10 minutes later, Mazhar rushes into the pump, F1 style! the pump attendants are puzzled.

Jaldi baitho! Puncture yaha nahi banta kete, hawa bharwa liya!
Acha!

We hurry into the car, and he drives off like a maniac.

Abe saale dheere chala! Ye tyre agar blast ho gaya to teri Qabr yahi bana dunga!
Are bhai, hawa nikalne se pehle puncture ki dukaan pe pahunchna hai...
Dheere chala!

In all his excitement and the air leaking through the left rear, we cross the village area, filling air at 2 more spots. Finally we see a highway! Bad for us!

On seeing the smooth Tar road, Mazhar goes for it! We had earlier enquired that next tubeless puncture waala would be at 12 KM or so.

At speeds in excess of 100 on a punctured tyre... what do u think happened... TING!, cling, cling... phuuuusssss.....

Apparently, there was a nail in the tyre. A nail the size i have never ever seen in my life (no pics again sorry) it was probably the ones they use on lorries. At least 2-3 inches long, head was an inch in diameter!

I said to myself.. amazing! koi aur chhota keela nahi lag sakta tha! i mean it was big, but the only thing supporting the air inside the tyre, and now it was gone.

Again, not getting angry and keeping my cool, we get out of the car and check the remaining 3 tyres. All good.

Now, we try to open the nuts to this tyre, they won't budge. The sun was directly above us and the heat was terrible. The nuts won't just open!

We needed a rod to fit the wheel paana into it, so that we could open the nuts at least. (first things first!)

I walk a half KM or so with mazhar and a towel on my head to the nearest house.. a good man offered us water and luckily found out a rod in his tractor shed. we walk back.

The rod fits perfectly into the paana, and the nuts open! Great! Finally after another hour or so, we're able to take out the tyre.

Now, this has to be taken to a shop, we tried stopping trucks, lorries, cars and more cars. Not a single being stopped!

Suddenly we see a commander hard top slowing down. he says..

kya hua?
bhai, tyre puncture ho gaya, stepney bhi nahi hai, please ek admi aur tyre ko baitha lo!
nahi tyre ki jagah nahi hai, admi baith sakta hai.

he goes!

Now, we must walk to the nearest shop which is anywhere between 5-10 KM from here. With the sun it'll seem like 50 KMs!!

I volunteer for it, but mazhar and the other guy (arshad) ask me to stay with the car and ladies. Off they went rolling the tyre on the road like small kids in villages do! hehe..

I sit in the car, thinking to myself... and counting the number of things gone wrong! 5 now.. and i say to my wife...

Hamare saath 5 baar ye ho chuka hai, i feel aur ek baar kuch ho hoga, phir hum ghar pahunchenge!

i was getting used to these break downs by now, and for the first time now i didn't feel frustrated... angry or anything! We were sitting calmly waiting for them to return with a good tyre.

ANother thing.. all our phones are dead, the car charger won't work, its still not working.... it says.. "Charging" and next second "not charging"???

We are feeling thirsty now and there's no water in the car... i look around and see a small one room house behind us, i should get some water there.

Remember guys the second pic i had posted... you can see a small house on the right hand side. That was it.. i walk down.. again with a towel on my head, i was looking funny i guess.

i reach the house, an old lady is sitting there, with a dog! Now, i'm not scared of dogs (since one bit me when i was small) but this one was growling as soon as he saw me. I remove the towel from my head, maintaining eye contact with it.
I ask the lady for some water, she mumbles in her mouth but i feel she's not going to give any.

Suddenly i hear a man shout from the other side of the road... he's pointing to a small cement tank outside the house. I have to take water from this?!

Ok, whatever just gimme water. i walk toward the tank, the old lady comes to help me fill my bottle.

As soon as i break my eye contact with the dog, it attacks me! The stupid idiot dog attacked me!!!

i slap him on his face and he backs off! Thank heavens he couldn't grab a bite of my leg! The lady too puts some water on him and he runs away! PHEW!

i fill the water from the tank, surprisingly its cool.. and rush back, looking over my shoulder at least 10 times for the dog. hehe..

Again the wait for our 2 heroes resume. I guess they took over 2 hours to come back, and come back they did in style! In a big yellow tipper! just like victorious heroes!

Tyre ban gaya?
solid bana ke diya usne!
kya matlab?
uske paas puncture banane ka material ho gaya tha, toh usne fewiquick mitti mein mila ke laga diya... aur bola ki real puncture banane se yeh behtar hai. Guarantee hawa nahi niklegi!

And till now atleast the tyre was solid as a rock!

We zoom off toward Nagpur now...

Kya aur kuch hamare saath galat ho sakta hai??

Picture abhi baaki hai dost!

Last edited by unoczar : 6th June 2010 at 08:37.
unoczar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 09:09   #237
BHPian

This is just too incredible. Even better than a movie.
VLOCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 09:51   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
This is just too incredible. Even better than a movie.

really? thanks..

i thought previous to this post that i'll finish off here, but now i remember there are still a couple of incidents remaining... so as the popular saying goes...

PICTURE ABHI BAAKI HAI DOST
Old 6th June 2010, 11:13   #239
Senior - BHPian

Man O Man,this is one interesting,travelogue.
Next what?
I think,after Battery failure,crash,Clutch failure,brakes,only the engine is left.
Did it sieze
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 11:22   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Man O Man,this is one interesting,travelogue.
Next what?
I think,after Battery failure,crash,Clutch failure,brakes,only the engine is left.
Did it sieze

nahi nahi.. hehe... engine was good throughout. have patience.